Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
If I understood their tweets correctly, it sounds like it might have a new translation. Not sure what that means since the PSP version already has English voice acting, unless they're giving the option to play in Japanese with English subs which would be cool.

This is like a holy grail re-release for me so I'm glad it's happening, and at a good time when Analogue are sure to release their FPGA take on the TurboDuo soon.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: New Castlevania Season
« Last post by X on Today at 09:42:34 AM »
It's why I think Bloodlines and PoR are interesting tonally, with their WW1/WW2 settings (though I tend to feel POR vastly underutilized it)

Agreed. Outside of the story backdrop we see virtually no evidence of WW2 aesthetics anywhere in or near the castle. No abandoned howitzers, troop transports, or tanks. No discarded weapons, clothing, nor even swastika flags or banners, which by 1944 would have been almost everywhere in Europe at that time. We do however see some soldiers turned to stone statues by Medusa in one of the final four paintings but that's stretching things a bit in my mind as it was a painting and not in the real world environment. You can get a uniform armor piece from Vincent's shop but again, it's not convincing enough for me.
« Last post by Flame on Today at 09:17:22 AM »
I dunno about that. I don't remember SOTN or Rondo of blood taking place in France during the french revolution so they aren't exactly off to a good start as far as accuracy goes.
I mean doesn't rondo take place in 1792? That would place it right smack in the middle of the French Revolutionary period.

So there's little "why" to be had. Times of great upheaval are I feel, underrated points of interest for stuff like this, because there's already a lot of chaos and bloodshed going around that make for a good backdrop to a vampire plot. It's why I think Bloodlines and PoR are interesting tonally, with their WW1/WW2 settings (though I tend to feel POR vastly underutilized it)
« Last post by SecretWeapon on Today at 07:35:49 AM »
The way the show ended doesn't lend itself for a more accurate adaptation either. That being said, RoB happens a few years after the French Revolution, so at least it's not that far off
« Last post by crisis on Today at 06:04:01 AM »
It’s going to be loosely based off of RoB. They’re just using some of the characters, the plot is most likely going to be original
« Last post by C Belmont on Yesterday at 10:54:44 PM »
I suspect they'll follow his plotline a great deal closer than they did Trevor or CVIII in general, simply because people are MUCH more aware of Richter's story than of CVIII.

I dunno about that. I don't remember SOTN or Rondo of blood taking place in France during the french revolution so they aren't exactly off to a good start as far as accuracy goes.

Off Topic / Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Last post by Abnormal Freak on Yesterday at 08:18:48 PM »
Oh cack, that Inanna upload sounds like balls. Best to listen to it on Bandcamp if anybody does check it out.

https://inannametal.bandcamp.com/track/ancestral-raging-tides
« Last post by Bloo on Yesterday at 07:20:23 PM »
(if someone doesn't think Shaft's name is dumb, that is).

Watch out, Richter Belmont!

I only hope they don't pull the "cynical hero" again, like every single character on the rest of this show is.

Hard agree. Everyone cussed a fuck ton, made self deprecating jokes, and was always quick witted. Comedy could come from anywhere else but Richter really wasn't the type to crack a lot of jokes.
..., but that one ended after only one stage. I assume that's not the case here.
I got curious after reading that. So I fired up my X68000 Emulator and played it to find out. I got pass the first boss (that giant bat) so I assume that was the first stage.

Maybe my disks where part of a press kit or something like that.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
anything