Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop  (Read 17308 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Nocturne of the Tabletop
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 11:58:58 PM »
The game creator didn't want money for this did he? If he did then I can understand Konami's C&D. If not then the Konami heads need to lighten up a quite a bit. Really this should be no different then any other fangame and treated just as such others that Konami let pass.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • RichterBelmont12's Let's Play Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 06:21:17 AM »
The game creator didn't want money for this did he? If he did then I can understand Konami's C&D. If not then the Konami heads need to lighten up a quite a bit. Really this should be no different then any other fangame and treated just as such others that Konami let pass.

The Project is for free and He didn't take any money for it. It was a Print an Play thing that he wanted to do. Its a shame that Konami suddenly cares now?.....This game has been up for years and now they have a problem?..This was also up on TTS which I have to remove due to Brandon's Request.....All 8,000 Subcribers from Tabletip Sim all of that...gone...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Damn. Talk about rough  ???
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 09:55:00 PM »
It's disturbing to me that Konami would go after a fan made CV board game now after it's already been out 4 years.

This is sad news.

It's also a sign for anyone working on a CV fan project to be very cautious these days.

This is the big thing I see from all this. They probably didn't care about fan projects when they let the series live in a freezer, but now that they're working on the IP again they're probably going to go after anything they aren't producing. Makes me quite worried for one of the more famous projects here. ;w;

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
Makes me quite worried for one of the more famous projects here. ;w;

Oh man, I could only imagine the meltdown here if Umbra gets a C&D from Konami.

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
Oh man, I could only imagine the meltdown here if Umbra gets a C&D from Konami.

Yep its going to be a living hell if that happened....But the Good news is that our Discord Sever is still up if you guys want to pop in say hello or anything here is the link.

https://discord.gg/p2GZfrW

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »
What I can get from this incident is

- They have no rules -

I wouldn't be much more surprised if they chose to hunt down every single Doujin product/fan made games in the History after this case.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:24:13 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Well I've figured out why Simon got a C&D from this Boardgame....In his own words from the Discord server

"Sorry. I'm done distributing it, someone who claimed to be a fan of the game is the one who turned me into Konami so he could rip off the idea after they shut me down, so I'm done, he or someone like him could be anywhere, waiting for me to start sending it out privately so they can run and tell Konami again and get me sued out of existence.
About a month ago"

Still that is pretty messed up that someone will rat on him to get Konami to do something.....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
If that's the case then this particular incident should be reported to Konami in as much detail as possible. That way if it happens again they can investigate it. That's if they want to of course.

anything