Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fan Stuff / Castlevania fan script
« Last post by Kaneda on September 28, 2024, 10:27:35 AM »
With October just around the corner, I thought I'd share a little writing project I've been working on. I decided that I thought it would be fun to write a screenplay for a Castlevania movie. Something in the style of old Hammer horror, yet larger in scale. I took a lot of inspiration for my writing, ranging from the obvious (the game, Stoker, Universal/Hammer horror, Vampire Hunter D) to perhaps the less-than-obvious (Solomon Kane, Fist of the North Star).

Since this was only intended as an exercise to keep my writing skills sharp, I thought I'd share it with some fellow Castlevania fans. If you're someone who watched the Netflix series and was disappointed, I'm confident you'll find my take to be a much more enjoyable experience. If you're someone who loved the Netflix series, I'm equally confident that you'll find my interpretation to have its own merit.

You'll find it here as a PDF download.

Enjoy!
Fan Stuff / Re: CHRONICLES OF THE WOLF
« Last post by RichterB on September 26, 2024, 07:26:36 PM »
So I don't want to be "that guy," but I imagine the big release date announcement should be coming by the first week of October if we're getting it by Halloween... I know things happen, but I'm starting to wonder if it's been pushed to the holidays.
General Castlevania Discussion / A Little Rant
« Last post by GuyStarwind on September 26, 2024, 05:52:09 PM »
So, I've been replaying the DS games due to the recent re-release of them and while they are fun gameplay wise, I feel they do the Belmonts dirty. You might disagree and that's fine but to me the Castlevania series is the Belmont family's generational struggle against Count Dracula. They wield the ultimate evil destroying weapon, the Vampire Killer. However, the DS games kind of make them sideline characters. Even in Portrait of Ruin the Vampire Killer gets outshined by other various weapons. Like isn't this the ultimate undead and demon slaying tool? Didn't Leon Belmont sacrifice his fiancé soul to make it? Then why is the Alucard Spear or Final Sword a stronger weapon? Also why the "Belmonts can't touch the whip until 1999" rule? I know about the Demon Castle Wars, but it seems like a cheap excuse to bring in other characters. My issue really is that the heroes of the series don't feel like the heroes. To quote The Incredibles "When everyone is super, no one will be." What's the point if everyone else can do the same things?

Also, people might hate me, but I find the plot of Sorrow games to be super goofy. You might frown on this, but it's mostly from the added Japanese elements. Obviously the Castlevania series is a Japanese made series, but the story itself is European. I just find things like Alucard is working with Japanese government or Dracula was sealed because of the help of Japanese shrine to be silly. Castlevania has always been silly but this is too silly. I don't have issues with Dracula was killed in 1999 and he's trying to be reincarnated but again the Japanese elements are goofy. Finally, Julius mode in DoS is the real cannon ending.

Look I know some of these things are for gameplay reasons and that's fine but the Vampire Killer and Belmonts should still be like top dog spot.

Ok end rant.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / LUNAR Remastered Collection
« Last post by Highwind Dragoon on September 25, 2024, 07:05:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/uLpHIFSqa-E?si=ZMdBxr15ixYSetO7

FINALLY, they decided to remake Lunar 2 Eternal blue, and it took them almost a quarter of a century to do it to boot, as well.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: A sequel of Gal Guardian game
« Last post by PFG9000 on September 24, 2024, 07:02:54 PM »
Huh.  I never finished the first one.  It looked nice, but seemed boring.  Although the 2-player feature was entertaining.

The map shown in this trailer makes it look like a full Metroidvania.  If that's the case, I'll probably give it a shot.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: A sequel of Gal Guardian game
« Last post by zangetsu468 on September 24, 2024, 05:33:06 PM »
“Portrait of Ruin”
+ Little girls
- “Portait”
General Castlevania Discussion / A sequel of Gal Guardian game
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on September 24, 2024, 03:26:45 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xl420g0QaEo

Hope the second gal guardian game finally fixes the long-time problems with Inti Creates 2D action system starting with stop recycling enemy patterns from Azure Striker Gunvolt games.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Nocturne Season 2 Coming in January
« Last post by Eric Roman on September 22, 2024, 09:44:40 AM »
Enjoy, gang.  🥂
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Nocturne Season 2 Coming in January
« Last post by GuyStarwind on September 22, 2024, 08:32:26 AM »
You guys will have to tell me how it is. I stopped watching in season 3 of the other series.
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania Music and Sound Request & Showcase Thread
« Last post by Mikepjr on September 21, 2024, 02:23:00 PM »
Anyone know where i can get a midi for this tune?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFBVVcJ_me4
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10