Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: These forums are shit  (Read 14052 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »
Seriously, there was an actual random thread all about HERMAPHRODITES (in bold and in ALLCAPS no less).  It was so immature but great.  A thread to bring about more awareness about 'hermaphrodites'.

(No, do not make a thread about it now).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 12:10:12 AM »
No point in it. The "Classic Dungeonite" spirit is dead, ha.

I remember how &#%$ing awful the swear filter was. Couldn't even type Yoshitaka Amano without it coming out as Yo&#%$aka Amano. Seems like once that filter was eliminated...all efforts to censor the board were gone.

I still feel a bit of pride in knowing that before Tubgirl became all the rage on the internetz, two or three years prior it was known at the Dungeon as "The Pic." I couldn't believe how retarded the name Tubgirl was. Kept thinking, "No way, it's called 'The Pic.' What is this bullshittery?"

I kinda like ICVD's Encyclopedia Dramatica page (NSFW and stuffs). Wasn't fond of it at first because a lot of it's pretty inaccurate and about half was written by someone who wasn't even around at the time but who heard it all secondhand...but, still, I think it's kinda cute. Though it leaves out what I consider to be important details, like my board, Freaksville, being the place where we mostly all gathered for a while, and the famed "Dungeon as a family" post was made, where it was decided amongst Devilotx, D'moon, and I that The Bootleg Castlevania Dungeon should be created (another ezboard that mimicked exactly the look of the defunct official board), before the name was changed to The Inverted Castlevania Dungeon Board, and how eventually I lost my role as admin on one of the many incarnations of ICVD by being a total asshat and deleting everything and I think stripping other admins of their adminship (all but Devil, I believe, who had POWER SUPREME) and all that... Goooooood stuff. (Apparently my actions were enough to have me written out of "the intardnet history books" as an ICVD co-creator, heh.)

There's even a picture of you in it, Jorge. :) I hope you don't dispute its use, ha ha.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:39:17 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 05:08:20 AM »
Good thing Cox decided to reboot the forums then

No more asshattery and reused sprites

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:42:17 AM »
TC just make sure you post your topics in the correct forum and all will be well going forward.  There is no need act this way.  Just chill out and follow the rules.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
Yeah I've seen the Dramatica stuff.
It's all in good fun.  I love a good roast, and it's somewhat of an honor to be roasted in ED (even though really anybody can just put up whatever they want).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:15:49 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
speaking of coming and going, Whatever happened to some of those other dungeon loggers? I remember Jeorge and Ralphe B. but there were some others as well. The one name the sticks out in my mind is actriss. Were'd he/she dissappear to?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
I'm not sure where Actrise went.
I remember Malus, who became Mai-lus ('cuz he was obsessed with Mai Shiranui).
And cornellgirl and some others of old.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »
Lol, I just looked at their article on the Chapel:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Chapel_of_Resonance

"Serio - The site's troll, who is also a staff member. He loves anime, hentai, and purportedly types with chopsticks. Ends every post with "unyuu~."

WTF? Unyuu~ is MY catchphrase >:[

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
I thought you and crisis shared the 'prunyuu~' thing.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Nagumo's pretty cute for a 16-year-old or whatever. o. o

But dammit, I remember that Chapel of Resonance shit was all over the ICVD ED page. Made no sense, 'cos, while I've never been to COR, I know it has absolutely nothing to do with ICVD.

Glad to see it's got its own profile after all the times we'd delete all that shitty info and some jackass kept restoring it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:56:05 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
I AM LEAVING THESE BOARDS FOREVER!!! I MEANZ IT!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Seriously, if you want to leave over some petty shit, don't make a post about it, just leave, I've never understood folks ambition to let everyone on the boards know that they won't be posting anymore, just do it and get it over and done with. If you post something like this, you only get ridiculed by the posters on the boards. If you're looking for attention or pity, sorry you won't find it here.

Point of emphasis, you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:26:19 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:20 AM »
Thernz - Another weeaboo.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:10 AM »
Just for the record, I am not a "halfrican." I always get a kick out of people and their assumptions about my ethnicity.  I also enjoy how the article really, really overstates Uzo's impact and influence on our forum.  But I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:14:52 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 06:04:27 AM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 07:21:30 AM »

"Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage! Why universe hate Waspinator?"
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything