Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055863 times)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #600 on: March 12, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »
Yeah, Donofrio, sorry i failed to mention that. I got a tad excited when i heard"the bloodletting" yesterday. Yes indeed, the ninja is a morph of donofrio's maxim kinshine. Very nice job too with maxim thus far,like the sprite run.  I must say i like the fact that sprite artist are making new versions of some of the game boy advance games, all of which i haven't yet played. The juste belmont is very well done also. Solblaze stopped onto the forum with an amazing looking nathan graves too.  Be nice to see all these players in action at some point in time. Wether Serio's game, a hack, or custom fan games. Nice too see such talent. It makes me wanna sharpen my skills too. I've been on somewhat of a code learning tear lately though. Starting to learn this and that.

Sounds like your doing what I am. I been trying to get decent with C# and building sprite sheets etc but I feel like I am getting spread to thin these days. I have a lot going on. Most of the stuff I have going on all ties in together some how though.

I think it's back to characters for a while this damned stage just isn't going how I want it to. Gonna scrap this stage build and drop stage designing for a while to focus on characters. It's to taxing to try to do both at one time.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »
Hey corpsecrank. I don't much about construct or it's level editor. But i do know a ton about game maker. Just shaky on coding. I know a ton of stuff though, with obj, tiles, backgrounds, parralex moving backgrounds, plus imbed code in an object. I also have a basic understanding of the terminolgoy of coding in gml i just don't really know how to right out code and know what to expect. Also i understand the concept of scripts and what they do. The hardest part form me is the creat event,step, alarms, all that jazz. Which i am reading about. It does seem game maker has way more pro's than cons. I guess it may be loosely based off of C++ or at least that is what i hear. Which probably means it is just a shortened easier to learn language then c++. Is c# a trimmed down version of C or C++? I really have no idea but if you ever decide to use game maker. I can give a low down on alot,just not quite coding yet. I know it depend on your skills for sure. but i think it's probably way easier than c++ and i particularly just plan to use code skills for making games.  You know its funny too. I almost think it may be wise for 2 people to put their heads together on a project. Like say 2 coders as opposed to one. 2 can help each other learn faster, plus ideas willl come quicker more than likely. Also if it were me,i would prioritize. Before worrying about level building or even how they'll look. Get all the sprites done for the game first. Then have a game plan, like a storyline. Next start coding in the players, then enemies and bosses. When that's all done then start building levels, and eventually teh game will get done. I think most fan gamers rush into all of the phases and ware themselves out before they get far. It makes way more sense to me that way. Just trying to offer some suggestions

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
2 people working on any given aspect of a project is a good thing. The code for my main project isn't getting written solo either. I got a friend who knows C# who is working with me to help me learn. We worked on other projects in the past where he handled code and I handled integrating his code to the server and maintaining the server it worked well.

I don't care much for game maker or mmf or many of the other pieces of software that allow making games without code knowledge but construct seems to be the best of the batch from what I can tell and I gave each of them a try at one point or another.

But hey we are all wasting our time with these programs. It won't be long and we will have a real time editor that allows changes in code to be viewed in real time and specifically for making games. Go check out my other thread.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: March 14, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
Here's another edit of Serio's Richter sprites.

I gave his hands some colors.
What do you guys think? Am I making it better or worse?

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »
Here's another edit of Serio's Richter sprites.

I gave his hands some colors.
What do you guys think? Am I making it better or worse?

Looks okay,i guess..
although i can't seem to tell the difference without zooming in.. :S

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »
Looks okay,i guess..
although i can't seem to tell the difference without zooming it in.. :S

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »
Looks okay,i guess..
although i can't seem to tell the difference without zooming in.. :S

You think so? Looks like I'd need to improve my spriting skill.

Btw, your sig is awesome. :)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2012, 09:30:30 PM »
+1
Thanks!
I could give you a few tips n stuff lol..but thing is,i make a terrible teacher lol

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:10 AM »
This one's old, but CotM Dracula done in SotN-esque style. Might touch him up  later.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
Yeah i remember him,D9..  :D
The one you contributed to that anonymity guy who's attempting to make a COTM remake,if memory serves me right..
It's looking great!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
My take on Leon belmont..
Pretty happy with how it turned out..  :)

Offline hello!

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DESTROY!
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #611 on: March 21, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
finally got my computer workin a month ago. lost ALL my files. gonna restart revamped alucard after i finish mathias.
If the opposite of pro is con, then whats the opposite of progress...

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #612 on: March 21, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Mathias in his knight robe using a bow.

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #613 on: March 21, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
sorry that wasnt the most recent one

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #614 on: March 21, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
im trying to redesign his vampire form's colors to make them more bearable. which one is better left or right?

anything