Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Remix  (Read 600558 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
+2
Randomly came across this one just now and I have to say this guy totally nailed it. Sorry no player embed for this but it is totally worth checking out the quality is amazing.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/555709
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28:01 PM »
+1
Been busy getting my first game ready for release, so this post is a little delayed but... I made a request for this from a game remix band I met at one of the expos I had a booth at. They are called Player One.

Crystal Teardrops
Castlevania - Crystal Teardrops Cover

Crystal Teardrops has always been one of my favorite tracks of the franchise, and their play style was really fit for it.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:59:41 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »
+1
Here are a couple of relevant links I thought some of you guys might find useful. There is everything from remixes to raw information about CV music here. If you want to find new remixes here you go and if you want to find more detailed information about some of the music it is also here. If you are remixing a track yourself there are MIDI files and line-out console to FLAC copies of the music as heard on the system. So if you happen to be new to any of this here is the starting point. If you are already familiar well here is some new stuff to check over.

Goat's Castle: http://castlegoat.blogspot.com/p/music_06.html
I am sure a lot of you already know who Goat is and some of what he does. A while back he moved to a new page on blogspot. He is currently working on a game that from what I can tell is an original title with inspiration by classic platformers like the original CV games on nes etc. He did a complete album that started as a tribute to CV3 and ended up encompassing all 3 original NES titles before it was completed. Obviously you can find this on his site. You can also find a few more CV tunes not from the album as well as tracks from a few other games like metroid. I will link to the page containing all music but the album for the CV series is called Unchosen Paths.

Dwelling of Duels: http://www.dwellingofduels.net/searchresult.php?search=castlevania
I bet a lot of you already know about this place as well. Dwelling of Duels holds monthly game remixing competitions with a specific theme or set of rules in mind. Every other month of so they do a "free month" allowing remixers to do whatever they want. The link I am providing takes you to a list of all castlevania tracks that have been submitted. You will notice goat was kicking ass with his Unchosen Paths tracks before the album had been released. Feel free to browse the past duels section for a month by month list. I also want to note that until the current competition is complete and tracks have been judged anything you download from that competition will be labeled "Anon" where the artist should be. Good examples are the tracks on the first page of this thread that still have Anon in the title for their youtube vid because the uploader had copies from before the competition was over.

Overclocked Remix (OCR, OCRemix): http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/remix/?qs_query=castlevania
Everyone should know this one but here it is for anyone that somehow missed it. This link will also take you to a complete list of all CV tunes on the site conveniently listed by game even. There are a few pages of tracks so don't forget to check them all :) Some of the remix classics were born right here.

Galbadia Hotel: http://gh.ffshrine.org/castlevania-music.php
This particular site is different. I am posting this one not for the purpose of remixes but for the purpose of remixing if that makes sense. This site happens to contain one of the largest collections of official OST albums, MIDI files, Line-out console to FLAC recordings and more. If there was something you just couldn't find or you needed something in perfect quality to reference from while mixing chances are it is here.

VGMdb: http://vgmdb.net/search?q=castlevania
This is more of a source of information. This link contains a lot of detailed information about known albums either official or fan made. The list is incomplete but contains the better portion of albums out. You will see everything from perfect selection to goat's unchosen paths here. This is just for gathering information mostly though don't forget.

Video Game Music Archive (VGMusic): http://www.vgmusic.com/
This particular site may be of limited use. You can find various MIDI files for the CV series here. Most of these are actually remixed midis though so unless you just love the sound of a midi or want to play around with a remixed midi file you may want to just skip over this one.

Minibosses: http://minibosses.com/
These guys have done some notable work and were also one of the first times I saw a CV tune played live outside of official performances. I believe there is a video on the site from an old comic book shop gig they did years ago worth checking out. There are also some CV tunes mixed in with some of the albums.

MegaDriver: http://www.megadriver.com.br/3.0/en/?act=search&page_id=4&q=castlevania
This guy has done some CV tracks and seems to be active as well so maybe we will see even more. Plus the guy plays a guitar made from a genesis and that just kicks ass.

Anyhow those are the major sources I have found so far if anyone else knows of more post them up I think it might help fill in some of the gaps when looking for CV music related material.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #681 on: December 10, 2013, 02:36:33 AM »
A bunch of excellent CV VRC6 mixes, packaged into a YT vid for your viewing pleasure.

Shimoine's VRC6 Collection Castlevania Series Medley

....and here's the second part. MOAR.

Shimoine's VRC6 Collection Castlevania Series Medley Part 2
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:27:59 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline 13th Street

• Hunter in Training
  • Mori, monstru!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #682 on: December 14, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #683 on: December 15, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
+1
Found this on YouTube after being directed to the author's other remixes:

NES CASTLEVANIA-III/悪魔城伝説 - trezire de spirit -
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline flaumi mcflaum

• I do it like Trevor, I PRAY +++
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #685 on: December 29, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm creating a new SCV Soundfont from scratch thats why it's been a while since I last released something.
This one was made with the old updated Soundfont.
To Create a new SCV Soundfont will keep me busy for the next couple of months.

Midi-File by Jorge D. Fuentes
Thanks! :)
I hope you like it.

SCV 4 Style - Ripe Seeds
SCV 4 Style - Ripe Seeds

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:05 AM »
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:35:24 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2014, 01:31:36 AM »
+2

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #688 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:45 AM »
+2
Castlevania Remix (Lords of Shadow Arrangement) "Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis"

And then I have to read dudes fanboying how the classics are unsuitabble to LoS style...
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #689 on: January 16, 2014, 02:28:05 AM »
Now that's a good remix! That's all MS had to do! Why couldn't we have gotten something like that??