Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Fan-Games Sub Tread?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: December 10, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
Mods,

With so many current and upcoming Castlevania Fan Games on the Dungeon can we merge all of them into 1 sub thread (as we did the contests?)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »
What he said.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »
Are there even enough to bother? A few started at the same time but give it a few months and they'll mostly be dead and gone dropping down the pages.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »
^what he said.

Sure it may 'seem' like a lot... but why have an entire sub-forum where the threads will be basically five-ten at most?
I'm not sure I'm down with encapsulating everything.  Fan Stuff has all 'fan stuff' in it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
Boobs. ( @  Y  @ )
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
QUICK EVERYONE POST A FANGAME THREAD

SO JORGE'S FATE IS SEALED, HE HAS NO CHOICE

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:03:50 AM »
+1
Jorge hath spoken. It is the law.
Hyuk hyuk hyuk.  ;D

Yeah, and i agree with uzo. Fan games are like fan fictions, most do not see the light of completion.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 08:01:24 AM »
QUICK EVERYONE POST A FANGAME THREAD

SO JORGE'S FATE IS SEALED, HE HAS NO CHOICE

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:12:15 AM »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »
You guys suck... ;D

^what he said.

Sure it may 'seem' like a lot... but why have an entire sub-forum where the threads will be basically five-ten at most?
I'm not sure I'm down with encapsulating everything.  Fan Stuff has all 'fan stuff' in it.

5-10 fan-games seems like a awful lot to of pages to sift through. Why not have just one place where they all are listed so we can find them easier?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:15:17 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
For easier searching, there's always the search button.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »
Even easier if you tag your threads, people.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
Why not make a specific tagged thread in the Fan Stuff section. Nobody needs to make replies there, just fill it with fan games. A place-holder for finished and cancelled works. You won't have to make a whole new section either.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
That's a better idea, sure.  The same way we have a "Castlevania Remix" and "Castlevania Fan Art" Thread, you guys can make a "Castlevania Fan Games - Updated Often!" thread, which has links to other thread or outside-links to said Fan Games. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: