Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982405 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »
+1
I wanna try to make a Miriam sprite so we can fit her into the forum banner.

GOSH DANGIT STOP STEALING MY IDEAS.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #706 on: May 11, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
I've pledged. More than I probably ought to without gameplay footage....but I like what I'm seeing thus far, and listening to Igarashi talk about the game, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I thought about what crisis had mentioned.....how the IGA-haters are suddenly all excited, and if that will backslide back into contempt for him if things don't pan out like we initially thought or the game takes too long or what have you.

Say what you will about Igarashi, but he's got passion for Castlevania and thus for this game that is officially his baby. Yeah, he's pulled some bonehead moves with certain things and there's a lot of "sameness" to some of his CV titles....but I know that the thought of losing those things entirely has given me a bit of perspective and I suppose a better appreciation of his work, and allows me to forgive those boneheaded decisions more. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll do his damndest to make this game everything he's saying he wants it to be.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #707 on: May 11, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
I couldn't take it--I stayed up for more than 24 hours because I thought the game would be unveiled at 11 AM my time, when it was actually 2 PM my time due to time zone differences. So I took a nap around 2 PM and just woke up now, at 5 PM.

The game's been fully funded and this thread has gone from 44 pages to 49 and counting.

Well played IGA, well played.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2015, 02:22:57 PM »
+1
Well here solidifies the historical record for IGAvania support

"Symphony of the Night Producer's New 2.5D Platformer Funded in Under Four Hours"

Symphony of the Night Producer's New 2.5D Platformer Funded in Under Four Hours

The campaign went live at 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT and reached its $500,000 target at 1:34 PM PDT / 4:34 PM EDT.

Funding will continue until June 12, leaving plenty of time for additional money to come through to help unlock Ritual of the Night's various stretch goals.

They include the following:

$600,000 -- Artbook upgraded to hardcover
$700,000 -- The introduction of a second playable character
$800,000 -- A "Nightmare" difficulty mode
$850,000 -- Voice acting from Metal Gear Solid veteran David Hayter

You can secure a digital copy of Ritual of the Night for a minimum pledge of $28. Now that the $500,000 target has been met, backers will have the option of selecting a physical disc across all platforms.

In Ritual of the Night, you play young orphan girl named Miriam who has been scarred by an alchemist curse. The game is set in a "demon-filled castle," not unlike Igarashi's most iconic work, 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Ritual of the Night is scheduled to launch in March 2017 across PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Explaining why the game is not coming to Nintendo platforms, developer Inti Creates

said: "We can't afford to create the two separate versions of this game that would be necessary to make it run on every console." (Unreal Engine 4 supports PC, PS4 and X1 right out of box.)

At the same time, the developer teased: "We've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/symphony-of-the-night-producer-s-new-2-5d-platform/1100-6427254/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

That is exactly what IGA said. He wants this a franchise to take over the IGAVania type of game.

You know what else, the main character has a whipsword. Ha!

Miriam will be known as the mother of Bloodstained series stories and the original Bloodstained hunter/slayer/heroine.  ^-^

It's cool the whipsword actually transforms into a pure whip, so can specialize with whip,
instead of just being part sword, part whip.  swords that mechanically unfold as a whip are so cheesy,
and neither feels like a pure sword nor a pure whip.   but Bloodstained whipsword sounds to have the best
of both worlds without going the tacky hybrid route. Is it really confirmed that the weapon transmogrifies
from sword to whip and vice versa?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:05 PM »
+1
Congratz IGA on getting this funded on the first freaken day!!!

Longtime IGA fan here, glad he finally has stepped out of the shadow in a big way, I also agree with crisis about how before there where a lot of people constantly bashing IGA in favor of MS and the Lords of Shadow saga and saying how low quality his games are and now its all smiles and hype when he steps out to give us a castlevania experience. :-\

I plan on donating 60 dollars this Friday when I get paid, may donate more since I really want it to it to reach the 700,000 mark since I want a second playable character, nothing against Miriam she looks great and all, but i really want a male lead/playable character as well, preferably one similar to Alucard.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #710 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
And if you read the Polygon interview, IGA had that idea first which later became the Combat Cross for LOS and Lords of Shadow was the original name for the 3D SOTN 2 project that was originally for the PS3!

WHAT!? /Lil Jon voice

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: May 11, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
+1
And if you read the Polygon interview, IGA had that idea first which later became the Combat Cross for LOS and Lords of Shadow was the original name for the 3D SOTN 2 project that was originally for the PS3!

Source please.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #712 on: May 11, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
We can become Castlevania: Bloodstained Dungeon now :P    j/k
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: May 11, 2015, 02:34:47 PM »
Should we move this thread to the other forum for games that aren't Castlevania?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #714 on: May 11, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »
GOSH DANGIT STOP STEALING MY IDEAS.

New Dungeon sprite contest maybe? :P

EDIT: $600,000 reached. All those artbooks (that I'm not getting) are gonna be hardcover now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:40:05 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: May 11, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »
+1
Man she's got a ton of detail on her, hard to fit all that info on such a small sprite. Not quite done yet.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: May 11, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
This is looking seriously good so far.  I really want to donate to this ($100 preferrably), but sadly can't atm.  Grrr.  Based on what I've heard, I already adore the music.  Anyone found a way yet to lift The Bloodstained Theme, and Cursed Orphan yet from the KS page?

Oohhhh....... artbooks........ seriously hope that the artbooks/CD become available more widely....
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #717 on: May 11, 2015, 03:07:14 PM »
"What a wonderful day to back to the forums :P "

I am really exited about the whole project. The video with IGA telling us some of the troubles that he pass, were really touching for me.

I have to say that I am waiting more news for this game, than the time in which Lords of Shadow was announced.

Should we move this thread to the other forum for games that aren't Castlevania?

This is a really interesting question. I would like to know the answer...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: May 11, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »
+3

Bloodstained is Castlevania ascending into a new worthy form   ^.^   

the Demon's Souls fans keep Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne together in their communities, even though they are 3 separate franchises, they are still in essence the same in a sense.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #719 on: May 11, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
Bloodstained is Castlevania ascending into a new worthy form   ^.^   

the Demon's Souls fans keep Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne together in their communities, even though they are 3 separate franchises, they are still in essence the same in a sense.

They really aren't 3 separate franchises at all. They aren't the same "in essence", they are fundamentally the same. Demon's, Dark, and Dark II all are very similar games, Demon's just using a level select rather than the open-ish world. Bloodborne doesn't use souls but rather Blood Echoes, but they function exactly the same.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: