Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975272 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1200 on: May 18, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
Well, I guess that's true.

Gonna hit that final stretch goal by tomorrow night I bet!

Yeah, I was honestly not expecting us to be within range of classic mode so quickly. Also the latest update mentioned everybody $60 and above will have beta access for the pc version, so that'll be cool.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1201 on: May 18, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »
Well, I guess that's true.

Yeah, I was honestly not expecting us to be within range of classic mode so quickly. Also the latest update mentioned everybody $60 and above will have beta access for the pc version, so that'll be cool.

Really? That's going to be something and if that's true who would want to watch or do a live-stream of that or a quick lp when the time comes? When I saw the live twitch of bloodstained I thought it was really cool and maybe we should do that one day as a dungeon community thing.   :)

edit : as of right now the KS is at 2,357,526.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but did it surpass mighty no.9 initially? I don't recall might no.9 gaining traction that fast did it? It's only been about less than a week and it's already at half what MN.9 is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:53:51 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1202 on: May 18, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
+2

Notice how the new concept art matches the old teaser pic on the left. So I imagine the one on the right is still in play.

And the rest of the new concept art:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:37:32 PM by CastleDan »

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1203 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »

Notice how the new concept art matches the old teaser pic on the left. So I imagine the one on the right is still in play.

And the rest of the new concept art:

I really hope that picture is game screens plzzzzzz but source for new pictures you share?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1204 on: May 18, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »
It's from the update on the kickstarter. More art comes wednesday.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1205 on: May 18, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Okay, Im can be hallucinating here, but since they still calls this new castle Akumajou and there is a japanese shrine thing, what if this is indeed THE Akumajou? Maybe it happens years later in the same universe and this is indeed Dracula's Castle, but without Dracula. Think about it people, IGA didn't waited for a eclipse, but waited for a full moon before announcing this game.

Also Gebel isn't going to create a castle, he will summon one, right? Before someone come and says "so if its in the future, where are the lazer gunz and shit lulz?" remember that Getsu Fuuma happens even more in the future and he wears a samurai armor and a katana.

About the KS, I've wrote down how much they pledged in almost 27 hours (I wanted to count 24 hours but I forgot and remembered only now to check). 1322 pledged 97k in total. If we agree that people are pledging more or less 90k in 24 hours and interest is decreasing, if things continues as now with a peak of interest at the end, I think that this KS will end with 4,2kk more or less.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:55:39 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1206 on: May 18, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »
They said it takes place in the 18th century

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1207 on: May 18, 2015, 11:53:24 PM »
Sh*t! Forgot about that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1208 on: May 19, 2015, 01:57:01 AM »
It's from the update on the kickstarter. More art comes wednesday.

Please post more when it appears.

I see a Japanese shrine. Hehehe IGA's really making Akumajou truly an amalgamation of random stuff.

And for all those who are worrying on whether they can play the game or not in 2 years time, remember, tech becomes cheaper as time goes by.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1209 on: May 19, 2015, 05:37:49 AM »
Why I'm waiting, and saving up, Shiroi! :)

I sent Iga a message of support for teh game, and I got this reply:

Koji Igarashi says:

IGA here. Thank you for your support! I'm so glad to finally focus our efforts on creating the game. I’ll do my best to live up to your expectations. -IGA
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:40:07 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: May 19, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
Weird how there's new concept art and yet no one is posting. lol

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1211 on: May 19, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
+1
By the way their achievement game is failing, surely they have realized by now that we, the target demographic of this game, prefer to just give our cash instead of wasting our time (since most of us are working adults, and even parents) completing their social network tasks and creating fuzz. We're running out of achievements again, but the cash is still pouring. Also, no way in hell the Twitter account will reach 40k followers; they went too high. The high number of $60 and $100 pledges (which surpass the $28 ones when summed) indicates that we are not a cheap demographic, and are more than willing to treat this as a luxury and pay even more than MSRP for it.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1212 on: May 19, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
Well, we're within a $100K of the Classic mode goal, having reached the $2,404,970 mark now.  Easily reachable.  We're about £110K behind Yooka-Laylee's pledged money atm.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:47:48 PM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1213 on: May 19, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
What's up with the torii? I wonder if aside from the Ars Goetia demons there are going to put in deities from the Shinto pantheon?   

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1214 on: May 19, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »
oh man, watching this "devs play" of sotn is soo cringeworthy

i luv the info IGA-san is giving & all the stuph i didnt know about (such as the beetles & grasshoppers on the trees in the intro) but the woman that's playing is just bad, like noobie bad. shes missing several rooms & even ignores IGA's advice here n there. theres so many things i wanna know iga's perspective on but she keeps skipping right over them, ugh

i wish Nagumo or Shiroi Koumori were playing instead

Tags: