Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dungeon, I need your help!  (Read 6364 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »
I am hosting a Digital Art and Entertainment Expo in October in Florida and I am trying to raise some funds to make it the best event possible for comic book artists, digital artists, and game developers.

The event will also be live streamed on Twitch.

http://www.gofundme.com/acmeexpo

$5, $10, whatever I would greatly appreciate it!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:49:11 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
+1
Just got my 1st Dungeon donation!

I want to send a huge THANK YOU to Jorge for contributing to my event!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 05:39:38 PM »
:o
You're welcome! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »
Being a Florida resident myself I cannot ignore this. Soon as I have some spare cash I'll throw in to the pot.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
You're trying to hold a "convention" inside a store? Am I not understanding something?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
You're trying to hold a "convention" inside a store? Am I not understanding something?

There is another section to the store where various events are held.

Appropriately called,"The Danger Room."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
Being a Florida resident myself I cannot ignore this. Soon as I have some spare cash I'll throw in to the pot.

Ir you can contribute I really appreciate it!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
There is another section to the store where various events are held.

Appropriately called,"The Danger Room."

Is it like, big? Are they attached to a giant store house or something? Maybe take pics of it and put them up on the page. I think a lot of people are going to read it and do a 'wtf' like I did.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Is it like, big? Are they attached to a giant store house or something? Maybe take pics of it and put them up on the page. I think a lot of people are going to read it and do a 'wtf' like I did.

That's a good idea,  I have pics too. Thanks uzo!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 05:34:50 AM »
Added some pics of the event space

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 05:55:18 AM »
Still seems kind of small to me to call it an expo. Looks better than imagining just a store front though. Not sure what it would be called other than an expo, but expo gives the impression its going to be very large. Oh well, its neat that you want to organize an event like that either way.

Potential funders may be put off by the lack of details though. I didn't see any date, or guest list, whether it is one day or multiple, etc. The free admission sounds nice. If you could get a few recognisable names to be in on it that would go a long way. A local game studio, or known artist, something like that.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
Still seems kind of small to me to call it an expo. Looks better than imagining just a store front though. Not sure what it would be called other than an expo, but expo gives the impression its going to be very large. Oh well, its neat that you want to organize an event like that either way.

Potential funders may be put off by the lack of details though. I didn't see any date, or guest list, whether it is one day or multiple, etc. The free admission sounds nice. If you could get a few recognisable names to be in on it that would go a long way. A local game studio, or known artist, something like that.

Game publishers and local developers are the next phase on the list. (I've already sent out feelers.) The date is October 10th 10AM-5PM. It was on the first update, but it would seem that it was overridden with the new update...hmmm I'll just post it in the description.

The guest list will be added once the RSVP list is received in a couple of weeks so no worries, but good catch!

Huge, Huge thanks for the donation!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:04:02 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:50 AM »
I'm glad your taking Uzo's advice to heart, as well as starting out relatively small-scale. Don't want another Dashcon.

Can't give anything now but moral support, but good luck with the convention.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
Man, I wish I could make it, but I have school, basketball, and band in October. ;;;;;;;;;---------;;;;;;;;;
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »
I'm glad your taking Uzo's advice to heart, as well as starting out relatively small-scale. Don't want another Dashcon.

Can't give anything now but moral support, but good luck with the convention.

Thanks for the support!

Tags:

anything