Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA  (Read 72616 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2023, 07:41:49 AM »
Rachel Van Helsing, great grandaughter of Abraham Van Helsing. She usually uses a crossbow, but she was using a regular bow during that issue.
[/quote

Very cool! I'm not super familiar with Marvels version of monsters but I saw that Werewolf by Night movie and it was surprisingly good. It would be cool to see a live action marvel Dracula too!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2023, 08:42:22 AM »
It would be cool to see a live action marvel Dracula too!

Maybe back in the day before Marvel went WOKE. But not right now. I wouldn't trust them to produce anything solid and worthy of the title Dracula.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »
Very cool! I'm not super familiar with Marvels version of monsters but I saw that Werewolf by Night movie and it was surprisingly good. It would be cool to see a live action marvel Dracula too!

I saw that movie too. The only Werewolf by Night I have read are the two crossover issues with Dracula, where we get to see Dracula vs the Werewolf. I am interested to delve into WbN at some point, but right now I'm focused on ToD.

I haven't heard anything about Marvel bringing Dracula back, but at least we have Renfield and another Nosferatu remake on the way!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
Maybe back in the day before Marvel went WOKE. But not right now. I wouldn't trust them to produce anything solid and worthy of the title Dracula.

I've seen comments around the internet of people claiming Wallachia is woke because it has a female protagonist. This term woke means nothing to me I think it's been mostly made up to make people needlessly angry. A lot of current marvel movies haven't been that great, but the werewolf movie is cool. I think they've just lost the charisma of the original avengers cast and they're struggling to find their footing still.

I saw that movie too. The only Werewolf by Night I have read are the two crossover issues with Dracula, where we get to see Dracula vs the Werewolf. I am interested to delve into WbN at some point, but right now I'm focused on ToD.

I haven't heard anything about Marvel bringing Dracula back, but at least we have Renfield and another Nosferatu remake on the way!

Dude, I've been following Robert Eggers knowing he was planning to make this movie for a very long time. I am beyond stoked for the nosferatu remake! Bill Skarsgard as the vampire is going to be incredible!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2023, 08:57:30 AM »
This term woke means nothing to me I think it's been mostly made up to make people needlessly angry.

If only it were the case. IF ONLY. Unfortunately it isn't. Not only does it make me angry as well but it is also a very real problem. Europe apparently has the worst of it from what I hear. Australia is also a bit of a mess due to it as well. What started out as a simple movement has since been purposely hijacked by neo-feminists (we all know by now that they are feminazis) and blown way out of proportion. They've also hijacked the homosexual pride movement as well so now that's also under the woke umbrella. Though they are a minority they used the internet (surprise!) to make themselves seem much larger then they actually are. It has become the bane of society.

I've seen comments around the internet of people claiming Wallachia is woke because it has a female protagonist.

There are some people out there that cannot tell what is woke and what isn't. This was also intentional if I'm not mistaken as we are currently going through what I've been calling 'the age of confusion'. I personally never saw Wallachia as a woke game. At all. I also have a great interest in female protagonists and almost all the time when I roleplay table-top RPGs and the like, I'm usually making a female character. Heck, my multiple playthroughs of the Elderscrolls games are me making female characters to use. However, that all being said, a woke female protagonist differs greatly then a well-written female protagonist. The key to recognizing the difference is in the writing. Woke writers do NOT know how to write stories or characters properly. And this is completely evident in both TV and in movies as they've infiltrated Hollywood and other forms of media. Disney studios, Marvel, DC, etc. have woke writers printing out their personal propaganda to push their agenda. And even more saddening is that it has also infiltrated the videogame market as well. Borderlands 3 is just one example of a woke game. All we can do (besides protest against it) is not buy their products which, in turn, will make them lose money and force them to take a good look at what is going wrong. I do believe DC Warner Bros is going through a restructuring right now because they've been cranking out garbage for the last few years, and thus are taking notice that something within their own studio is not working. I just wish that it happened much sooner or, better yet!, not at all. If you don't believe me that fine. I don't expect anyone to (free Will and all that). But I won't lie to anyone about something that's been going on for almost a decade now...or perhaps even longer.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:41:18 PM by X »
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2023, 10:37:05 AM »
You sound unhinged.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2023, 08:34:51 PM »
Describes inherent issues with ‘Wokeism’

I interpret ‘woke’ as confusion culture to the point where different people speaking the same universal language are not inherently understanding one another.. It almost sounds like the Tower of Babel story..

Tbh, the dungeon used to be a good place to ‘Ave-a-rant-mate, but in certain instances according to my experience, it’s no better than the ‘wokeists’ now.

Cancel Culture Vultures are real, stay safe and wear META PPE peops.. #karmasmyarmour
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2023, 02:42:02 PM »
I don't know what it's supposed to mean, but if being anti-woke  means going on Twitter and complaining about an extremely talented young black woman playing The Little Mermaid or complaining about a gay couple in The Last of Us or complaining about a beautiful plus sized model on the cover of sports illustrated, then I think those people who identify as anti-woke need therapy.

If this was just a matter of complaining about bad writing in media I don't think anyone would disagree. No one likes bad writing. But apparently some feel the need to assign a special term for bad writing when it involves minorities. Interesting how that works.

It's a shiny object designed to distract people from actual issues that matter imo.

The craziest thing I saw said about Wallachia was that it's Muslim propaganda... This person also needed a therapist.

That's all I'm going to say about "woke". I didn't want to engage any further but I felt a piece of my soul start to die as I stayed silent.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2023, 11:36:58 PM »
complaining about a beautiful plus sized model on the cover of sports illustrated, then I think those people who identify as anti-woke need therapy.

When’s the album dropping, specifically interested in the anti-ironic Jordan Peterson diss track? ????

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2023, 08:18:33 AM »
It pains me to see what me posting a picture of a panel from Tomb of Dracula devolved into.

X, you're one of my biggest sources of encouragement, and I've always appreciated that, but there was absolutely zero reason for you to bring up "anti-woke" politics. My post had absolutely nothing to do with politics. We also don't need a long overview of these ideas, I've been paying close attention since 2014 when the gamer gate kids started spouting this stuff, and none of it ever held any substance or legitimacy, all it does is divide communities, encourages hate, and creates conflict.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »
VladOfWallachia@

Then I apologize for this getting out of hand as this was not the thread to do-so. People could have simply overlooked what I had stated but chose not to. I'm guilty of bringing it up, yes, absolutely. But I cannot speak for anyone else. That, I'll leave up to them.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2023, 03:40:42 PM »
It pains me to see what me posting a picture of a panel from Tomb of Dracula devolved into.

X, you're one of my biggest sources of encouragement, and I've always appreciated that, but there was absolutely zero reason for you to bring up "anti-woke" politics. My post had absolutely nothing to do with politics. We also don't need a long overview of these ideas, I've been paying close attention since 2014 when the gamer gate kids started spouting this stuff, and none of it ever held any substance or legitimacy, all it does is divide communities, encourages hate, and creates conflict.

Well said. Thank you.

When’s the album dropping, specifically interested in the anti-ironic Jordan Peterson diss track? ????

As much as I would love to write this song, I'm afraid I don't have time. I'm composing a massive OST for a video game while simultaneously being a union carpenter and a dad/husband. That leaves no time for diss tracks. But when I'm finished with the video game ost, I'd be happy to do it for a commission.

I'm gonna ghost on outta here to avoid distractions now. The struggle is real and I live on caffeine and 3 1/2 hours sleep a night. ✌️peace

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2023, 03:39:07 PM »

I'm gonna ghost on outta here to avoid distractions now. The struggle is real and I live on caffeine and 3 1/2 hours sleep a night. ✌️peace

You ain’t the only one.
3.5 = a good night
Caffeine = God given
“For everything else, there’s WallachiaCard..”

Ty I’ll be here all night ???? ???? ????

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:55 PM »
The official soundtrack for Wallachia: Reign of Dracula is now available for streaming on Spotify!

https://open.spotify.com/album/58wl4HF1PJAo92acNoATot?si=RimZjhi8SiGPgYOJ287naA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A58wl4HF1PJAo92acNoATot

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2023, 03:36:18 PM »
My condolences for the Culture War breaking out along this thread; seems someone forgot all about the Shanoa and Bloodstained games. :/

That aside, cheers on the release!

Tags: