Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982760 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3270 on: May 18, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »
When you realize Curse of the Moon was the Dracula's Curse IGA was never allowed to make...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3271 on: May 18, 2018, 01:54:44 AM »
When you realize Curse of the Moon was the Dracula's Curse IGA was never allowed to make...

Exactly my thought when I saw the video.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3272 on: May 18, 2018, 04:22:51 AM »
+2

Priceless.. For everything else, there's Master(Alu)card.. *Read in Master Librarian's voice*
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3273 on: May 18, 2018, 07:30:23 AM »
IGA always said in the past that Dracula’ Curse was his personal favorite of the classic games so Curse of The Moon paying homage to it seems quite fitting.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3274 on: May 18, 2018, 03:25:00 PM »
well if its a worthy homage they'll make sure all characters can be playable in all stages through some easy to use method, which CV3 used a password system, but doesnt seem COTM has passwords.  so if it has a way to have all characters selectable in all stages on replays or fresh, it must be either button codes/and or unlocking them through progression, which then makes them selectable even in the first stages before they are recruited.

well think backers could get the game days before everyone else, so there could be info about the games secrets and stuff to determine what its got to offer in replay value.

also would be interesting to see if COTM's average length/amount of stages surpasses CV3's.

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3275 on: May 18, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
+1
I'm pretty pumped for CotM. Just a few more days!
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3276 on: May 19, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »
is it a few more days yet?

Affinity, even if the option you want isn't available, you should get the game, and then have somebody come over to your house and play it until they unlock the other characters that you want, and you can then take it from there. 

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3277 on: May 19, 2018, 12:28:28 PM »
5 more days until it's released!!!! :Floofs:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3278 on: May 19, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
+2
well if its a worthy homage they'll make sure all characters can be playable in all stages through some easy to use method, which CV3 used a password system, but doesnt seem COTM has passwords.  so if it has a way to have all characters selectable in all stages on replays or fresh, it must be either button codes/and or unlocking them through progression, which then makes them selectable even in the first stages before they are recruited.

I won't be getting the game unless they include a cheat code that let's me walk to the end of the game. Otherwise it's not fair...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3279 on: May 19, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »
is it a few more days yet?

Affinity, even if the option you want isn't available, you should get the game, and then have somebody come over to your house and play it until they unlock the other characters that you want, and you can then take it from there.

what?  my friends aren't gamers, and relatives that are, are out of state.

I'm also skeptical if I'll like the game's level designs.  who knows if it's shorter or longer than CV3.   who knows if the level design will be balanced and fair. too easy or too hard. 

and it is wasteful if the other 3 characters have no way to be playable in the previous stages on replays, even after being unlocked. 

there's still too many questions, and on principle, it's really Ritual of the Night that got me interested in the first place. 
no old school Castlevania clone is gonna hold interest as long.

you know it actually woulda been more interesting if they made it CV2 style, with day/night cycles, towns with townspeople, secrets, open world without being a metroidvania, etc.  while also having COTM's selection, but instead of character recruiting/swapping gimmick, you can simply pick any of the 4 at the start and go from there.

well anyways, Ill check videos and stuff and list of unlockables and cheats to see what it fully offers.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3280 on: May 19, 2018, 07:13:02 PM »
I can't believe I had to wait nine years for a new classicvania, Castlevania Rebirth was in 2009....

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3281 on: May 20, 2018, 12:15:18 AM »
+4
I can't believe I had to wait nine years for a new classicvania, Castlevania Rebirth was in 2009....

Hahaha. At least there's something after 9 years. :)
I've waited far longer for FFXV and still waiting for KH3. Oh god....

@Affinity: I am bad at games but if I want to finish a game, I will try my best to get better. The reward after feels amazing.
But if I really suck, I'll watch youtube to learn how the good gamers beat the game. This is how you approach a game and not look at cheats in the first instance.
Plus, if you dislike the game, for whatever shit in it that you hate, please do not dump cold water on the fans who are gushing. Just keep quiet, or say your opinion but do not antagonize others by forcing them to accept your side. And don't buy the game. I've seen too much hate over at Final Fantasy, please do not bring it here too.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:21:03 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3282 on: May 20, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »
hey if people like it, then that's their opinion.   I get harrassed, ridiculed and flame baited for praising CVHD here, so slap those people for doing what you dont wanna see here.

I just know Im not that hyper a fan of classicvanias (CV2 level design style formula,  is really the one that has the most potential to me, rivaling even IGAvania format).  like if even I'm tired of Double Dragon IV, despite how awesome the extra playable characters made it the greatest Double Dragon ever to me, I dunno how long COTM would hold interest.

from what I seen, COTM looks to be epic, and I read someone pointed out in a first stage, there is a secret that only another character can access, so it is seems all characters will be playable in all stages after they are unlocked it seems. so that #1 concern about the game seems to be addressed.

though yea, not sure how much I would like it.  well there's nothing to buy until like around August anyways, so $10 is no big deal, not sure. I'll check on its spectrum of unlockables and incentives post launch to get a better idea how enticing it is.   chances are I might play it anyways.   

COTM is a clever start to get more people confident in ROTN's release and hype in 2018.   it can make a decent appetizer.   ;D

yea COTM can help strengthen the ROTN hype and the Bloodstained brand can get even greater reception when ROTN releases. which can then become a dedicated franchise.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:31:47 PM by affinity »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3283 on: May 20, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
game's not even out yet and i'm hoping they'll be able to whip up another 8 bit game in 6 months haha.  what a fun franchise bloodstained could turn out to be. 

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3284 on: May 20, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »
+3
I get harrassed, ridiculed and flame baited for praising CVHD here, so slap those people for doing what you dont wanna see here.

When those things happen, don't respond to the haters. But you respond, and that's when shit starts.
I know you are a super feminist and want to say what you want and prove your point but sometimes your point is not quite on point and people hate that (I got this from your harassment on FFXV when it was first launched, and was raining on my fujoshi happiness, but whatever), so just don't respond and the issue quiets down on its own.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:08:03 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Tags: