Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Hoaxes  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
It would be cool to recollect any Castlevania hoaxes that existed amongst the years, if there was any.
Does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:54:18 AM »
It isn't a hoax in and of itself, but IIRC rumors of a playable Maria in PS1 SotN persisted for years. I'm sure there were many April fools hoaxes perpetrated over the years.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »
Well, there was a (I believe) Game Pro hoax about a new CV game for DS called "Dual Moons". It later turned out to be an April fool's joke.   

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »
Well, there was a (I believe) Game Pro hoax about a new CV game for DS called "Dual Moons". It later turned out to be an April fool's joke.   

Whoaw. I'd almost forgotten about Dual Moons too! Thanks for the reminder.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
+1
From a 1991 issue of EGM

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »
There were two "leaked" screenshots from a fake game named Shin Dracula X that was never really in development, around 1999 or so.  One of them showed Richter's sprite jumping between platforms with some white, wispy magic stuffs around him.  The screens were either fabricated by a magazine, or just published in a magazine after somebody else photoshopped them - I don't recall which.  I also don't have the screenshots handy, but I'll post them here if I can find them.  Otherwise, just google "Shin Dracula X" and you'll find the screens.

EDIT:   D'oh.  And now that I've looked through some other recent topics here, I see that there's a whole new topic dedicated to Shin Dracula X as recent as yesterday.  Well, a mention of the hoax belongs in this thread anyway.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:26:30 PM by PFG9000 »

Tags: