Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOL....Already glitched SoTn on psp  (Read 7182 times)

Offline XxRichter

• Awards
LOL....Already glitched SoTn on psp
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:20:12 PM »
So I just unlocked Symphony of the Night on Dracula X Chronicles. I went into the room with Death, realized that I was not ready to loose my armor yet and just dashed back out. When I went back in, Death was not there and I got to keep all my armor. I went back in a second time , Slogra and Gabion were in there. I hit them once and Gaibon carried Slogra away. Now I figured it was all part of the new stuff they added in. So, I stared a new game and walked right into that room and Death was there. He proceeded to take all my armor, with a few new lines of dialogue. I am trying to figure out a way to take pics and post them, any ideas?

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: LOL....Already glitched SoTn on psp
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
The slogra and Gabion part is old if I remember right.  They appear if you enter the room a second time, with or without the glitch

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »
I don't believe you were able to dash out of the room in the original, but you could skip the Death part and keep your equipment with the luck code.  Also, in the original after you see Death and he takes your stuff, you can just go back to that room any time after you enter the Alchemy Lab but before you enter the first boss fight, and Slogra and Gaibon will be there.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »
yeah Slogra and Gaibon have always been there after Death and before you fight em but I dont know about Gaibon flyin em off if you attack there.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »
If you defeat Slogra in the original, Gaibon carries him off.

I've been reading/hearing that the only new things included are playable/fightable Maria.  No new enemies, items, equipment or new level.  Those were apparently rumours/lies.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:43 AM »
l think they did added back the two japanese familars

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:10:51 AM »
I found a glitch in the reverse clock tower. Becareful hitting the gears in the 1st (room before the special door opens) the one near the top entrance gear has a bug, if you get hit by a yellow medus head a certain way you'll fall through the ground. When this happens you can't get out, so you'll have to reset. So it sucks :\

zachier

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 03:47:50 AM »
If you read his post thoroughly, the glitch isn't about the early fight against Slogra and Gaibon; rather, it's how he was able to avoid Death and keep all of his equipment.

That's pretty interesting. I gotta try that. =)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »
In Reply To #8

Yes we caught that part but since he said it theres not much else to be said about it so we commented on the slogra/gaibon thing which is in fact not a glitch.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »
In Reply To #7

Jestercolony: If the gear is near the top of the room, how can you fall through the ground? Do you fall all the way from the top of the room, to the bottom; then through the ground?

The wierd thing is, there is another room under that one, so you should just fall into that room--or maybe the 2 screens flashed back and forth rapidly???

Anyway, if you don't get caught in a screen flicker, you can regain control of Alucard after getting hit by equipping and un-equipping the axe lord armor.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Whatever you do, don't backdash back to the Master Librarian after you exit his menu.  ??? He made as if he was going to bring up the menu again, but it never came and we just stood there staring at each other. I couldn't move because the menu should have been there, and I had to reboot the PSP.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 12:04:25 AM »
If you read his post thoroughly, the glitch isn't about the early fight against Slogra and Gaibon; rather, it's how he was able to avoid Death and keep all of his equipment.

That's pretty interesting. I gotta try that. =)

True, he said it isn't a glitch, but he also said it was a new thing they added, which in fact was present in the original SOTN.  As for the Death glitch, it is was also present in the original SOTN, which I assume why we didn't commented on that too much.

SymboliC

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »

The new way to skip Death is actually very good news for some.

You don't even need Luck mode or getting big-tossed by a Warg to skip the cutscene, all you have to do is enter Death's room, then hold and press left immediately. That should remove the cutscene from the next room, its' that simple.

Meaning:

You can have a total badass Alucard with 80HP, stronger starting stats and the Alucard equipment, all in one.

Tags: