Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hardest Castlevania Game  (Read 31901 times)

Offline Maddux

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »
Which castlevania game do you find the most challenging?  I have always thought it's CotM. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
+1
It's a tie between Dracula's Curse and Dracula X SNES for me. Both games are notorious for their unforgiving nature.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
+1
I haven't played all of them yet. But for the ones I've played and beat I'm going with CotM. However, I'm playing Dracula X now so maybe that will change.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
+2
You guys obviously haven't played Haunted Castle

Those games mentioned are cake compared to it,

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
You guys obviously haven't played Haunted Castle

Those games mentioned are cake compared to it,

You can always insert coin once you ran out of lives. :D. But if you are talking about a 1 credit run, then indeed. It is really difficult.

In the Classicvania series, I'll go with Dracula X SNES and Bloodlines. Bloodlines was nasty because you face two boss at 1 stage.

CotM and OoE are the hardest in the Metroidvania series.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
+5
HAUNTED CASTLE

Thread over.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 08:03:23 PM »
Dracula's curse, bloodlines, and for some reason OOE yeah yes it's a MV but still it seems that at that point in time playing nothing but mvs made me soft so I got kicked playing it the first time around aw heck I still get handed to myself  it's hard regardless :P.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:07:24 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
+1
Haunted Castle for sure. Vampire Killer is probably second.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
+1
Haunted Castle, most definitely. 

And you can't just insert a coin when you get a game over and keep going, it sends you right back to Stage 1.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
You can always insert coin once you ran out of lives. :D. But if you are talking about a 1 credit run, then indeed. It is really difficult.

It doesn't matter how many coins you put into that cursed Cabinet. Once you run out of lives then that's it; Game over man! Haunted Castle is a real unforgiving man-whore. I've only ever been able to beat it twice and the first time was happenstance. Just pure luck of the draw. Dracula X for the SNES used to be a very hard one to beat but not so much anymore. I also used to have a heck of a time trying to win against CVIII but like Dracula X I've mastered it over time. But Haunted Castle... It still haunts me.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
+1
Having not gotten around to VK or HC yet (for shame, me), I'm Nthing the Dracula X nominations. Medusa heads on what, like the third screen? Basically a giant middle finger. Though I like the pacing--a screen that makes you want to beat yourself with your controller, then a screen of relatively easy carnage. Nice.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 03:53:07 AM »
+1
Haunted Castle is not so hard with the maximum amount of credits inserted. I believe that doesn't count as cheating, too. 

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 04:26:16 AM »
+1
Can I add CV Adventures on the list? Christoper is too frickin' slow and his vampire killer will revert to leather once you get hit. Also the stage with many spikes is a pain in the ass.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:09:14 AM »
+1
I've never played HC (but it hasn't have Castlevania in the name anyway so ha!), so I'm going to go with Dracula X.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 07:22:26 AM »
+3
This is a newbie thread.
Next, there will be a 'what is the easiest', 'what is the prettiest', 'which one has the best music', and the dreadful 'what is your favorite'.

And you know what the deal is with that kind of thread.

Plus, everyone knows it's Haunted Castle.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:24:00 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything