Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Big Franchises" on their way to PSP  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
This article notes that they said there were some "big franchises" coming to PSP and they hope Castlevania is one of those franchises.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:52:31 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »
Well, Dracula X apparently sold well enough to warrant a Greatest Hits version, so I hope so.

I personally wouldn't mind another Chronicles title, or a new old-style game. The Metroidvanias are fun and all, but I'd like a break for a while.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

I wish to see Castlevania: The Christopher Chronicles on th PSP or something like that. Not that I care for Adventure at all, but it would be cool to see it in a bundle with Belmont's Revenge. Completely remade, obviously. 2,5D, remixed music and so on... Then IGA could follow it up with a game starring Soleiyu Belmont to tie things together  :D

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:18 PM »
oh gosh, Soleiyu is so overdo for a game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
IGA doesn't have the balls to reintroduce Christopher! Makes one wonder why he was missing from the Greatest 5 technique in Portrait.

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I too think the Chirstopher storyline should be remaked. The first one isnt anything special but the second one can added a little twist to make it interesting, they can combine the two games together in some way. I'm just hope to see the upgraded verion of Soleiyu's fight and Bach's Chromatic Fantasies. =)
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »
I wish to see Castlevania: The Christopher Chronicles on th PSP or something like that. Not that I care for Adventure at all, but it would be cool to see it in a bundle with Belmont's Revenge. Completely remade, obviously. 2,5D, remixed music and so on... Then IGA could follow it up with a game starring Soleiyu Belmont to tie things together
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
That first article is more of a wishlist than anything. I doubt we'll see another CV game on the PSP (which makes me sad, but I'm trying to be realistic here.)

but it's about damn time Sony decided to focus on software. And more digital downloads? I swear, Sony is SO far behind the times it isn't funny.  :P

Shadowserg

Re: "Big Franchises" on their way to PSP
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »
IGA has to return Legends and make remake of it.  >:(

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:17 AM »
oh gosh, Soleiyu is so overdo for a game.

Indeed. If they ever did a game, they should have Christopher as un unlockable character, and when he beats the game, give him the following line:

"I've killed Dracula three times now. That has GOT to be some kind of record."

True Sorrow

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
I wish to see Castlevania: The Christopher Chronicles on th PSP or something like that. Not that I care for Adventure at all, but it would be cool to see it in a bundle with Belmont's Revenge. Completely remade, obviously. 2,5D, remixed music and so on... Then IGA could follow it up with a game starring Soleiyu Belmont to tie things together

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 01:43:18 AM »
I would love to see another PSP Castlevania, especially since I had a great time with DXC. I don't have anything in particular I'd like to see made, just another CV for the PSP.

...or at least anything new for the PSP, Castlevania or not. I already have the games I want for it, but there hasn't been anything for a while that I've really felt like I had to own. I own 12 PSP games, and I can think of a single thing left that I absolutely need to buy. But then again, it's practically the same way for me with the DS, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 06:52:01 AM »
i would like to see all new handheld titles of castlevania be on the psp, regardless of their format.  Psp has a larger screen and is capible of much better graphics than the ds.
If Iga wants his handheld castlevanias to be successful, he should make then for psp and have all of them be at least 2.5d like DXC.
Some potential remakes that I would like to see in 2.5d on psp are CV3, CV4, and that's it for now.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »

If Iga wants his handheld castlevanias to be successful, he should make then for psp and have all of them be at least 2.5d like DXC.

I'm pretty sure the DS Castlevania titles were much more successful than DXC
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
In Reply To #14

I agree with that, but only because the DS user base is quite a bit bigger than the DS's.  But the PSP is a more appropriate platform for the series. 

DS can do two screens at once, and it can do touchscreen stuff.  PSP can do higher resolution, better effects, higher quality music, and larger games.  Given those figures, which platform is better for the series?

For the record, I bought a DS several years before I bought a PSP.  Don't call me a Sony fanboy.  :)

Tags: