Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: People messing with the respect points  (Read 28720 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: People messing with the respect points
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
That seems like kind of a hassle.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »
+1
Definitely a hassle. I'd expect a rain of tits to pour down and reward me after all that work.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »
Its basically my idea mixed with other ideas here. The problem is that its difficult to implement and kills part of the fun.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
+1
To be clear, it's not about the points.
I have to thank a few users, I know who they are, for my points. I also gave them many points. I like to upvote many posts periodically if I like what they say, just for the good feeling of doing a good action for users I perceive to be nice, and for occasional new users that say something nice or cool. But for me it's fun like a score game. It isn't a really important matter. Not the points.

What bothered me is the attitude. It takes away the fun factor and reveals a trolling behaviour that always annoys me, because, as I said, I had problems in the past in other forums, and this is the first place, EVER, that I like posting on the internet.
I would be here posting like 20 posts a day with or without the points, I'm OK with that. I really like this community.
I think minuses require, just to be polite and follow a correct manner, an explanation.
But I repeat, it's not about the points, it's about the attitude.

Anyway, as Bloodreign said, back to my normal forum activities.

@Lely: I didn't know an amount of posts and time was already required.
It seems some admins went back in time to follow my advice and implement it.
Thanks Bloodreign or whoever traveled back in time to do that.
That was sweet!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »
I was never pleased with having a voting system on this site. It wasn't really necessary. But Jorge likes it, so...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
+7
Oh yeah, I'm totally the asshole here.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »

Sorry Jorge, but Im really laughing at this situation and how you said it lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

Hey Jorge you are the coolest person here, ok maybe second, first was and it will always be Ed Oscuro. xD
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
Jorge rules  8)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
Hey now, I never said that. You seem to have no intention of removing the system despite some complaints, (and you did add it, when nobody ever asked for it, that I know) So I just took that to mean you like this kind of respect/voting thing. I mean, most places seem to do it nowadays.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Hey now, I never said that. You seem to have no intention of removing the system despite some complaints, (and you did add it, when nobody ever asked for it, that I know) So I just took that to mean you like this kind of respect/voting thing. I mean, most places seem to do it nowadays.

By talking like this, you are no different from someone who's complaining about getting downvoted. Get over it people, it's just a future, it doesn't say anywhere to use it or else you'll get some penalty or that if you get downvoted a few times you'll get banned from the forums.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
Other sites I know but I'm not into, have only a + option.
That would be nice because it only contributes to express good feelings.

By talking like this, you are no different from someone who's complaining about getting downvoted. Get over it people, it's just a future, it doesn't say anywhere to use it or else you'll get some penalty or that if you get downvoted a few times you'll get banned from the forums.
As I said 2 times before, it's not the points, it's the attitude.
Getting downvoted by duplicate accounts is exactly trolling, and I behaved pretty peaceful and reasonable about this, I'm not insulting anyone. I was just annoyed for what the action represents, not for the points.
I already said I wouldn't even care if the system goes out. But I am sensible about that kind of actions, it makes me feel sad, because I try to be good to everyone.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
As I said 2 times before, it's not the points, it's the attitude.
Getting downvoted by duplicate accounts is exactly trolling, and I behaved pretty peaceful and reasonable about this, I'm not insulting anyone. I was just annoyed for what the action represents, not for the points.
I already said I wouldn't even care if the system goes out. But I am sensible about that kind of actions, it makes me feel sad, because I try to be good to everyone.

I wasn't referring to you. No need to get upset.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
The system has long-since fallen from my mind. I don't even use it at all. It's there, but I don't see it, let alone use it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »
+1
It would be a lot better if the respect points were only awarded to the post and not accumulated by the user. It should work just like a Facebook like. This would eliminate the sense of hierarchy that is established by the current system, and people would stop caring so much about it.

It should be just a way to show that you like a comment, not a way to show that you like or dislike a user.
The worst monsters are human.

Tags: