Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Game and Nazy Simbols  (Read 7882 times)

Offline xxxgameplayxxx

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Castlevania Game and Nazy Simbols
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun (literally "Demon Castle Special: I'm Kid Dracula") is the original Japanese Famicom version of the Game Boy Game Kid Dracula. It is a parody of the Castlevania series as a whole.
After months playing this game, I just found a nazi simbol in the first boss... is hard to see if you play in the TV. But using a emulator, the nazi symbol shows very clear
Everybody confuses the first boss (A Ku Klux Klan member) with a Ghost..
A Nintendo Game with a Nazi Symbol

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Game and Nazy Simbols
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
Though that symbol does not originally belong to Nazis, it seems the 'Nazi' angle was what they were going for. I saw this in a gaming magazine years ago, though I can't remember which one.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:39:49 AM »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »
This monster looks like a KKK dude. Maybe it's not a coincidence.

More seriously, the Nazi symbol was originally taken from a ancient symbol (the same but inversed), which means "peace" and "protection" used in houses to protect them (as far as I can remember - thanks to my Latin studies). So maybe it is this peace/protection symbol.

EDIT: Got Ninja'd. Thanks for the precision. ;)

Offline xxxgameplayxxx

• Awards
Re: Castlevania Game and Nazy Simbols
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:47:09 AM »
Can't be a coincidence. 8)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »
That's not the inverted swastika (which is the Nazi symbol). I thought everyone knew the history of it by now. But of course it looks weird considering the ghost looks like a KKK member.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
I don't think that's a coincidence. If the guy didn't look exactly like a Klansman... then maybe I'd think it was, but... this character is just too suspicious. Sometimes people (like Disney) sneak stuff like this into innocent entertainment. The question is, "why?"

Perhaps just an odd sense of humor? Perhaps just seeing what they can get away with? Perhaps seeing if anyone will notice?
No one really knows.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:58:15 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
I think someone did notice and maybe that's why the game was never imported over here  :P

The Swastika is very old symbol and found all over the world. For some it means good luck while for others it represents peace, protection, etc. In Norse mythology it symbolizes Thor's hammer. Other meanings behind it also include how it is depicted. For instance; If the Swastika faces left it symbolizes masculinity. When facing right, femininity. I've also heard it is also a representation of the ancient waterways of Atlantis. Regardless of it's true origins this symbol is extremely old and is not the correct representative of true evil that was popularized through the Nazi party. As for the KKK in the game, I feel it's a nice little nod for the fight against racism.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
I think someone did notice and maybe that's why the game was never imported over here  :P

They could've always replaced it with a smiley or something. That's how it has been with Castlevania over the years, anyways. With titties and religious symbols and things like that.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:53:51 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
lol @ KKK.
Its only offensive to us because Japan doesn't have KKK

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
I wouldn't find it offensive even if it was intended to be a KKK nazi. You're slaying it, not befriending it and using it to kill Jews and black people. That's like getting offended as a Christian that there are demons in Castlevania. Never mind that you're playing as a holy warrior and slaying the demons. Stupid.
"Stuff and things."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
I seriously lol'd at the video XD

anything