Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry - Continuity Screwups :D (contains spoilers)  (Read 10576 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Devil May Cry - Story Screwups :D (contains spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
It changes in DMC4 too. I can't remember DMC2, but I think his demon form just changes. Like how Dracula has a different second form every game.

Yea.

and in DMC4 and DMC2 he has a desperation DT that makes him turn into a even more badass demon. I remember the one in DM2 made him turn into this huge badass demon who could whipe the floor with the demons in a matter of seconds.

I used to get myself hurt on purpose just so my health would get low enough so I could use it lol.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »
Dante dyed his hair because he received word from Capcom executives they wanted to make a live action film and was told to dress like a gangsta. Because they want to make a gangsta film. With demons. And they thought it would be cool if they called it Devil May Cry, because hey brand recognition.

That's my story theory at least.       

Gangster? Don't you mean emo wanna be?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »
The demon form changes, yes, they can be taken into account about screwups. But so can his hair, which changes from naturally straight to naturally wavy (straight in DMC2/3, wavy in DMC1/4). Or in the case of DmC, "emo wannabe". ^.^
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »
Dante dyed his hair because he received word from Capcom executives they wanted to make a live action film and was told to dress like a gangsta. Because they want to make a gangsta film. With demons. And they thought it would be cool if they called it Devil May Cry, because hey brand recognition.

That's my story theory at least.       

lol but it certainly would be difficult to pull off the white hair on a live action without looking kinda weird and I don't think any actor would be very willing to bleach their hair white so the wig it's a must and it won't help making it look less awkward.

I think for a live action it's more plausible to see Dante with his hair in a more normal color spectrum. Or just hire an albino for the part.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »
lol but it certainly would be difficult to pull off the white hair on a live action without looking kinda weird and I don't think any actor would be very willing to bleach their hair white so the wig it's a must and it won't help making it look less awkward.

I think for a live action it's more plausible to see Dante with his hair in a more normal color spectrum. Or just hire an albino for the part.

Reuben Langdon, Dante's VA/MC for DMC3 and 4, actually has pictures of himself dressed as Dante, complete with the silver hair. Looks quite well in my opinion. See below

I also changed the topic name to make our discussion more accurate. ^.^

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Devil May Cry - Continuity Screwups :D (contains spoilers)
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
And what happened to Trish?I didn't see her in the DMC2 story mode.
Only as a secret playable caracter.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
I love how so many voice actors are also motion capture actors/stunt men.
So bad ass...

Oops, Reuben's pic as Dante is probably the best you can take that design in live action.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
Yes, Devil May Cry is one of my favorite game franchises of all time. This can be taken as bashing, but honestly, I'm only making this cuz DPAlucard told me to. ^.^ And may as well point them out.

It was originally supposed to be off the top of my head, but I winded up coming up with, like, 1 point, so I researched some of the rest again (I even included non-canon points and non-released game points, just for the hell of it):

Considering this entire thing contains spoilers...
(click to show/hide)

This is all I typed out from using what I thought off the top of my head and using iMDb. There are more, but I can't really think of everything at the moment. Excuse what I said before, I didn't mean more screwups than Castlevania, I commonly exaggerate things. Sorry if that screwed this whole thing up. ^.^

NOTE: I only used memory and iMDb. There  are much more out there.

If you have any others to share, feel free to post it. I'll update as I remember/find more.

Silly girl everyone knows Vergil boned the housekeeper.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
Here is a video of the DT I was refering to earlier from DMC2.
Devil May Cry Secret Devil Trigger Ultimate Power Part 1

Since Dante only has a Desperation DT in DMC4 and DMC2 (both involves a much older Dante) I think that Dante's Devil Trigger evolves as he gets older and stronger which is why his Devil Trigger always looks different in every game.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »
Silly girl everyone knows Vergil boned the housekeeper.

I am not a girl. D:

Here is a video of the DT I was refering to earlier from DMC2.

Since Dante only has a Desperation DT in DMC4 and DMC2 (both involves a much older Dante) I think that Dante's Devil Trigger evolves as he gets older and stronger which is why his Devil Trigger always looks different in every game.

Yeah, that's one of the things I loved so much about DMC2. Unlike a lot of people, I actually love that game a lot. It also has the 2nd best OST in the series (1st being DMC1). I didn't like that DMC3 and 4 went all vocal with a lot of the songs, granted Devils Never Cry and Shall Never Surrender were some pretty boss tracks. (And DMC4 wasn't as vocal with the songs as 3)

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »
I am not a girl. D:

Yeah, that's one of the things I loved so much about DMC2. Unlike a lot of people, I actually love that game a lot. It also has the 2nd best OST in the series (1st being DMC1). I didn't like that DMC3 and 4 went all vocal with a lot of the songs, granted Devils Never Cry and Shall Never Surrender were some pretty boss tracks. (And DMC4 wasn't as vocal with the songs as 3)

Oh sorry please replace that with the phrase "Cmon dude!"

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »
Oh sorry please replace that with the phrase "Cmon dude!"

'S no biggie, it's kinda misleading with my sig and avatar. :P

Tags:

anything