Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192164 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:57:34 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #647 on: October 28, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »
I really wanted to enjoy this but Warren Ellis ignoring canon, adding unnecessary plot elements that don't add to the story, but do unnecessarily complicate it and turning characters 180° from the source material being Warren Ellis made it very hard. It's not bad as it's own thing but for some reason it doesn't feel like Castlevania to me.
But they did increase the amount of fanservice, I'll give them that.
I enjoyed the first season, this one I have mixed feelings about.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:25:51 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #648 on: October 28, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2018, 11:51:58 PM »
I can't quite explain it, but season 2 seems like they cut back on the animation. The lips didn't seem to sync even remotely decently, at least in the first couple episodes. Walking animations looked like I was watching Monkey Island. The art style seems much simpler as well. The frame rate was hella low to the point it was clear they skipped out on transitional frames (such as Carmilla taking her hood off). I went back and watched episode 1-1 just to see if they did the same in the beginning and I just forgot about it, but season 1 felt very different compared to season 2, even Lisa seems better in the first season. Season 2 just feel so much more simplified...

Question: Who was the bandaged demon Trevor fought with the minotaur and Malphas? Was that supposed to be demonified Grant or what?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:54:05 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #650 on: October 29, 2018, 03:16:55 AM »
I can't quite explain it, but season 2 seems like they cut back on the animation. The lips didn't seem to sync even remotely decently, at least in the first couple episodes. Walking animations looked like I was watching Monkey Island. The art style seems much simpler as well. The frame rate was hella low to the point it was clear they skipped out on transitional frames (such as Carmilla taking her hood off). I went back and watched episode 1-1 just to see if they did the same in the beginning and I just forgot about it, but season 1 felt very different compared to season 2, even Lisa seems better in the first season. Season 2 just feel so much more simplified...

Question: Who was the bandaged demon Trevor fought with the minotaur and Malphas? Was that supposed to be demonified Grant or what?
(click to show/hide)
Gotta get away

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #651 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:59 AM »
alright tudrussells and gigglespoons, i've given it some time and rewatches and thoughts have been gathered more concretely, so here goes

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:49:52 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #652 on: October 29, 2018, 05:34:58 AM »
So last night I finished my 63 hour work week and finally got to watch all of season 2. Here are my thoughts on it all. I wish I had more time to read everyone's posts, but... I am about to drive to work.

(click to show/hide)
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #653 on: October 29, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
Hello all, been a while since I posted in here. Castlevania feels alive again, isn't it?

So, I have done watching the Netflix series and I'm beyond speechless by how well this was made, but this goes without it's flaws too.

Let's start with the pros:

(click to show/hide)

Now with the cons:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #654 on: October 29, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »
Another thing that gets me....

(click to show/hide)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #656 on: October 29, 2018, 06:38:29 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: October 29, 2018, 06:47:25 PM »
+1
Another thing that gets me....

(click to show/hide)
But having said that at the end of the day its just grant, and really who is that much of a fan of grant yes he did help rebulid after the war. And I keep reading how Ellis as ruined this and that. But sometime, to give something new life you need to shake it up. I mean think If IGA id stuck with alucard's old back story, he would never have become such a fleshed out character, same with the count.

some could say that IGA just changed things to suit his own needs he took  stuff out of the canon, and all that added things, like take to an advertisement  for the first said the Simon's whip was baptized (I think they mean blessed)  No talk of a soul. But IGA added that later. And the list is endless.

some had a prob with him coming and changing things. But if  hadn't CV would never had grown. and its the same here, you need to change some things to let  these things evolve. And if you try and keep it the same then it will just die.

so what i'm saying is that  just give it chance.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2018, 07:25:03 PM »
+1
some had a prob with him coming and changing things. But if  hadn't CV would never had grown. and its the same here, you need to change some things to let  these things evolve. And if you try and keep it the same then it will just die.

Jesus Christ, dude. Doing an adaptation of Grant won't suddenly kill Castlevania or "lock it in the same" wtf level of snowball fallacy are we into.

(click to show/hide)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #659 on: October 29, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »
Jesus Christ, dude. Doing an adaptation of Grant won't suddenly kill Castlevania or "lock it in the same" wtf level of snowball fallacy are we into.

(click to show/hide)
No but at the same time, I really don't think it calls for this kind of fuss, cos at the end of day, he was the weak link, the one no one really cared about, he means so little that he's only been a in  a few games , he was missed out of Julius mode. So even IGA didn't think he was that great.. so come on just give it go.

They did bloody well and its nice seeing something new come out of CV

Tags: