Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131225 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
Initial D season 1 and 2 are solid. I'm not even that into cars but I thought it was great.
There is s03 which is an anime movie I believe, but I heard the newer I/D s04 looked cool but was garbage.

Thanks for the info. I found out that they have made a New Initial D set of anime movies which are abridged versions of the series if I am not mistaken. I might watch that version eventually when it's all done.
Not anime related but I just downloaded on the raw scans of the Wangan Midnight manga and that will occupy my time for now. Japanese reading challenge on technical auto stuff. /dang

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2016, 11:56:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. I found out that they have made a New Initial D set of anime movies which are abridged versions of the series if I am not mistaken. I might watch that version eventually when it's all done.
Not anime related but I just downloaded on the raw scans of the Wangan Midnight manga and that will occupy my time for now. Japanese reading challenge on technical auto stuff. /dang

Hmm up to you but I wouldn't recommend abridged versions for a show that goes into so much detail. It's a bit like Death Note with cars, I would definitely opt for series 1-2 og.

There was an abridged movie that glossed over the original first two seasons but it was incredibly vague and not recommended.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »
Hmm up to you but I wouldn't recommend abridged versions for a show that goes into so much detail. It's a bit like Death Note with cars, I would definitely opt for series 1-2 og.

There was an abridged movie that glossed over the original first two seasons but it was incredibly vague and not recommended.

I see. If the abridged versions get me interested, I'll continue with the original series. It's the same thing that I did for Wangan when I started with the 2009 live action film, moved on to the anime and now reading the manga.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 11:36:32 PM »
Inukami....a nutty anime about a medium who has a inukami who is a dog in human form helping him fight evil spirits. There's more nuttiness and perversion than evil spirits though.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2016, 01:14:21 AM »
I watched the newly dubbed version of Only Yersterday, yesterday.
Interesting flick, can't believe it was from 1991. I thought the voice actors did a good job too.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »
I haven't watched much anime -- for no particular reason.  I recently saw a clip of Kiznaiver though that made it look really interesting to me.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »

I've seen some folks online have had issues with this ending. If anything it's just harmless cuteness.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:42 PM »
I've just finished watching the Iron Man: The Rise of Technovore movie.  It's nicely done, and the CG animation gels quite nicely.  It's animated by Madhouse.  The voices in the dub (as I oddly felt it would 'sound' more right in English) aren't shoddy either, although as I was watching it, Technovore's VA reminded me a heck of a lot of Isaac von Kamper from Trinity Blood.

This has then led to a rewatching of the opening credits of Owari no Seraph, after finding out that Technovore's Japanese VA also is in OnS.... I think I need to rewatch it again....   Ooops.  I'm going to have X.U. firmly earwormed in my brain for a while now.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2016, 12:37:47 AM »
Finished Inukami and it's movie, and have now randomly moved on to.....Cardcaptor Sakura. At first I was eh, but the first episode was really good (the getting used to being a magician and all, usually fades pretty quickly, every magical series seems to start like this, usually pretty funny bits). Hope the other 69 episodes deliver, watching the subs version as I'm not a fan of dubs.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »
I wasn't keen on Cardcaptors to begin with - in my initial ignorance, I wrote it off a bit as being a bit like Pokemon, got to catch all the cards.  Skip forwards a year or so, and I happened to catch the end of season 2, at around an episode called 'The Final Judgement', as I was off school sick, and Cardcaptors was on the childrens' afetrnoon telly.  180 degree turnaround, and I became a massive fan, beginning the true start of my liking of anime.  15 or so years later, and I'm still a fan of the series. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:17 PM »
I've just finished watching the Iron Man: The Rise of Technovore movie.  It's nicely done, and the CG animation gels quite nicely.  It's animated by Madhouse.  The voices in the dub (as I oddly felt it would 'sound' more right in English) aren't shoddy either, although as I was watching it, Technovore's VA reminded me a heck of a lot of Isaac von Kamper from Trinity Blood.

OH! I watched that movie too in the English dub. The story is very philosophical in nature. I agree the animation is nice.

now randomly moved on to.....Cardcaptor Sakura. At first I was eh, but the first episode was really good (the getting used to being a magician and all, usually fades pretty quickly, every magical series seems to start like this, usually pretty funny bits). Hope the other 69 episodes deliver, watching the subs version as I'm not a fan of dubs.

I did not watch that series faithfully from start to finish, since I was watching it on the TV in the dubbed version and schoolwork was always in the way. I am not a fan of the magical girls shows so I was ok with missing episodes. But more or less I understood the basic plot and that was good enough for me.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2016, 10:07:24 PM »
Cost two days to finish watching through the Cardcaptors TV series. Not randomly moved to it

Planning to read through the manga side in my spare time but it will definitely cost more than a week to go

Personally I like the overall pattern of Chobits manga that amazed me like a chain of continuous waves of awesomeness. I can't help but to think over more the serious side of human-computer relationship than the story itself
I like the manga version ending because it gave the guy named Hideki a more "legit" final destination at the end
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:19:29 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »
OH! I watched that movie too in the English dub. The story is very philosophical in nature. I agree the animation is nice.

I did not watch that series faithfully from start to finish, since I was watching it on the TV in the dubbed version and schoolwork was always in the way. I am not a fan of the magical girls shows so I was ok with missing episodes. But more or less I understood the basic plot and that was good enough for me.

I'm the complete opposite of you, other than an early start in life with Voltron, magical girl anime (Sailor Moon dubbed) was my first  anime experience in the 90's. I caught on to that genre and stuck with it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:24:39 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »
The first real anime I ever saw was Ninja Scroll...

Boy oh boy did that rock my world. My jaw was on the floor.

There were other Japanese cartoons I had seen before that of course. But that was the first time I had ever seen an adult anime film. So I consider it my first.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:32 AM »
My first anime were those children's stories like The Secret Garden, Heidi, Princess Sarah, etc. I did not even know that these were anime then. I was also watching mechas like Daimos and Voltes V. But I was young and didn't care much about them, thus I was not watching regularly.
I started caring about anime when I was floored by Gundam Wing. Hahaha. Yeah, mechas were the first genre that I was serious about.

Tags:

anything