Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34127 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2015, 05:02:57 PM »
This guy has us all quite riled up.  No lie -- aside from the obvious errors he's made, following this whole story has been fairly amusing.  I hope we all find at least some amusement in this...laughing, even at oneself, is healthy.  I would also hope we don't all get so upset that we end up turning on each other over whatever thoughts, feelings, or comments come out in this craziness. :-S  We're all good pals here!

Yeah, I agree with this :D Ericard may have transgressed, but the rest of us are all friends here. I know it's tiresome, but please give us a little more time to decide what needs to be done--there are some things all of us need to discuss together, like specific wordings for rule changes, what the procedure will be for dealing with plagiarism in the future, etc. etc. Just be a little patient and stay calm, everyone, and we'll sort this out. No need for a clown like Ericard to rile us up :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »
One solution is a DMCA takedown, which would help remove stolen content: http://www.dmca.com/signup/?r=sol

Here's my conversation with a Wikia staff member: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:823268 (If you want to add something, please let me know.)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2015, 03:16:32 AM »
DMCA looks like a good idea but it costs money.
We have to wait for Jorge.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »
Isn't it the Wikia administration team's job to make sure things posted aren't stolen/violating copyright/blatant lies? I mean I get that there's only so much one can do but why would one grant a request of authoritative power without doing a bit of background check on the person asking?

Why the hell should we (I say we since if it came to this there's not way I'd make plot shell all of it out of his own pocket)) have to pay $200 for something that could have been avoided if they hadn't given him admin rights? They're perfectly capable of stripping him of power and removing the false information themselves, I've seen it done before without DMCAs.

Not as pissed off as I proooooobably sound, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the other administrators apparently can't do anything administrative and just link to external services that cost a decent chunk of money.

Left a comment by the way, Chern.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
The admin answered, and she said we have to contact through a special way. I'll let you guys, especially plot, decide what to do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:34 PM »
Really? :o Excuse me for actually giving a crap about what if going on in the forum and offering a suggestion and responding to something that someone else already mentioned.

I am not doing much moderating at all actually, considering I don't have Any power to do so.

You said in the past that you want members to take some initiative and not really rely so much on the mods to have to do everything well, here I am offering my suggestion which by the way is one of the tamer ones I have seen on this thread.

And, just so we are clear I have asked before in the past to become a Mod if possible and become a more productive member of the dungeon. Considering since the beginning of the year that all of the new contests and even some past threads were single handedly my ideas, U would think that you would appreciate members policing their own without dragging mods into every little issue.

It's not like I have even PM' you to hell about this issue or anything, it's just this issue is obviously a major issue considering that you have alot of members of the dungeon in general that are all sorts of Artists and we are very protective of our original works.

I am sure other members agree?

It's not like you even have to agree on what we suggest, but don't act like I don't have a voice here.

I have been more than courteous depending on some of the other stuff I have seen on this thread...

Please look at the rules. See rule No.6 for what the definition of "junior moderating" is.
I will not have members instigating lynchmobs.

The moderation team and I will discuss these matters upon my return. As Gunlord reiterated earlier, we ask for your patience until we the mods can have a proper discussion about this... which will not happen for at least a week. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Ericard

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
Please look at the rules. See rule No.6 for what the definition of "junior moderating" is.

The moderation team and I will discuss these matters upon my return. As Gunlord reiterated earlier, we ask for your patience until we the mods can have a proper discussion about this... which will not happen for at least a week.

Dear Forge and other admin, I decide to put down the Plottwist sprite from the mod now. I apologize for the behaviour and that I done to plottwist and other members. And I have a few demands here:
1)Delete this topic, and also delete another topic that I posted in fan stuff
2)Terminate my account, PS:I don't need to be here anymore.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:30:57 AM by Ericard »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »
Dear Forge and other admin, I decide to put down the Plottwist sprite from the mod now. I apologize for the behaviour and that I done to plottwist and other members. And I have a few demands here:
1)Delete this topic, and also delete another topic in fan stuff
2)Terminate my account, PS:I don't need to be here anymore.

I hope your apology and actions are real. If that is the case good luck.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Ericard

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2015, 08:18:56 AM »
I hope your apology and actions are real. If that is the case good luck.

Yes, it's true. So sorry guys... I just bring out his sprite from the mod.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2015, 09:02:02 AM »

Instigating a lynchmob?! When the heck did I say anything about starting a lynchmob?! A matter of fact to be technical I didn't even start this thread!

My very first post was just a suggestion about a statement being made about this as it may discourage others from doing this in the future!

This is coming from one of the people that encouraged to do a DDOS attack on Ericard!

Maybe you should look at the comments in this thread more carefully:
So you propose to just let him get off scot-free and probably do this to somebody else?

I didn't say it was a perfect answer

Jorge knows what's up.

Hell I even agreed with your suggestion about adding a content without a creator's premission:
I'm with that, it's a start. Anything else that he has coming is on him...

Your coming at me, but yet the true creator of the sprite said it himself:
Lucky me I don't play by this "be a better human" code. If I did, people like Ericard would be going around scott free doing their shit using my things without anyone stopping them. It's a silly self-imposed samurai restriction that generates no results whatsoever.

A person that does something wrong, needs to be reminded what they are doing wrong, or they'll never change.

By exposing Ericard and marking him as a thief, MAYBE he'll rethink his ways in the long run and eventually stop his antics. I know some people who do, so I'm positive in that. Until then, let the badmouthing run amok. It's not like it's having any effect, is it ;) ?

Also, I find it funny that you're expressing concern for him being "harassed too much", when the one starting it was himself by demeaning my work. You reap what you sow, I guess. I told him through PM that this was going to happen because he was acting like a twat. It's not like he didn't knew it or didn't have time to fix his mess. It was his choice to go on with his shenanigans, and this is the most I can do. So I'll do it.

I haven't said anything that hasn't been mentioned already than other members and not even to some of the other extremes that were mentioned:
It should be locked.
This thread targets a single user and encourages other members to follow and attack him and thus far the moderators have only either contributed to it or laughed.

If this thread targeted any other member I doubt it would have gone this far.
This thread should be stickied, for reference to newer people.
I'm surprised he hasn't just been banned, given the amount of trouble he's caused.
I'll add to the votes as well.  I'd suggest that perhaps if amends and an agreement are made, perhaps banning won't be necessary?
I.E. if someone had apologized and gotten permission, or apologized and removed the stolen sprite, perhaps instead of conversations on banishment we could instead be reminiscing good times over a spot of tea and some crumpets...or a hamburger.

Also, while I do think some example should be made of the offender, there probably is a line to avoid crossing.  While a sticky for the sake of a warning to other spriters is a valid idea, we don't want him permanently in stocks do we?  "THIEF" is a deserving title right now, among others it seems as he continues to dig a grave for himself, and this instance should be stopped.  Notifying admins of the stolen content etc. in this game seems like a good idea.  However, people do have the ability to change and "grow up".  Perhaps in time, he will learn the proper way(s) to cite and use the intellectual property of others.  And it may be a long time before that happens...but eventually the rat is shocked enough to learn it's way through the maze, right?
If someone do idiotic stuff like that they should be punished. In our case he deserves to get exposed in ALL possible ways about "his" work everywhere.

With his refusal to remove the sprite from "his" game he, at least for me, is no longer a real member of this community.

The sprite is not even mine and I raged like mad when I saw what he did and how he refuses to remove this sprite.

I will "hunt" him down :D
Ericard just took the first step of becoming a criminal. And we have to leave him alone? Just hope he will be banned here? That is not how things work in my eyes. I will go to the other Castlevania sites with proof that he is a thief and make him sorry for his ignorance.
Having been on the wrong side of a situation like this before, I can confidently say this is not bullying. Bullying would be harassing Ericard while in the process of, or after, getting the sprite removed from the game. Bullying would be if Ericard was cooperating with you guys, but you still followed him around and labeled him "THIEF" wherever he went. Bullying would be making death threats or illegally using his personal information against him.

This is not any of that. Ericard was caught in a copyright violation, and instead of apologizing and taking the sprite out, he:

1. Lied about finding it on google
2. Argued that it was fine because there was no explicit copyright statement on the sprite
3. Insisted it was impossible to remove, despite the fact that anyone with the brain to make a game obviously knows its not.
4. Pissed on the quality of the work
5. Continued to promote his game on other websites
6. Pretended to be another person on said other websites to avoid direct scrutiny
7. Returned here to finally and defiantly declare that there was no way the sprite was ever being removed

At this point he's not becoming a criminal, he IS one, and if he has a website that hosts this content it should be taken down.

Dude if your just buddies with him or whatever then just say so, but don't come at me sideways for no reason. You mention "Junior Moderating" yet, I've been on the forum for a while now and my near 1700 posts prove that.

If you had such a issue about me suggesting that Ericard be banned just so he doesn't get extra harassed or this thread turn into a cluster (which it did) then say it to everyone, not just me.

Don't know how I feel about not being able to offer my opinions to a site that is clearly bias to certain members and anyone else outside of the little circle gets sh*t. (This is not the first time this has happened here) Maybe I should just take my fan-game and move on...

I clearly was passionate about this forum when I first came about it and tried to make it a little better than when I left it.

All The Contests, Bestiary and Compendium and Music and Sound Reguests Showcase were single handedly my ideas which got used and got great traffic for the site that it hadn't seen in apparently a long while.

Never asked to be rewarded anything in that regard and I even asked a couple of times long before to help Mod, but I guess I am not cool enough to be in your guys little circle or whatever.

I was just happy to be around Castlevania fans and being able to promote my fan-game here.

I am going to have to meditate on this issue.

It may just be time for me to move on and leave the dungeon to become like 1up.com.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:04:24 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2015, 10:45:22 AM »
I apologize if I came off as if I were singling you out, darkmanx_429.

I react in this way whenever I see a lynchmob arising.

I also apologize if my actions and words appear rough. Be assured that this is due to heavy events happening in past years.

In those dark times, forum cliques were rampant, and even a few mods were part of those cliques.

It would only take one uppity forum member calling for a ban for people to rally behind that person, and force a decision from a Mod or two.

Because of this, the rule exists now.
It is a fundamental rule, and I take great care to enforce it by bringing it up whenever there is such an attempt.

Since I have not been paying close attention, I was not aware of others suggesting a ban prior, but from what I saw, it appeared as if you, darkmanx_429,  we're spearheading that campaign. If I'm wrong, supreme apologies.

My PERSONAL opinion about the DDOS attack has little to nothing to do with what the executive decisions of the forum regarding the user should be.

Within the confines of the forum, we the administration, have always discussed what to do about policy, members, rules, etc.

What I suggest people do outside of the forum has nothing to do with this, as I explained in an earlier reply.

As for taking your ball and going home stamping your feet, darkmanx_429, that is your decision.  But you're not tethered here and I will not go around making hasty decisions about forum policy due to one or a handful of forum members' desires.  It's just not going to happen.

You can suggest action from mods using a PM as mentioned in the rule. Public outcry and rallying for a decision is a good way to get it ignored. Go through the proper channels, please.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »
I apologize if I came off as if I were singling you out, darkmanx_429.

I react in this way whenever I see a lynchmob arising.

I also apologize if my actions and words appear rough. Be assured that this is due to heavy events happening in past years.

In those dark times, forum cliques were rampant, and even a few mods were part of those cliques.

It would only take one uppity forum member calling for a ban for people to rally behind that person, and force a decision from a Mod or two.

Because of this, the rule exists now.
It is a fundamental rule, and I take great care to enforce it by bringing it up whenever there is such an attempt.

Since I have not been paying close attention, I was not aware of others suggesting a ban prior, but from what I saw, it appeared as if you, darkmanx_429,  we're spearheading that campaign. If I'm wrong, supreme apologies.

My PERSONAL opinion about the DDOS attack has little to nothing to do with what the executive decisions of the forum regarding the user should be.

Within the confines of the forum, we the administration, have always discussed what to do about policy, members, rules, etc.

What I suggest people do outside of the forum has nothing to do with this, as I explained in an earlier reply.

As for taking your ball and going home stamping your feet, darkmanx_429, that is your decision.  But you're not tethered here and I will not go around making hasty decisions about forum policy due to one or a handful of forum members' desires.  It's just not going to happen.

You can suggest action from mods using a PM as mentioned in the rule. Public outcry and rallying for a decision is a good way to get it ignored. Go through the proper channels, please.

Well, I am not above accepting a apology Jorge, so I accept your apology.

Maybe I just need a break from the forum a while, alot of shenanigans been happening too frequently lately.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:07:39 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2015, 01:16:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0 Just seems like the right thing to say.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:18:30 PM by Johnny »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »
Update:
Ericard and theplottwist are talking via PM about the sprite problem.

It is my understanding, due to a PM Ericard sent me, that he will be removing the sprite from his game.
He also says that he has stopped attempting to get people to purchase his game since he got that warning from the CV Facebook Group guy.
Lastly, he hopes the attacks on him and his game please stop, now that he has complied.

I ask that everyone take a moment, relax, and allow any deliberations regarding this to happen between Ericard and theplottwist.

As mentioned before, the moderation team and I will discuss plagiarism issues upon my return.

I will leave this thread open for now, but I ask that any further comments be posted with the knowledge that there are talks happening.

If things start spiraling out of control, this thread may get locked. I ask for patience and for harmony While this all gets ironed out.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
+1
We have solved the issue (I believe).

Ericard complied in removing the sprite out of his own will, and messaged me multiple times. I required no evidence from him, as there would be no real way to know if this was done or not, since he could simply remove it temporarily to silently add it later. I'm going with my (small) faith in humanity and agreed to not say a negative word about him anymore.

However, I'm screencapturing this thread and saving the pages themselves in my computer. In case he slips on his word, as he did before, proof will start to fly all over the internet and shit will hit the fan because "please delete this thread" seems too much like a underhanded strategy to me. He's also aware of this, as I have told this through PM to him, too.

In MY HUMBLE OPINION, the thread could be locked instead of deleted. But whatever the admin decides, is decided.

Good luck on your project, Ericard. May you learn from your mistakes and something awesome can flourish out of this.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: theplottwist