Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nightwish VS Tarja  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:58:37 AM »
Have you heard the last album from Nightwish Dark Passion Play and the CD Single from Tarja I Walk Alone?

I've heard both and what i have to say is that Nightwish have the music and Tarja the voice. I can't say Eva has good voice but Tarja's is far better for me.

I believe it was a shame that they've got Tarja out of their band. For me Nightwish they will never be the same again.

As for Tarja, i believe she's missing the music from her work. I can't say she's singing very good, but without the proper music her voice doesn't sound as should be.

Final conclusion is that the best combination is the music of Nightwish with the voice of Tarja's.

What is your opinion?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Nightwish VS Tarja
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »
Personally I love Annette's voice. I think it fits the band's music a lot better.

I picked up Dark Passion Play at Best Buy a couple weeks ago. First Nightwish album I've seen released in America retail stores.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Tarja's voice, but sometimes the operatic style felt too out of place for me. Plus you can't understand her half the time. Remember the Fishmaster? (Youtube: Nightwish Misheard lyrics).

Annette's style is refreshing to me, easier to understand, and fits the band much more. As for the band itself, their style hasn't changed, so it's not like getting a new singer changed how they sounded.

That's just me though. I know a lot of Nightwish faithfuls were pissed that Tarja got fired.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:48:56 AM »
In Reply To #2

For me Annette's voice sounds the same almost in every song. She doesn't have depth in her voice like Tarja. She has merchant voice. I don't have anything against her but i don't think that she will be so great as Tarja was.

Also Nightwish they have change their style. They are sound and play more progressive metal than atmospheric, symphonic metal that they used to play with Tarja and i believe that this has to do with the voice of Annette's.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
Well, my boyfriend let me listen to the new Nightwish album, and I'm not sure who I liked better as a singer. Annette is easier to understand, and she does have a nice voice. In a way, I get what Clara is saying as far as her voice matching the music goes. But then again, it just feels strange without Tarja, and her operatic style-it's kinda like she went best with the music after all. Maybe that's just where I got so used to hearing her though.
Groove is in the heart.

SymboliC

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »

nightwsh suxx coz they aint got dragonz n stuff.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »
In Reply To #5

Ammmm...???? Come again?
Ruler of Chaos

SymboliC

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 11:24:17 PM »

I was j/k. ;)

Haven't hear the new vocalist, but I've always liked them since I listened to my first Nightwish song, End of all Hope.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:03:11 AM »
In Reply To #7

That's one of my favorite songs.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
That's one of my favorite songs.
lol....
This is the end of all dope
Toulouse, the child that fades
To have all the ear sets
To be someone like Lee
(misheard lyrics)  ;D

I love Nightwish songs. I will be thrown out of the Thrash metal fan club if I say that I like the band, but I will say that I like their songs. Great lyrics (although some don't make sense- see Wishmaster), great playing. The band combines two things that I like: Gothic music and Heavy metal. So they get an A+ for existing. I can't say I'm a fan, so I don't care much for Tarja or whoever may replace her.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 11:44:04 AM »
In Reply To #9

The styles of metal that i listening are: Power metal - Symphonic metal - Speed metal and thrush metal.

I used to love Nightwish, but now without the Tarja, they seemed different to me. They are sounding like they have change their style into progresive and i can't say that this is my favorite style to hear.

Your chorus is cool!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:47:59 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »
Your chorus is cool!!

It's not mine: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7bptn1tqM
That one is funny too, but IMO the Wishmaster misheard lyrics is the best. The song really does sound quite like the random lyrics the author put in: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 12:28:10 PM »
In Reply To #11

Those videos are really funny. Thanks for the links! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
Annette sounds great, just I, like most Nightwish fans am so used to Tarja's voice with Nightwish music that it doesn't sound much like MY Nightwish anymore. I'll get used to it with time though I'm sure.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Tags:

anything