Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Laughing and crying at the same time -- i.e., going crazy  (Read 2425 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Laughing and crying at the same time -- i.e., going crazy
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
I don't mean being sad and hearing a funny joke or watching a sad scene in a movie and then seeing something so cute or charming in the next scene that it makes your emotions topple.

I mean that point when your brain simply doesn't know how to react to certain stimuli and so decides to use whatever emotions it can come up with at the time. Kinda like seeing your comrade get shot and you start laughing (then ten seconds later go on a bloody rampage). Or getting shot in the arm and laughing maniacally instead of getting the hell out of there. Things like that, although maybe not so violent.

If you've never experienced this kind of emotional mayhem, read my blog (linked in my sig) and find the page that starts with "Bookmark this blog entry!" Scroll down to near the bottom of the post and look for my notes on the stairs in CV3. You will see why I am on the verge of having a mental breakdown.

Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Laughing and crying at the same time -- i.e., going crazy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
I've had my own share of this kind of situation. 2 to be exact. They both happened over 12 years ago. And both times I was feeling very depressed. I would start out feeling very enraged and depressed due to not being understood by anyone around me including my family. And maybe no more the several hours of this would go by and all of a sudden, this fit of inner giggling would start and I would try to suppress it. I even hit myself to make it stop. I really didn't know what was going on and I though maybe this is how a person goes lunatic. Yeah, emotions are a real mystery that is still mainly left unsolved.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
I regained my composure. Took a dump and ate another quarter of the 2-foot sub sandwich in my fridge. Now the post in my blog doesn't seem so crazy. It actually makes more sense once I took a break.

Part of me wants to actually go crazy. It might be fun. People don't bug you when you're crazy. Especially if you talk to yourself while looking mad or bloodlustful. >:D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »
I've had my own share of this kind of situation. 2 to be exact. They both happened over 12 years ago. And both times I was feeling very depressed. I would start out feeling very enraged and depressed due to not being understood by anyone around me including my family. And maybe no more the several hours of this would go by and all of a sudden, this fit of inner giggling would start and I would try to suppress it. I even hit myself to make it stop. I really didn't know what was going on and I though maybe this is how a person goes lunatic. Yeah, emotions are a real mystery that is still mainly left unsolved.
Im near that these days, being a depressive that doesnt have looked for medical help for almost 6 or 7 years and trying to supress that shit is turning to be more difficult these last days, seriously, I've even thought about make a topic about that to see if there are other peoples with these kind of difficulties in the forum, but thought that no ones gonna care and didnt make it.

It seems that I guessed wrong (or not lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
One of my former neighbors and daughter/granddaughter of some friends of my family (small world, i was trying to get into my grandma's friend's granddaughter's pants!) has been posting on FB about going to a psychiatrist these days. I knew she was a pothead and an alcoholic, but never knew she was clinically depressed. Although now that I think about it, I kinda worry if maybe her antidepressants shouldn't be taken with pot and alcohol.... But she says she's feeling a lot better these days, so oh well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
I've even thought about make a topic about that to see if there are other peoples with these kind of difficulties in the forum, but thought that no ones gonna care and didnt make it.

Believe me, when a topic like this comes up it's no laughing matter and Jorge will make sure it keeps to the tone it's set at. Despite how people here have the occasional squabble with one-another, when it comes to a person's health, well-being and/or personal problems (when they really need to talk about something that's bothering them) we're pretty much all in the same boat. So don't worry about who's going to decide to act like a jackass because that won't be tolerated in such topics like these. The Castlevania dungeon is more then just a local forum hangout. It's very much its own community.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
Believe me, when a topic like this comes up it's no laughing matter and Jorge will make sure it keeps to the tone it's set at. Despite how people here have the occasional squabble with one-another, when it comes to a person's health, well-being and/or personal problems (when they really need to talk about something that's bothering them) we're pretty much all in the same boat. So don't worry about who's going to decide to act like a jackass because that won't be tolerated in such topics like these. The Castlevania dungeon is more then just a local forum hangout. It's very much its own community.

Agreed. Fuentes is an awesome rad dude like that, he'll make sure there's respect going on. Me gusta.

Also, I'm currently taking muh schoolin' for a career as a clinical psychiatrist. So, ya know, discount for fellow dungeonites if anyone's interested once I'm all graduated & legally allowed to practice.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 10:15:18 PM »
So lets try to help each other here when needed.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything