Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Castlevania has been released!  (Read 22222 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Hardcore Gaming 101 Presents: Castlevania has been released!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42:57 AM »
I got mine yesterday.  I can see it becoming my favorite game book.  I'm glad Kurt checked over and edited/updated the articles before printing them.  I thought at first that it would just be a printed form of everything at the Dungeon, which I still would have been happy with.  But it's good to see it's mostly new material.

Nice job, Kurt.  I'm sure it took tons of hours to perfect.  I hope it sells well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 11:46:19 AM »
I got mine yesterday, but da poast office is closed till tmrw. Gotta wait till then to pick it up...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
I wonder if this book has a solid grasp on sales numbers I've always been interested in that.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
So I got this last night, and it basically is like a flashback to the past 10-11ish years I spent perusing the Castlevania Dungeon, reading articles and reviews and anything new that was posted, going through everything from the regional differences to the soundtracks to the FAQs and walkthroughs and all the hidden secrets and gems as they were discovered. Just a bunch of nostalgic feelings of first starting out here and going through the past decade+ of the series that I started when I was a wee lass.

Well played, Kurt....you goddamn bastard.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:51:50 PM by Sindra »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 11:08:07 AM »
Disco Kurt-sama!!!! Look what came in today!!!

Sorry for the blurry picture, but I got your book! :D :D It's really good, and I like how you thanked our Jorge for all the work on the CV Dungeon. I also got a copy of the Mammoth Book of New Horror so amazon.com would give me free shipping XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
Arg I want this but I'm so broke it's incredible. I might have to wait for Christmas or something

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »
What would be the recommended channels to obtain a better print?  I'd hate for such a good book to rack up a bunch of complaints on amazon or however it works.  I think I'll get the crisp PDF version too anyway since it's just a few bucks.

Edit: Well it's been weeks now so it's too late now and I'm just sticking with my copy.  The print's good enough and it's an awesome book.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:02:30 PM by EisaKrieger »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:15 AM »
I'm still waiting for this book to arrive. It's been 11 days since I ordered it :( To think it would take so long for a package to go from UK -> Sweden... I've ordered games from friggin Japan that has arrived MUCH earlier. Well, this was my rant of the day. I want the book NAOW! And then I'm gonna order that Sega Arcade book too, I think. Hopefully it'll arrive before the sun explodes in a couple of million years...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 06:09:02 AM »
I'm still waiting for this book to arrive. It's been 11 days since I ordered it :( To think it would take so long for a package to go from UK -> Sweden... I've ordered games from friggin Japan that has arrived MUCH earlier. Well, this was my rant of the day. I want the book NAOW! And then I'm gonna order that Sega Arcade book too, I think. Hopefully it'll arrive before the sun explodes in a couple of million years...
I ordered mine a week ago too, and I'll have to wait more than 10 more days to get mine. International shipping ftw.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
I ordered and received mine. Took about 9 days. No printing errors that I can see. The book is very good; Castlevania deserves a tome like this.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
Still no book. Tracking code says it's in Denmark. Dunno why. It is now 16 or 17 days since I ordered. Will not buy anything from Amazon ever again.

(Still looking forward to the book though!)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:11 AM »
You can complain to amazon and they might send you another book on expedited int'l shipping without additional cost.
It worked for amazon japan for my classmate several years ago. I dunno if it will still work now.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
It's been over a month now since I ordered and still no book. What a joke. I have contacted amazon to see what the flying f*ck they're doing. I should get some kind of compensation for this utter failure on their part. Maybe a lifetime supply of..well, everything:D

If I don't get it in time for Halloween I shall be furious.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 12:25:45 AM »
Wow, you sat still for a month without contacting them? That's what i call amazing patience, you should get an award for that.
Tell us when the book arrives.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »
I'm not really patient, just confused and also hates to confront people and companies when they're pissing me off. But I'm slowly getting better at it. :)

So Amazon replied and said that the package has disappeared somewhere. Da fuq. They asked me if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I want dat book! So hopefully I won't have to wait another month, but I'm probably not gonna be reading this book for halloween as planned. :( Maybe it will be a xmas read instead lol. Hopefully xmas 2014....

Tags: