Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975258 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3841 on: February 11, 2021, 01:36:09 PM »
To bad you can’t upgrade the whip or subweapons in 1986 mode.  Seems like it’d be harder than the original CV game without that.  Maybe they really would get sued if you could, ha.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3842 on: February 11, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »
I haven't played the 86 mode or whatever, but it said something about no slides or backdash. As mentioned above, I didn't even know those were things until I finished the game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3843 on: March 17, 2021, 09:05:46 PM »
I lost my shit at the belmont strut tm
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3844 on: May 28, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »
+2
A new mainline Bloodstained game is in development. I imagine there's a team working on the new game and a smaller team finishing the remaining DLC goals for Ritual of the Night.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3845 on: May 28, 2021, 10:43:07 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I’m going to guess that the next game would take place somewhere else other than the Castle.  I’m thinking globe trotting like Bloodlines with Portrait of Ruin style character swapping.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:44:42 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3846 on: May 28, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I’m going to guess that the next game would take place somewhere else other than the Castle.  I’m thinking globe trotting like Bloodlines with Portrait of Ruin style character swapping.

If I recall, the original pitch for Bloodstained was a globetrotting adventure, with areas being able to be sold as additional DLC. Assuming 505 Games wants a future game to be supported and relevant for years like Assetto Corsa and have sway over the project as a funder, I think this model would work for them.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3847 on: May 28, 2021, 05:27:45 PM »
The "Second Version" may also refer to the update to version 2.0, or "definite edition" or something else. Remember the promised free DLCs still have a few left unfinished, refer such version to "Second Version" might also be because it would be impossible to just use current version's code to fulfill the remaining few promised free DLCs, thus results to the rewritten of the whole engine.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:35:33 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3848 on: May 28, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »
Second versions oftentimes mean a second SKU or second game. Assetto Corsa confirms it's a new game because for their slide they make sure to make a distinction between second version and updated version. The slide for that IP mentions "second version" for 2024, but there is an updated version of their most recent entry planned for this fall which is not listed. If it really was about updates, that slide would be mentioning the PS5/XSX version of Competizone for this fall, but it's also talking about the original Assetto Corsa when talking about a second version, an eight year old game, meaning it's talking about Assetto Corsa 2 (Competizone is a licensed GT3/4 focused spin-off so this isn't actually AC2). Assetto Corsa already released a second, updated version with all of its content some years ago.

It's absolutely a new game.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3849 on: May 29, 2021, 07:08:16 AM »
I wonder if the main Bloodstained series will continue to revolve around Miriam.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3850 on: May 29, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »
I would think so given her nature as the heroic Shardbinder. I'm not sure how they would do a sequel without her involvement to any extent.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3851 on: May 31, 2021, 03:48:08 PM »
I wonder if the main Bloodstained series will continue to revolve around Miriam.
Or it could be like the CV series, set in an entirely different century, but revolving around similar themes of Shardbinding and Alchemy, but where as CV mainly focuses male protagonists throughout the centuries, maybe Bloodstained could focus on different female protagonists.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3852 on: June 01, 2021, 06:42:43 AM »
Please no more Miriam. Only Zangetsu was cool for me. I think they are mentioning the sequel to Bloodstained in that document.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3853 on: June 01, 2021, 08:56:22 AM »
I finally played and finished Bloodstained. Some of the best video game music I've ever heard. I had a good time but was left very disappointed.

I hope whatever sequel they make isn't anywhere near as derivative of SotN.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3854 on: June 03, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

Tags: