Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Sweetch  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: June 03, 2021, 09:07:54 PM »
Is Ritual of the Night on Switch still a dumpster fire in terms of performance and resolution, or did those problems get patched out? I've been playing games on my Switch a lot lately, so even though I have ROTN on my PS4 (unfinished), I'm tempted to grab it on Switch so I can play it in bed, lewl.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:47:46 PM »
From what I can get from others who has Switch version, the Switch version is "significantly better than the days when it came out, but frame rate issue was still a thing in certain areas"
Also there're Android/IOS versions that recently being ported on mobiles but they're currently missing a few updates from their console counterparts.  (Bloodless in the main quest, and Classic mode, although mobile version save data is 100% compatible with PC save data, and use imported saves Bloodless main quest can be "sorta" playable on the mobile version)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:20:15 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 01:14:36 AM »
There was supposed to be a fix for the graphics but I guess it doesn't work as it should. I downloaded it and yet I still see poor resolution in the spots that it promised to enhance. I'm surprised that it hasn't been addressed yet.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 06:44:22 AM »
Is there any way to play Adventure ReBirth on the Sweetch yet or is it still forever locked on the Wee?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 10:36:22 AM »
ReBirth's still dead on the Wii. Konami would be dumb not to do a ReBirth trilogy pack on Switch, but Konami will Konami.

But hey, the GBC Shantae is on Switch. Recommended for fans of Simon's Quest and Wonder Boy/Monster World games.

Sounds like ROTN is improved but not enough. Honestly, there are games that pull off some fine coding on the system (Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, DOOM 2016), so whoever's handling the porting job must not be up to snuff. That's disappointing, because I see no reason why the Switch couldn't handle the game perfectly well, just with maybe a variable frame rate and resolution but most of the effects intact. I don't know if it's still the case, but I read the visual effects are pretty barebones on the Switch, so it has a much more simplistic look than on PS4. That's inexcusable; there are ways of paring back while retaining the same atmosphere.

Guess I'll hold off a bit more or indefinitely and just stick to playing on the TV on my PS4 Prizzo.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 09:21:11 AM »
I picked up Ritual on my XBox. It runs like a dream there. Honestly, though, I'm tempted to get it again on PC just because of the modding community. From what I've seen, the fans have drastically improved the randomizer in Ritual and made it far more fun to play.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »
Have they been able to change the functionality of the whips to what we see in CV? That was kinda a letdown to be honest.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »
Have they been able to change the functionality of the whips to what we see in CV? That was kinda a letdown to be honest.
I don't think there's any, that would break the existence of IGA's Whip Sword; I presume that the change of whip weapons might be intended to divide the design itself apart from actual CV franchise
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:40:06 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 11:33:20 PM »
Did IGA ever do whips justice in a 2D game? POR's whips were useless and everything about the way HOD controlled was floaty. I guess SOTN Richter feels nice but that mode isn't particularly fun otherwise.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 04:41:38 PM »
I never had an issue with the whips in Portrait of Ruin.  They're generally a little weaker than whatever your strongest available sword is, but I always use a whip to make it more CVish.  If only the environments and BGMs in that game weren't so mediocre - the actual gameplay is pretty great.

Tags:

anything