Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Christmas Presents  (Read 5861 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »
This is a place for everybody to share their presents they got. :)

My christmas presents: A Playstation 4 controller for my PC from Mom and Dad. Some good headphones from Santa Clause. A 100$ gift card for Micheal's from Santa. I also got alot of Japanese books from my Grandpa Chris and Grandma Colleen. I'm very happy with my presents.

(click to show/hide)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
Sweet! Here's what I got:
-a $30 Gift Card from my sister.
-a Computer Chair from my mom to replace my old rickety one.  I'll be using this every day, basically. :P
-a dress shirt/tie from mom again.
-some black running shoes from mom again.
-some toiletries/bath things from my uncle (antiperspirant, shaving cream, body wash, etc.)
-some cologne & stuff from my other sister.
-a shirt from my sister (she got the size wrong so I have to exchange it, but it's a nice shirt)

-there is a gift coming in the mail from someone, but it did not arrive on time so I don't know what it is, yet.

So...many...gifts... can't...hold 'em...
(click to show/hide)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
+2
Nice pics you guys  ;D

I didn't get a whole lot for christmas, but that's only due to the fact that my birthday is three days after, on the 28th. The one present that stands out the most is this one I got for Lego;

Now all that's missing is a Belmont  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
I'm not into Legos, but holy balls that looks cool.

My girlfriend got me some cool prezzies. Like, a lot. I told her she didn't have to but she said she wanted to spoil me. I accepted.

She got me the Tales from the Crypt EC Archives Vol. 4:
(click to show/hide)

a Tarman figure from Return of the Living Dead:
(click to show/hide)

and some cool shirts:
(click to show/hide)

That gal knows me. Spoiler tags used for how spoiled I am.

My sister made me a cool tree ornament which I unfortunately don't have a picture of right now, and my parents gave me the usual money gift which so far I've used to get Stephen Thrower's Nightmare USA, which is said to be one of the best, most comprehensive books on the subject of American horror exploitation movies and has been out of print and expensive for a long time, but finally got a fourth hardcover reprinting and was thankfully available for purchase on Amazon. (Importing from the publisher would have been way more expensive due to shipping and currency exchange rate.)
(click to show/hide)

So yeah, a buncha cool-ass stuff. I also bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Wii U which is pretty dern fun. Less Simon's Quest like the impression the first game gave me (from the little I played) and more Monster World IV.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
Quote from: Abnormal Freak
Tales from the Crypt
Quote from: Abnormal Freak
Tarman figure

Your girlfriend's fucking awesome.

Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes
So...many...gifts... can't...hold 'em...

Why does that pic look familiar... ;)

Well, I haven't got quite the holiday swag you peeps got, but I'm more than glad with my gift haul.
-Cologne/deo/bath set from the aunts (always down for these, though I think they're trying to tell me something)
-A surprising number of scratch tickets, oddly (with the payout being moar tickets)
-A pair of good black Skullcandys (I'd just bought new headphones, coincidentally, but hey, Skullcandy's a damn good brand)
-Various clothes (including a new paddy cap, fuck yeah!)

And finally, this beautiful sumbitch here:
(click to show/hide)

Finally have a reason to go vinyl shopping again.  ;D

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
I keep thinking I'd like to get a good turntable and amp but am concerned about how expensive it would be to acquire the records I want. I'd stick mostly to industrial music, but a lot of my favorite albums have been out of print on vinyl for decades and are pretty sought after.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »
Nice pics you guys  ;D

I didn't get a whole lot for christmas, but that's only due to the fact that my birthday is three days after, on the 28th. The one present that stands out the most is this one I got for Lego;

Now all that's missing is a Belmont  :)

Sweet! I gotta get me one of those.

-So far I got my one xmas wish from my mom... a bunch of new underwear! (No. Seriously I needed new underwear.)
-With my earnings from my Santa Clause gigs I got myself a bunch of eShop games for my WiiU. So much so that I had to delete a bunch of demos and even some apps.
-I also ordered some new hardware for my PC and my WiiU. The first of which arrived today; a usb harddrive adapter so I could add my 7th HDD to my dinosaur of a machine. I also ordered a powered USB hub and a 2.5 inch harddrive case for the WiiU but they haven't arrived yet.
-My friend who got me the Santa Clause gigs also gave me a giftcard and a free movie ticket. Those will come in handy.
-That's pretty much it, but I haven't seen most of my other friends since before the holiday so I'll have to see what happens.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »
I keep thinking I'd like to get a good turntable and amp but am concerned about how expensive it would be to acquire the records I want. I'd stick mostly to industrial music, but a lot of my favorite albums have been out of print on vinyl for decades and are pretty sought after.

The hunt is half the fun. :D

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »
My girlfriend called me a f** when she found out I liked Hello Kitty.
She gave me a Hello Kitty PEZ dispenser and coffee mugs.  :D

Steel Diver from my brother (he's on a budget).

Almond Roca from my parents.

Another slow cooker from my mom (I returned it, she got me one two years ago also).

A couple sci-fi books from my stepdad.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
-I got a bunch of long sleeved shirts from my aunts and uncles. Argh... I can't wear them in this hot country. Oh well, they'll serve a purpose as vacation clothes in winter/spring Japan.
-Some cash and toiletries.
-The best one I got was from my mom. McFarlane's Assassin's Creed Series 3 Arno, Altair and Ezio.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 10:31:59 PM »
My girlfriend called me a f** when she found out I liked Hello Kitty.

Would she change her tune if she saw a Hello Kitty in storm Trooper armor shirt? my sis's got that one, lol.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 10:59:36 PM »
I want that Lego!  I'm gonna have to go find one!

I got:
- Some cash
- Gamestop gift card
- A LoZ coffee mug (the original LoZ on NES.  The mug has the A and B boxes from the game, and a life bar that changes color with the heat of the coffee)
- A Tin Man/Heart coffee mug (because of the transplant I had...many in my family are calling me "Tin Man" now)
- A ton of Bill Cosby's comedy CDs and DVDs (I have his first I think...where he does the bits about drugs and dentists and childbirth...I quote it all the time, so the family gave me more of his collection)
- An LoZ puzzle (I think it's an OoT map made to look all "old-timey")
- A WiiU pro controller
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Pretty awesome stuff!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 12:33:28 AM »
Bought my own gifts, all PS2 Japanese imports:

King of Fighters 02
King of Fighters 03
King of Fighters Nests

Gee I wonder if I have King of Fighter-itis lately. This will just about finish the yearly set for me, all I need is 12, which I have no interest in. Also don't have the PS1 or Saturn (95 is offlimits as I'm not cart swapping to ruin my Saturn's cart slot, it's a US one), the GB/GBA ones, and 02 Unlimited Match Tougeki version PS2 (lol $150 for it, one day I'll break down and buy it). Nothing's in yet as I ordered one day prior to Christmas Eve, but according to my tracking numbers, and the USPS site, everything should arrive today (Saturday).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:37:01 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »

Dude, my birthday is on the 28th! My relatives make sure the presents don't mix.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »
Dude, my birthday is on the 28th! My relatives make sure the presents don't mix.

LOL! Well you're the second person whom I know of that share's the same birth-date. The other is a woman at the bookstore where I work at. Came as a shock to her as well!

Tags: