Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Enemies that made you go "What the fu...  (Read 9797 times)

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »
Ever encountered an enemy in a Castlevania game that just baffled you as to why that enemy is even in the game?

I have one: the Xenomorphs in Simon's Quest.

What's this monster doing in 17th century Transylvania? Did they hitch a ride with Galamoth or what? :-\

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Re: Enemies that made you go "What the fu...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:25:40 AM »
Spriggan from Harmony of Dissonance:

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
+1
Motorcycle skeletons wins this thread, but there are lots of others as well, like this guy:

And this:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:21:47 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
The balloon pods have been around since CV III so they're nothing unexpected really. The only thing that made me go *WTF!!* Was when I saw Cthulhu and he was named Demon. Then I saw Demon in the inverted castle and I said it again when its name read Cthulhu. *WTF Konami!!? Cant even get your names right??!*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »
Please guys, really, try to explain why you thought this, since not everyone know the backstory of these enemies (me included). If its not something to explain and is simply a WTF because they are "cute" or something else, its okay. lol

Its only suggestion. Since I dont know anything about Xenomorphs and only heard one time about Sprigan because Gaawa-chan told us, but I've already forgotten. T.T
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:16:47 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
The fast floating skulls in CV3 hard mode for the life of me I cannot predict them the only enemy in the series that get's me EVERY SINGLE TIME. People say damn medusa head I say Damn Flying skulls  >:(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
+1
When they pulled off Charlotte's skirt or when they presented her with flowers, both in Portrait of Ruin, though the feeling was more like: Cool! ♥
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
This moment was really cool and since I almost never played with Charlotte I've only known about these things after finishing the game, because of the internet.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »

I don't I ever checked a FAQ for HOD until the moment I saw this guy.

And this one speaks for itself. SOTN!Saturn was all kinds of weird.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
This moment was really cool and since I almost never played with Charlotte I've only known about these things after finishing the game, because of the internet.
I played the entire game with just Charlotte, calling Jonathan only when he was required to.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
I need to do it sometime, since I really wanted to use her but it was not a necessary thing unless you are fighting Death. Even against Astarte I can simply change to her to dodge Temptation's hearts and then use Jonhy-boy again. I've used her for buffs and LUCK stats only, but I've seen her spels and she is really OP.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Since I dont know anything about Xenomorphs

If you've seen any of the following; Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP: Requiem and the newly released Prometheus, then you'll know what a Xenomorph is.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 06:14:22 PM »
Why a Alien is a Xenomorph and how could I not know that until now? Thanks, but even if they are named like this in CV2, they dont look like a Alien from the movie lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 07:48:52 PM »
I need to do it sometime, since I really wanted to use her but it was not a necessary thing unless you are fighting Death. Even against Astarte I can simply change to her to dodge Temptation's hearts and then use Jonhy-boy again. I've used her for buffs and LUCK stats only, but I've seen her spels and she is really OP.
I just can't not to use her; I WANT to be her. When I play as a female character I like, I use to believe I'm her.
A little immature considering my age, but what can I do? That's how I am.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
+1
Well, I never could do something like that, even if I wanted, maybe its a mind block or something (or I simply dont remember doing that, but its unlikely because I remember things from my childhood more easily than remembering what I eat yesterday xD). But I needed to be Battler to play Umineko no Naku Koro ni properly :P

Also, this shows some really nasty things about you, since you have played Unholy Sanctuary teehee~

j/k
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything