Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Skinny Puppy  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: May 02, 2023, 09:35:31 AM »
yo, I just got to see my favorite band for the third time last night, and it's their final tour. Kinda sad, but Ogre's been accidentally hurting himself quite a bit this run (a prop hit his tooth and made it wiggly and bloody, so they managed to do one encore song and that was it), so I guess it's hard being a goth industrial superstar when you're in your 60s. Just glad I got to see them one more time. (2004, 2014, 2023)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »
Shit, people still listen to Skinny Puppy?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 12:20:36 AM »
When they like good music they do.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 08:11:53 PM »
I herd one of their albums. My wife had one and I added it to my greater music collection. It's...

*looks it up*

Tri-polar. Couple of decent songs on there, but not anything I'd go out of my way to chase down.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »
Like anything else when it comes to us humans music is relative to the listener. What one might like the other might not. Still, others might even have a neutral stance on it. I've not heard of, nor heard anything done by Skinny Puppy yet. Perhaps I should take a listen too when I get the chance just to hear what it's about.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 03:02:16 PM »
Tri-polar. Couple of decent songs on there, but not anything I'd go out of my way to chase down.

Never heard of it, thought it might be like one of those weird NIN bootlegs. Googled it and came up with Tri-Polar by Sick Puppies. Definitely not Skinny Puppy.

Skinny Puppy's an old daddy goth band from the '80s, currently on their 40th anniversary tour. Influenced a lot of industrial bands, being one of the original electro-industrial bands, but nobody cares unless you're into that shit, lol.

They're pretty cool though. Lots of horror movie samples, cryptic lyrics, humanitarian political stance, anti-vivisection and animal abuse (where the name stems from). Their live shows are very theatrical.

"Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M.)" off their VIVIsectVI album (vivisect 666, get it?) is my favorite song of theirs. Crunchy, mesmerizing; it's a head trip.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:01:35 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 07:30:07 PM »
Not all their stuff is abrasive and chaotically layered, by the way.

But then they also do sound collage freakouts and alien soundscapes, along with really atmospheric film score sounding music.

They've been my favorite band since I was 16 and I can't see that ever changing.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 07:11:33 PM »
Ah yeah, see. My dyslexic brain getting shit confused. Well then, I retract my remarks. ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 09:47:48 AM »
The tracks I've just heard in the about do sound a bit strange to me. Guess this type of music is not to my tastes. The one with the metallic spider album has that videogame instrumentation. I can see it being in a game -minus the vocals.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »
Freak, you've been pimping this band for 20+ years.  I've never listened to them, because they're not a genre I'm into.  But reading this thread takes me back to my college days...thanks for that.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 09:26:18 PM »
Glad I could help. A little nostalgia goes a long way.

Turns out Ogre, the frontman had four front teeth pulled after that show in Minneapolis as a result of the mishap that took place. Something about a big metal soup spoon that they used as a prop, and the stage assistant yanking it out of Ogre's mouth too quickly (he was feeding Ogre his alien brains), loosening all those teeth. Ouch.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:28:45 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 09:52:27 AM »
LOL! The things people will do to entertain  :o

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 05:33:46 PM »
Skinny Puppy is my brother's favorite band. He's 39 now, I remember him playing their music back when we were teens. He's big into industrial.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 01:59:22 PM »
Your bro gets a thumbs up then. 👍
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2023, 04:03:36 PM »
Groovy
"Stuff and things."

Tags: