Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does the series need another IGA?  (Read 15139 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
Time travel has always intrigued me, so has the fact that Castlevania Resurrection would have had Victor and Sonia who were from different eras come together.

According to what I've gather up about the backstory of CV: Resurrection, victor Belmont was the only one to time travel. Sonia Belmont on the other hand was 'Resurrected' from her grave hence the title of the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
My bad, I didn't think of that - Soma should be in the Sorrow series. I always felt there could have been one set after DOS, problem being where do they push the story after you've just played through a replica of Castlevania?

There's a novel that was only released in Japan, that took place after Dawn of Sorrow. The main character of it was Curtis Lang, who was Julius Belmont's apprentice. I think Julius was passing the whip onto another family since the Belmont lineage kinda ended with him, being too old to have children or something.

But yeah, that was a third entry into the Sorrow series, but it was a Japan-only novel. Which sucked. I wanted to read it, but I can't find any good translations anywhere.

Also, why do people think that the battle of 1999 has to be a full-blown war? Castlevania III was referred to as a war in Curse of Darkness, but we saw what that looked like in the end. The battle of 1999 could still be the Castlevania we know and love and not have to involve armies and such into the gameplay. Only the story. The game itself could still focus around Julius.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:26:13 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »
Also, why do people think that the battle of 1999 has to be a full-blown war?

there are several enemies in AoS that are undead soldiers/generals and their description reads "soldier that marched to his death in the Demon Castle War"

also a few items/armor with the description saying they were used in the Demon Castle War

evidence such as this strongly suggests there was some type of military presence alongside Julius _____ Belnades  _____ Hakuba and Alucard

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »
there are several enemies in AoS that are undead soldiers/generals and their description reads "soldier that marched to his death in the Demon Castle War"

also a few items/armor with the description saying they were used in the Demon Castle War

evidence such as this strongly suggests there was some type of military presence alongside Julius _____ Belnades  _____ Hakuba and Alucard

But it by no means needs to be part of the gameplay in any way. It could still be a Classic/Metroidvania adventure without the need to occupy locations with soldiers and other stuffs.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
Also, why do people think that the battle of 1999 has to be a full-blown war?

But it by no means needs to be part of the gameplay in any way. It could still be a Classic/Metroidvania adventure without the need to occupy locations with soldiers and other stuffs.

At this point in time I don't think it's possible to separate the 'War' theme from the Demon Castle War. It's obvious in the story that a very large military presence was needed to contain the outflow of Dracula's forces. Some soldiers would have been sent on infiltration missions to scope out the areas surrounding Castlevania, but then they lost their lives doing so. The military would not be taking any chances with Dracula's army of the undead, and would be using the latest in military technology and weapons in order to stop them, or at least halt their advancements. In this case the war theme is unavoidable for this particular game story. Otherwise it's just not the Demon castle war or the battle of 1999.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
Maybe it'll be a Castlevania presented in a style similar to Modern Warfare or one of those other war games.
(I really hope not...I'm terrible at those, and practice doesn't seem to help. :-S  Besides, that just seems to me like it would totally ruin Castlevania!)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
There's a novel that was only released in Japan, that took place after Dawn of Sorrow. The main character of it was Curtis Lang, who was Julius Belmont's apprentice. I think Julius was passing the whip onto another family since the Belmont lineage kinda ended with him, being too old to have children or something.

But yeah, that was a third entry into the Sorrow series, but it was a Japan-only novel. Which sucked. I wanted to read it, but I can't find any good translations anywhere.
Translation by Shiroi Koumori was exhibited on May 15, 2013.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6118.0.html

And, Julius whip and Curtis whip is another whip.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:07:52 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 06:03:03 AM »
Also, why do people think that the battle of 1999 has to be a full-blown war? Castlevania III was referred to as a war in Curse of Darkness, but we saw what that looked like in the end. The battle of 1999 could still be the Castlevania we know and love and not have to involve armies and such into the gameplay. Only the story. The game itself could still focus around Julius.

Well Trevor said something to the effect of "Many Brave Warriors fought in that battle..." I suppose many can be 4, and if he did mention the term war, in that context he's referring to the war between Dracula and Humanity.

The Story would most likely focus on Julius in any case, more than likely with Alucard's involvement (he was there at the first battle, I'm guessing he'd be there at the last) a member of the Belnades family and Mina Hakuba's father.
However, something interesting springs to mind.. there's some unused file in AOS called HAMMER. It's believed hammer was going to be a third playable character, likely thought to be Grant Danasty's CV III counterpart - the way Julius is Trevor's and Yoko is Sypha's. Perhaps this character would have had some kind of leading role to do with Military involvement, since Hammer was in the Military.

Indeed, there may be lots happening in different parts of the Castle, but this doesn't need to affect the player. Nobody knows how extensively Armed Forces were actually involved in any case.

According to what I've gather up about the backstory of CV: Resurrection, victor Belmont was the only one to time travel. Sonia Belmont on the other hand was 'Resurrected' from her grave hence the title of the game.

I didn't know about Sonia being supposedly resurrected.. Interesting.. Kind of like Altered Beast "..Rise from your grave" :P
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »
Maybe it'll be a Castlevania presented in a style similar to Modern Warfare or one of those other war games.
(I really hope not...I'm terrible at those, and practice doesn't seem to help. :-S  Besides, that just seems to me like it would totally ruin Castlevania!)

I don't think it would ever be like that. At least not without the mass cries from disillusioned fans at having been betrayed by Konami for the last time. Far worse then what LoS did. And you'd most likely be playing the role of Julius Belmont and he's no military combatant. He's a Vampire Hunter and uses the Vampirekiller to kill the undead. He doesn't need firearms.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
Translation by Shiroi Koumori was exhibited on May 15, 2013.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6118.0.html

And, Julius whip and Curtis whip is another whip.

I'll take a look at it. And yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not they were the same whip.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2013, 02:33:03 AM »
Julius still has the Vampire Killer with him during the events of the novel.
Curtis has a weaker whip since he is still in training.

Tags: