Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair on PS4  (Read 2554 times)

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:54:07 PM »
I just noticed tonight that it's playable on PS4.
Am I wrong in remembering that it became "offline only" some years ago for PS3?

I'm an old man at this point, so it's on what I assume is a streaming subscription service called PS Now.
I've only heard bad things about subscription gaming services, and am not sure how they're even being accepted by anybody.
I did the free trial, and I have a few problems with it:

1. Its laggy (I'm in a hotel on wifi maybe is why)
2. All the DLC I bought on PS3 is of course not here. I want to play as Richter, the extra music, the extra stages. I'd have to buy this again?
3. "No lobbies found" - apparently no one in the world is trying to play this online.

Anyone else try this on PS4?
Is it working on PS3?
What about that fan PC version of it? I haven't checked that out in a while - but just got a PS3 controller working on my windows 7 PC, so may give it a try again.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:36:02 AM »
I just noticed tonight that it's playable on PS4.
Am I wrong in remembering that it became "offline only" some years ago for PS3?

I'm an old man at this point, so it's on what I assume is a streaming subscription service called PS Now.
I've only heard bad things about subscription gaming services, and am not sure how they're even being accepted by anybody.
I did the free trial, and I have a few problems with it:

1. Its laggy (I'm in a hotel on wifi maybe is why)
2. All the DLC I bought on PS3 is of course not here. I want to play as Richter, the extra music, the extra stages. I'd have to buy this again?
3. "No lobbies found" - apparently no one in the world is trying to play this online.

Anyone else try this on PS4?
Is it working on PS3?
What about that fan PC version of it? I haven't checked that out in a while - but just got a PS3 controller working on my windows 7 PC, so may give it a try again.

ps3 networking as a whole has been shut down to my knowledge
the pc project has been cancelled
the only way to utilize ps now is to have a very good internet connection, and be able to settle for still a pretty bad experience

the future has not been kind to harmony of despair
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 01:10:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for better news like the PS3 version would still be active, and that this site as a whole could set up a common time for people to get games in, like Sunday at 8pm, etc.

At least I got one Miser ring years ago before it went down.

PS Now seems like a giant fail. What are they thinking?

It’s a shame about the PC port project. I played that once or twice but I believe it was still in Beta and not totally functional.

Looks like now the only way to co-op is to have a buddy on the couch with you.

Tags: