Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Zelda : Breath of the Wild at E3  (Read 10702 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 08:18:35 AM »
If this game's got SS's combat system then I hope to god that it's been better refined. My bro loves playing the Zelda series and has finished all the aforementioned 3D ones that I could not be bothered to get through. However he gave up on SS because of the combat system alone. He wasn't able to get in a single hit on Ghirahim due to the over excessive blocking he does. Even I had trouble. After more then half an hour of nothing he shut the game off. He's never done that before with a Zelda game. And apparently this was a major complaint against the game as he looked online for tips to beat Ghirahim. Hopefully Shigeru Miyamoto got the message and will not repeat his mistake.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
If this game's got SS's combat system then I hope to god that it's been better refined. My bro loves playing the Zelda series and has finished all the aforementioned 3D ones that I could not be bothered to get through. However he gave up on SS because of the combat system alone. He wasn't able to get in a single hit on Ghirahim due to the over excessive blocking he does. Even I had trouble. After more then half an hour of nothing he shut the game off. He's never done that before with a Zelda game. And apparently this was a major complaint against the game as he looked online for tips to beat Ghirahim. Hopefully Shigeru Miyamoto got the message and will not repeat his mistake.

For what it's worth, Miyamoto has nothing to do with this Zelda game.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 10:15:56 AM »
Sorry X, not to be offensive but I'm calling you out on that. The first Girahim encounter is the most difficult for a few reasons. Firstly if you've never played the game before it takes getting used to, second you have the least amount of hearts and finally the blocks are there so the player has to attack a certain way to counter, it's not a block that you can't punish. If you attack right you create chain attacks and kill him in no time. As the player progresses through the game the encounters get easier due to more hearts, more mastery and the fact the player improves.

While I've heard about technical issues due to certain wiimote plus controllers I've never read complaints pertaining specifically to Girahim, not that I'm claiming they're non existent. I've known people who claimed the wmplus wasn't that great but they still managed to finish the game without too many issues.

I'm curious as to how long you both played for, you mention you tried as well and it was after 30 minutes. My memory is vague about the timeframe but I would say the fight itself took around 15 and probably took me a few goes to suss out what to do. I may have spent an hour fighting this boss and in my opinion it was a big part of the learning curve that set up the rest of the game. That's my two cents.

If they don't include specifically wmplus controls so be it, but enemies better have techniques and methods to guard against regular attacks.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 06:35:47 AM »
Problem with Wii controls is that if not 100% set up properly (though it'll help if it had some sort of setup program that measures accuracy in detail) there will be read problems.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 06:42:56 AM »
Problem with Wii controls is that if not 100% set up properly (though it'll help if it had some sort of setup program that measures accuracy in detail) there will be read problems.

Exactly right.
Half the time the sensitivity is not set properly, which is also relative to how far away the wiimote is from the sensor bar. Setting it too high or too low can eff up the gameplay or make it feel unresponsive. Other devices can also cause interference though in my experience they're few and far between.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »
I do have the wiimote plus so I was all good on that end.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: