Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975435 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3750 on: May 05, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
I like difficulty and old school games, so this is no problem for me.  Now, I want an update on classic mode, that is what I am most interested in.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3751 on: May 07, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »
So, i just finished downloading the update, almost 8gb. but when i start the game there is no Zangetsu or randomizer mode......wtf is that? Anyone else here who made the update?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3752 on: May 07, 2020, 07:48:05 PM »
Apparently the flag isn't set correctly for those who have already beaten the game, so you'll have to beat the final boss again. *shrug*
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3753 on: May 08, 2020, 06:32:48 AM »
The boss is cake anyway.  Especially with that explosive bomb shard and with every support shard at maximum.
You know who's hard? The damn money boss... I have to 'invest' all my money into coins prior.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3754 on: May 08, 2020, 06:59:08 AM »
They should've allowed Zangetsu's hook to pull him up to platforms Bionic Commando-style.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3755 on: May 08, 2020, 09:03:39 AM »
That would add a new dimension of play for Zangetsu rather then said extra character has multi-jump ability like all the rest.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3756 on: May 09, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
+1
Did anyone else notice just how much people shit on this game, on reddit?
Damn I've seen people complaining about the lack of a story mode for zangetsu, even though it has always been the case with castlevania (bar julius mode in dawn)
Iga is getting a lot of criticism there and I don't think it's deserved, after all they even managed to fix the switch version

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3757 on: May 09, 2020, 06:07:15 PM »
+1
People are jerks.
This is one of the Kickstarters that has actually delivered on most of what it said it would.
We even got Curse of the Moon, which rocks.

But in this internet culture, if it's not perfect, it sucks.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3758 on: May 10, 2020, 03:21:22 AM »
Well you see, the complain is mainly because since he's no longer at Konami, they could easily made a few tweaks for Zangetsu mode, instead of the bare bones mode. Personally i played with him a little more than half the game and then i got bored. No trophies, no reason at all or motivation to play with him and took them 10 months to deliver it. They scrapped rogue mode with randomizer, another useless mode, again in my opinion.

Now, if any of the new content had some trophies, i'm sure most people would tried them and that they wouldn't complain that much. I know there are technical difficulties, but when people give you all the time you need to make something, i know that in the end you can find a solution and not walk the easy path.

He promised that it would be his biggest game, something that didn't happened, the main game is to short compared to previous titles, like SotN or PoR. Now i'm not complaining here, before someone starts shooting fire at me, i'm just stating some facts here, as to why most people feel hate about this game.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3759 on: May 10, 2020, 06:31:09 AM »
Odd... it **feels** long, to me.
It certainly feels longer than Symphony of the Night.  And there are more chambers than any previous game of his.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3760 on: May 10, 2020, 08:38:09 AM »
Another reason for the backlash is probably the time that has taken them.... and the shitty switch port

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
« Reply #3761 on: May 10, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »
+1
I have to say, despite many promises not being kept... I'm still infinitely happy to have IGA-vania from IGA again and so, I'm incredibly lenient towards some promises not being kept. Ever since 2008, we haven't gotten a proper IGA-vania so that we got one at all still makes me happy beyond belief. Yes, there are other games in the Metroidvania style, but none have had the charme and the atmosphere to pull it off, until Bloodstained came. Should the Zangetsu Mode have been better, with it's own story and trophies? Yes. But I can forgive that it wasn't.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3762 on: May 22, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
I really like Bloodstained. It was fun to explore an Igavania again that I had no knowledge of. Definitely was something that was missing out of my life.

That being said, I both beat it and didn't beat it. As soon as I beat the final boss, my PS4 overheated. So I have the trophy for beating it and for reaching level 50, but my save file doesn't reflect that. Also, I'm sure it's common knowledge at this point but

(click to show/hide)

And obviously, because my PS4 overheated, I don't have access to Zangetsu or Randomizer yet. Will probably post my thoughts after I unlock those.

Also, hey guys. I kinda forgot I had an account here for a while.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3763 on: May 23, 2020, 09:49:03 AM »
Also, hey guys. I kinda forgot I had an account here for a while.

Then welcome back Claimh Solais  ;D

the main game is to short compared to previous titles, like SotN or PoR.

From what I've experienced Bloodstained feels bigger. Granted it does take longer to get through the game as the player is mucking about with the alchemical crafting and other things. Although you're probably including SotN's inverted castle segment as well which, in that case, I can see the argument. PoR to me actually felt shorter then either Bloodstained or SotN. The main castle is quick to get through as there isn't a whole lot of areas to explore (This is not including the paintings of course).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3764 on: May 27, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
So I finally beat it and... am I crazy or did I not see the Dungeon Clan listed anywhere in the Credits? When it got to backers, I saw "no clan" and nothing else. Was really disappointed to not see my credit in there.

Edit: Okay that's weird. When I beat it, it only showed No Clan, but selecting the credits option showed all of them. I saw my name and I'm happy now.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:41:21 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: