Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania II - The Accursed Seal  (Read 18087 times)

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »
I'm really liking what you're doing with your maps, it's looking very nice!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 05:07:27 AM »

Both are sporting a new haircut, one is touched up to look more CV2-like, any suggestions on giving Simon an improved look?
(The Original will still be used, if not, posted when complete for free use)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »
I think to help authenticate Simon to seem more like his CV II counterpart would be to give him back his original hair color. It was blond on the game box but black in-game. Although I can see the black being an issue since his current CV Chronicles attire has the fury black mesh right beside his head. Or at the very least dull the bright red color so he isn't so Bishōnen-looking, say like auburn. It'll still be red but more to what the game's environment is presenting in terms of atmosphere. Also his outfit doesn't seem to reflect what Simon was going through in terms of the curse. There was a good reason why he was sporting a full-on body suit. As we know, the Curse was prematurely eating away at his body like leprosy or the plague. Not something you want to advertise to the fearful townsfolk whilst passing through their villages. Those are the only things I can think of. However you do get the final say in your project and it is looking good so far.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
I conjured up some more variants

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »
I like the second one from the right.
I suggest making his hair more like a real ginger and make the black shoulder fur a bit smaller.
Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the knee things. Are those supposed to be spiky knee pads?
"Stuff and things."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the knee things. Are those supposed to be spiky knee pads?
I think they're also supposed to be fur trims.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »
It's fur trim since that is Simon's Chronicles outfit. Having metal spikes on the boots would probably look more lighter in the grey spectrum.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 09:58:31 AM »
3rd or far right
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:07 PM »
Things I'm working on, with context!
After playing some Shantae, There has been some fresh ideas coming to the table, some ideas more solidified.
I'm working on some creative plane shifting, I have a few areas in mind to do this, so far the Water Passage and Forest are going to be planned to do it.

HUD design is a bit of a pain, I can't decide between the old-school Horizontal or the Vertical, Also stock subweapons vs. Hearts (in this case, Bloodlines Crystals).
I'm working on variants of enemies, It'll be cool to have a random generated appearance of common enemies to keep things fresh, speaking of variants, I'm working on Horizontal Medusa Heads that move in the foreground and background instead of up and down.

Further Description, Jure Grando is updated, noticing a similarity of boss choices in a similar manner, Jure will be rather unique, as historically the "First" Vampire in real life, He was beheaded, which gave inspiration for a more unique take, how about a vampire who can freely dismember his limbs and attack you with them? Think of it like Vampire hunter D, Monsoon, and that Catgirl from Skullgirls in a blender.

Touhou fans rejoice!, Death is going to be all-out bullet hell, this was planned from the beginning.

Simon's redesign is being done for two reasons, 1. it'll fit better with the narrative, you're a cursed individual essentially going on an adventure to break the curse on both yourself and the entire land. there is obvious JRPG influences *Cough* Ys *Cough*, and 2, This rendition of Simon's quest is about 3% of the original game, depending if more creative liberty is taken and if Konami ever decides to send a cease and desist my way (it's been happening lately, gotta prepare for the worst these days as a fan) It'll be rather easy to just change a few things to make it original, hopefully I can just keep it as a Simon's Quest.

Variants, why?, Heavy rain and Undertale taught me something valuable, you can stuff as much filler in a game but it won't make it good, but a well done, seemingly personalized experience is worth remembering turning a short 10 hours into something that seems way longer.

Mood Setting, the game will be dark and atmosphering when it needs to be, it'll also be lighter at times, with a touch of fantasy mixed in, maybe if I'm clever enough I could evoke some feels, The idea is to make a game that is both fun and an experience.

NPCs, there's a line between having to talk to them and wanting to talk to them, I'll just leave it at I'm putting some effort into making them interesting, some are direct, some are indirect, some will help you, some you will help, and best of all, FUCK FETCH QUESTS!

Will there be humor?
Well...
Corpus Caver (The Dark Priest)
As a minor yet big player in Simon's quest. He was responsible for dracula's resurrection. This time around his intentions are unclear, maybe he's just hiding out?
Google that name for a few laughs.

Progress has been slow this week, been a long week without days off, next week will be different

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 05:53:47 AM »

I'll just leave this here...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 03:40:13 AM »
Update: DEAD? NOT A CHANCE!

Working 2 jobs is a bit endearing, but I got a few things to share, I've been playing some of the handheld GBA titles for inspiration, and I've got a few new concepts to share.

Prometheus a.k.a Frankenstein's X

You encounter a shackled Prometheus (originally meant to be a homunculus, but Alchemy will play a different role), It's up to you to decide if this monster is set free or slain by your hands. The concept of the fight will play on some Fatal fury, He'll go in and out of the from and back planes, leaving himself vulnerable as he charges straight for you, giving the Dog at the end of his leash feel. I Recommend packing the Axe Subweapon.

Prologue has been fully laid out!

Anyone have any suggestions, I'm all ears, Programming process has started some time back, hopefully things won't get messy and some demonstrations can finally surface

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 07:25:29 AM »
Include an explanation as to why the mysterious woman never told Simon about
(click to show/hide)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
Include an explanation as to why the mysterious woman never told Simon about
(click to show/hide)
All I'll say is that The Fang, The mysterious woman, and why Dracula's parts are scattered outside the castle are all accounted for.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 11:01:01 AM »
Im passing here to know how the preparatives for Lord Dracula revival are going. :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
Im passing here to know how the preparatives for Lord Dracula revival are going. :rollseyes:

Still Working on that.... 5 ways are on the table, 1 must be selected.

UPDATE
Moving to Gamemaker, Unity and My PC are on bad terms, still gamemaker is still rather impressive (and a little easier to program)

First thing is first, the cast has been expanded. No longer are you on a lone adventure, but there will be enough interaction to keep pacing up without drowning in dialogue.

The Chronological place of the game is an alternate yet canon-ish timeline, After Judgement there was a time flux which altered a few key aspects of the story.

One big thing is that the entire game will both be outside, yet, inside the castle. Basically you're traversing through Transylvania as the ruins of Castlevania.

The Rival hunter is in fact female.

Death and Time Reaper will be at war, this could be ongoing.
Dracula's Resurrection is going to be very different, originally it's either a generic one, or in Cv2 Simon summon's him to "finish the Job". This time, the goal is to be like PoR, but have Dracula in the plot but not be shoehorned in for status quo.

Simon's Abilities are Going to be more defined, this is KEY. I have to finish Simon, then all power-ups, then make stages around that to challange the player.

Speaking of Stages... If you've beaten Castle in the Darkness, you're prepared.
Speaking of Enemies If you've beaten Dark Souls, you're prepared.
And the Final boss? If you've beaten I wanna be the Boshy, you're prepared.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:02:49 AM by KaZudra »

Tags:

anything