Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975214 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1185 on: May 17, 2015, 11:42:46 PM »
Ugh, no PS3 release. That sucks hard. Makes me rethink if I'll pledge.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1186 on: May 18, 2015, 12:24:15 AM »
Bloodstained's Kickstarter just hit $2.25 million, which means the Retro Level has been unlocked! Next up: Classic Mode and the Basement Key

Source: https://twitter.com/swordorwhip

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »
As someone who doesn't have a PS4 or Xbone and would probably need a GPU upgrade to run it on PC, I've still gotta say that given the 2017 release date, they're probably better off not porting to PS3 and 360. By 2017 very few games will be releasing on these systems, not to mention that they'd have to rebuild the game in Unreal 3 to do it I think. It'd probably cost them more than they'd stand to make on the platforms.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1188 on: May 18, 2015, 07:30:58 AM »
and would probably need a GPU upgrade to run it on PC

I don't think this game is going to be THAT demanding, all things considered.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1189 on: May 18, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you are a console gamer, save up for a PS4 (Or Xbone if that's your thing.). You have two whole years. TWO. YEARS. It's unreasonable to expect the PS3 to be relevant in 2017. Also, in two years time the PS4/Xbone will be much cheaper than it is now. Also, there will be more to play on them by then (if people don't want one right now because of lack of games). And if all else fails (and you have pledged $60 for a physical copy and STILL haven't bought a new console by 2017) you can always sell the game when that day comes.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:24:58 AM by shelverton. »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1190 on: May 18, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you are a console gamer, save up for a PS4 (Or Xbone if that's your thing.). You have two whole years. TWO. YEARS. It's unreasonable to expect the PS3 to be relevant in 2017. Also, in two years time the PS4/Xbone will be much cheaper than it is now. Also, there will be more to play on them by then (if people don't want one right now because of lack of games). And if all else fails (and you have pledged $60 for a physical copy and STILL haven't bought a new console by 2017) you can always sell the game when that day comes.

That's what I'm deciding to do.  What with Shadow of Mordor being really laggy on the PS3, The Witcher 3, and this, I think that I'm just going to try and save for a PS4.  Heck, I bought my PS3 for LoS and Assasin's Creed 2.

I've worked out that I can afford to pledge $100.  Pledge has been made. 

Quick question regarding the KS (having never made a pledge before).  When signing up, does it matter if your account name doesn't match your real name?  I want my Forum username as my name in the credits. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:29:23 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »
I would say 4 million at the absolute maximum. It certainly is slowing down, though we do have many days left, more than 20, so that's good. Add in last-ditch additions and I see 3 million being all but certain, 3.5 if we're lucky, and 4 if we're very lucky.

Also, don't forget that they haven't posted how much people have pledged through PayPal. That should be at around $100k right now judging by Mighty No. 9 numbers.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: May 18, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
by 2017 the x360 & ps3 will be obsolete but ppl still want ports of CURRENT gen games on last gen hardware? come on son

its like when ps3 was still widely used but i was still hearing about ppl only owning a ps2 and gamecube. i bet some of yous still only have a ps2 and nothing else. its like using a 56k dial up modem in 2015. its like asking if avengers will see a VHS tape release. its like still using ur first email DragonLordXx27@aol.com for resumes. its like still using a flip phone when everything nowadays is touch screen. come on son
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:12:33 AM by crisis »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1193 on: May 18, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
I don't know why people are freaking about performance issues. This isn't Crysis or some cutting-edge 3D game. I doubt it'll be any more demanding than Guacamelee.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1194 on: May 18, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »
I imagine I'll probably have a PS4 by 2017.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1195 on: May 18, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »
Quick question regarding the KS (having never made a pledge before).  When signing up, does it matter if your account name doesn't match your real name?  I want my Forum username as my name in the credits.

They will contact you via e-mail asking all this kind of info (which name show in credits, for which platform you want the game copy, etc.) AFAIK.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1196 on: May 18, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
Thanks, Lelygax!  :)  What I figured, but wanted to double check. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: May 18, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »
I don't think this game is going to be THAT demanding, all things considered.

There was a 2.5D game released this year that my PC ran at a silky smooth 24 fps so I'm still betting I'll need a GPU upgrade. Okay okay, it was 30 fps like 75% of the time but there were drops, sometimes to 24 and it was disgusting.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1198 on: May 18, 2015, 05:52:26 PM »
Gonna hit that final stretch goal by tomorrow night I bet!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: May 18, 2015, 06:01:42 PM »
I don't know why people are freaking about performance issues. This isn't Crysis or some cutting-edge 3D game. I doubt it'll be any more demanding than Guacamelee.
It just depends on how much they push the engine, really. There could be all types of crazy effects and lightning in the game.

We'll have to wait...

Tags: