Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975446 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3825 on: January 15, 2021, 09:06:10 AM »
What's the new hidden area?  ???
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3826 on: January 15, 2021, 09:22:48 AM »
He's referring to the new crossover area. You have to go through a process in the main game to get to ti, but it's not complicated.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3827 on: January 16, 2021, 04:26:32 AM »
Nothing special of the new area, basically one new boss, as for the classic mode, very nice, but at the same time too short. That second area was super annoying.
(click to show/hide)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3828 on: January 16, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »
I played classic mode and after looking at the map it occurred to me: this mirror's the original Castlevania! I agree it was a bit short. Putting in two or three more stages would've been a nice balance for game-play length-wise. I've yet to try the bloodless mode so I'll fire that up later-on today.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3829 on: January 17, 2021, 05:58:05 AM »
Classic mode is more of a remake of CV1 than SCIV or Haunted Castle ever were.

Change my mind.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3830 on: January 17, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »
Though I haven't finished it yet, I've played a bit of the game using Bloodless. I have to say it garners my interest far more then Zangestu mode ever did. Unlike Zangestu mode, Bloodless isn't required to execute button combos in order to pull off attacks or the like.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3831 on: January 17, 2021, 05:55:00 PM »
Classic Mode is the closest Wayforward will ever get to making a Castlevania.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3832 on: January 17, 2021, 11:36:45 PM »
I can see Wayforward coming along in the future for other Bloodstained games or spinoffs. They already have a Metroidvania background prior to assisting with Ritual of the Night in the Shantae games, and the obviously Castlevania-influenced The Mummy Demastered.

Castlevania's current home seems to be trying to get it to work for mobile platforms, so I don't believe Konami would even consider Wayforward, despite the...well, absolutely blatant effort they did with Classic Mode here.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3833 on: January 18, 2021, 09:41:34 AM »
Classic mode is more of a remake of CV1 than SCIV or Haunted Castle ever were.

Change my mind.

That's true, but the ending is another story.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3834 on: January 18, 2021, 11:06:43 PM »
I can see Wayforward coming along in the future for other Bloodstained games or spinoffs. They already have a Metroidvania background prior to assisting with Ritual of the Night in the Shantae games, and the obviously Castlevania-influenced The Mummy Demastered.

Castlevania's current home seems to be trying to get it to work for mobile platforms, so I don't believe Konami would even consider Wayforward, despite the...well, absolutely blatant effort they did with Classic Mode here.

I really hope they keep Wayforward, like I always say WF has done a great job. I bet if they had been working on things from the start, we woulda got all the stretch goals on time and under budget.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3835 on: January 23, 2021, 10:12:10 AM »
I started classic mode a few days ago but not super far. I keep dying to dumb things like jumping to a platform but missing my mark and falling into a pit. Even still, I've been having a good time with it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3836 on: January 24, 2021, 09:57:33 AM »
I've enjoyed playing classic mode however there is a tiny bit of lag which does cause trouble for me. Another minor gripe is that Miriam's whip can't up-grade  :'(  That would have made classic mode all the more sweet.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3837 on: February 04, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »
So, I finished classic mode and until I saw the credits had no idea I could slide and backdash... oops

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3838 on: February 05, 2021, 06:28:30 AM »
The slide makes it easy to skip past the snake dragon enemies, and if I remember correctly, the slide also does damage. Don't use it near trap doors, I instantly fell through one that was completely closed when I slid over it.

Somehow I missed the backdash, I didn't know that was an ability.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3839 on: February 09, 2021, 04:15:53 AM »
Oh yeah, I found out during gameplay that you could backdash and backflip but didn't know about the slide until the credits too lol

Tags:

anything