Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I beat CV3  (Read 5253 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2021, 06:43:19 AM »
I beat CV3

Awesome!  It's really one of the high points in the series.  Castlevania 3 is a weird one for me though - it's frequently referenced for its difficulty, but I don't think it's one of the tougher CVs.  I've never beaten Bloodlines or Dracula X SNES without save states, and I've never beaten Haunted Castle or Vampire Killer MSX at all.  I know it might be because I've been playing CV3 for so long, but I've put quite a bit of time into Bloodlines as well, and it just never gets easier for me.

Anyway, I'd recommend playing though the Alucard route someday if you're up for it.  Yeah, some parts are pretty challenging, but it has some cool level design and killer music.  And then you can play through the early stages again on the second loop, and you can use Alucard to access some additional ledges and shortcuts.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »
I am ashamed to say it but I have not beaten ANY of the classic formula Castlevania games. I know they are pretty hard and maybe that is why I only like to watch them being played. But I am about to embark on that journey in the near future. I will try and beat every Classic Castlevania I could get my hands on!

Good luck. As with a lot of games from that era, it's all about memorizing enemy patterns. On a good day, I can beat CV1 without much issue, when it used to kick my butt starting out. I feel the CV series at large holds up better than a lot of other 8- and 16-bit games and is well-balanced and not overly difficult.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything