Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - Omega Force's "brutal" Warriors game  (Read 22750 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - Omega Force's "brutal" Warriors game
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2016, 03:10:27 AM »
Unsure whether they can restore the violence and gore? Pass..
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2016, 04:14:46 AM »
Unsure whether they can restore the violence and gore? Pass..

Apparently it has to do with the graphical fidelity of the PS4 version, making the violence and gore too realistic, potentially resulting in the western version receiving an AO rating. They stated that it might be possible in the PS3 and Vita versions, due to their lower graphical fidelity, but as of right now they're unsure.

I'd say before writing off entirely to just wait and see what happens, but man, this game went from an 11 on the hype meter straight down to about a 6. 30 FPS only, no multiplayer, only eight playable characters, lack of modes...

EDIT: Femto gameplay teaser is out.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:30:03 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2016, 06:57:23 AM »
I know it's a ratings issue, always is in the west. But seriously? It's Berserk. I don't care if it's got an AO rating or whatever, it's supposed to because that's what it is. The problem with Australia for example is that I don't believe R18 rated games and upwards are allowed (I could be wrong on this but I've looked into legislation once before.) In which case, one would be better off buying a version from Asia and setting their ps4 to English (United States) so they can read the subtitles in English..

Too much effort tbh. My hype is dead, I'm not even going to bother.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
I know it's a ratings issue, always is in the west. But seriously? It's Berserk. I don't care if it's got an AO rating or whatever, it's supposed to because that's what it is. The problem with Australia for example is that I don't believe R18 rated games and upwards are allowed (I could be wrong on this but I've looked into legislation once before.) In which case, one would be better off buying a version from Asia and setting their ps4 to English (United States) so they can read the subtitles in English..

Too much effort tbh. My hype is dead, I'm not even going to bother.

Sony nor Microsoft allow AO-rated games on their consoles here in America. You may not care, but the company certainly does, as they would not be able to release it on any of the planned platforms with that rating.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2016, 11:32:26 PM »

Missed it when it was posted a few days ago, but here's the Wyald gameplay teaser!

Also, the following bits were confirmed in a Gematsu article (which I am too tired to go and find at this time):

Infinite Eclipse Mode: A mode where you battle endless waves of enemies, while various missions pop up for you to complete.

Behelit Collection: Collectibles that function similarly to Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors. Completing various tasks will award you with a behelit that will unlock pieces of an image, and upon collecting all of a set, you will be able to view a full image. Whether or not the images unlock more content (like stages/missions like in Hyrule Warriors) remains to be seen.

Unique NPCs Confirmed: Various screenshots and gameplay videos show characters such as Pippin, Isidro, Farnese, and Skull Knight during gameplay. Like the playable characters, these NPCs will also have a variety of outfits as the game progresses.

Equipment System: Accessories can be equipped to your character in order to increase your stats. These accessories can also be upgraded or fused together. Like Samurai Warriors 4, you can also choose a variety of consumable items to take with you into battle, and you can select your mount from various different horses. You can also choose up to three different sub-weapons to switch between.

Leveling System: The game uses a standard leveling system of gaining EXP to increase your level and stats, compared to most Musou games having items that drop that increase your base stats, or the weird stuff in the spin-offs. Stats are the Musou standard of HP/MP/ATK/DEF.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:55:25 PM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »

New trailer! Shows off a lot of new gameplay and story bits. Also confirms Behelit collecting does happen during the campaign and not just through the Infinite Eclipse mode like people initially thought.

Also, new Casca gameplay teaser, showcasing her pre-order costume.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:04:54 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
Berserk level of violence and gore would not get AO rating.   

even Friday the 13th The Game, the most graphically violent and gory game aside from MKX, is going to get a Mature rating.

AO would really be reserved for things that show uncensored nudity and sexual intercourse, things like that.  and maybe something like Manhunt.  but really, Fist of the North Star has people exploding in graphic bloody and gory ways,   Onechanbara Z2 Chaos has more gore than this. 

anyways, for their first Berserk game, its expected for it to be small.  Ken's Rage 1, Pirate Warriors 1, Warriors Orochi 1, are very bare bones compared to their sequels.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2016, 11:29:17 PM »
Berserk level of violence and gore would not get AO rating.   

even Friday the 13th The Game, the most graphically violent and gory game aside from MKX, is going to get a Mature rating.

It's not just the violence alone that would give it an AO rating. It's the mixture of the sexual themes, the violence and gore levels, and all the other mature themes Berserk carries. On their own it might not get that rating, but altogether can kinda push it.

but really, Fist of the North Star has people exploding in graphic bloody and gory ways,   Onechanbara Z2 Chaos has more gore than this.

Haven't played Z2 Chaos in a while so I don't remember the violence levels, but Ken's Rage isn't nearly as violent as everyone makes it seem. The people exploding in blood is actually tame, since it's just a particle effect of a blood splatter and their character model disappearing. You don't see any actual guts or body parts flying around. Just a splash of blood. On top of that, the enemies fade to black shortly before exploding, which lowers the amount of graphical violence.

The same goes for when using a Nanto character and cutting someone apart. They fade to black so all you see are black lines and a splash of blood. You don't actually see body parts flying around.

In trailers for this game alone, you see that Guts is actually cleaving enemies into multiple pieces. You can see in the gameplay videos that the monsters body parts are splitting and their limbs are flying around the screen, with blood flying every which way. This game isn't MKX level, no, but it's certainly way higher than anything Warriors has done before.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2016, 04:04:07 PM »
Violence aside, more characters doesn't make it a better game. I personally think Ken's Rage 2 didn't feel as good gameplay-wise as its predecessor.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2016, 06:45:53 PM »
Violence aside, more characters doesn't make it a better game. I personally think Ken's Rage 2 didn't feel as good gameplay-wise as its predecessor.

I never was saying add more characters simply for the sake of adding more characters. I feel like any time I bring this point up anywhere I talk about this game, people keep ignoring the point I'm trying to make and just focus on the "more characters" part.

The Musou games have extremely simplistic gameplay. And the reason that most people who play them can ignore the extreme simplicity if they don't like it is because there are tons of characters with different movesets that break up the monotony. Both Ken's Rage 1 and the original Hyrule Warriors (at launch) were received a bit negatively by a lot of the people who play these games regularly due to the small amount of characters these games had (though KR1 for more reasons than just the small roster since that game had a whole other plethora of problems).

As someone who plays these games for dozens of hours and owns almost all of them, to me, the gameplay in the trailers appears about as simple as the rest of the games. Couple the simple gameplay with the small roster, and it seems like the game might feel more repetitive than the others. That's why I said more characters would be nice, since it would help break up the monotony. And it's not like Berserk is in short supply of potential characters.

And this part here is more just me than anything, but it still bugs me that Wyald is fully playable yet Skull Knight is relegated to an NPC. He doesn't do much in the manga, no, but with what little he's done, there's a lot of moveset potential there.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2016, 03:23:59 AM »
I understand Claimh and I was taking your note about the small roster and actually addressing Ace's comment about the first game in these series generally having less characters. I've only played the demo's at the time but to me personally KR2 felt way more generic than KR1, there was something about the first that just felt more like the original anime movie/ series, particularly during the fight with Jagi.

I do understand the points made about the relatively small roster and it sucks that Skull Knight won't be playable, specifically meaning the player won't be fighting with Zodd and then busting into the eclipse. Oh well, hopefully in the next game if there is one.

Edit: Affinity's comment not "Ace"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:45:00 PM by zangetsu468 »

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »
I understand Claimh and I was taking your nite about the small roster and actually addressing Ace's comment about the first game in these series generally having less characters. I've only played the demo's at the time but to me personally KR2 felt way more generic than KR1, there was something about the first that just felt more like the original anime movie/ series, particularly during the fight with Jagi.

I do understand the points made about the relatively small roster and it sucks that Skull Knight won't be playable, specifically meaning the player won't be fighting with Zodd and then busting into the eclipse. Oh well, hopefully in the next game if there is one.

It's no worries. And now that I look back at my post, it came across as sort of angry and it really wasn't meant to. My bad. It's more or less that I've talked about this before, especially on GameFAQs, and most people seem to ignore the points I'm making and homing in on the words "more characters".

In other news, Koei Tecmo Europe confirmed on Instagram that Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (man, I hate that name) will be playable at the MCM ComicCon in London. I dunno if anyone here lives around there but they'll be able to check it out. As for the rest of us, at least English videos will finally be surfacing online. Our first look at the western version of the game. Here's hoping for an increased violence/gore level and (pleeeeeeeease) an English dub.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:36 AM »
I hope Marc Diraison and friends are back ;o o;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:36 AM »
It's all good Claimh, nothing angry taken from your post :)

I hope this game does Berserk justice.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2016, 10:52:55 PM »
DLC costumes have been shown off. So far, what I can see is Guts in his assassin attire, Casca in her winter attire, and Casca wearing Guts' shirt.

EDIT: Larger image of DLC in the attachments. Also a second image which shows Schierke receiving two new costumes, as well as a Berserker Armor horse. Also, guest starring mounts are Dynasty Warriors' Red Hare and Samurai Warriors' Matsukaze.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:02:21 PM by Claimh Solais »

Tags:

anything