Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975394 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1215 on: May 19, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »
This thread should be fine, though you can also post them in the Spriteworks thread. Be sure to go to iga-bloodstained/submit though so we get more rewards :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1216 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
+1
oh man, watching this "devs play" of sotn is soo cringeworthy

i luv the info IGA-san is giving & all the stuph i didnt know about (such as the beetles & grasshoppers on the trees in the intro) but the woman that's playing is just bad, like noobie bad. shes missing several rooms & even ignores IGA's advice here n there. theres so many things i wanna know iga's perspective on but she keeps skipping right over them, ugh

i wish Nagumo or Shiroi Koumori were playing instead

Glad to know I'm not the only one who was cringing.
If I were there, I'd rather straight up interview IGA and replace the translator guy. He missed some parts of IGA's answers, not that they are important but that's what you get when you're translating on the fly. It would be nicer if they just kept IGA's answers subbed, although I feel bad for the girl who played for not understanding a thing.
When I played, I thought I sucked, oh but I didn't die on my playthroughs since I know the virtue of saving often and I know some of the magic commands by heart hehehe. I think Nagumo is a better player than me.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1217 on: May 19, 2015, 11:44:58 PM »
oh man, watching this "devs play" of sotn is soo cringeworthy

Glad to know I'm not the only one who was cringing.
If I were there, I'd rather straight up interview IGA and replace the translator guy. He missed some parts of IGA's answers, not that they are important but that's what you get when you're translating on the fly. It would be nicer if they just kept IGA's answers subbed, although I feel bad for the girl who played for not understanding a thing.

you will cringe even more when you remember that this guy translating is IGA personal agent, so he does it constantly while IGA doesnt even notice this detail.

Also the people on this show should proof check what they write, they've written wrong IGA name and a lot of other things in this video.

edit: I know that we are simple mortals and all but... There is a way to make these people from marketing or something like that begin to work again? Man! They started this campaign with a viral site and all, but then stopped caring.

I don't like to compare, but give a look at Mighty No. 9 campaign. They updated the KS pretty fast and tried to entertain us all the time with new sneak peaks and things like that. If I noticed right, they did even less money today :-\

Maybe they have a great surprise for today since they closed the swordorwhip website and will reveal which was the real meaning of this poll game?

Sorry for this rant, but in a brief, at the first days I was more hyped than these last days while this doesnt happened with Mighty No. 9 until they closed the KS campaign, so Im worried that its lacking something... Hau auu~
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:34:01 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1218 on: May 20, 2015, 07:33:23 AM »
You may have noticed that someone submitted a JoJo reference to the tumblr. That someone was none other than Serio. lol
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1219 on: May 20, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Serio-sama!!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1220 on: May 20, 2015, 10:55:41 AM »
I wondered what ever happened to that lolita-loving jabroni. He was the most kawaii, even if he ran from that destiny. Anyways the new update includes some more concept art. Getting some OoE vibes from that image of the castle.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1221 on: May 20, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
I must be crazy but I thought the new update would state who won sword or whip?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1222 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:02 PM »
Maybe we'll get the sword whip from Aria. I mean they did put some guy's tweet there at the end suggesting the same thing.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: May 20, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »
update, more in depth discussions going on

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044304&page=118

Do you honestly think Igarashi is a scumbag con artist, or is untrustworthy with money? He was making these ANNUALLY. And they were ALL BELOVED. He made a cool multiplayer online loot grind version of this game for like $15k total. He's proven he's good with a budget before, and is good at this kind of game. So what if a bad person will do a bad thing with a service? What bearing does that have on Bloodstained? He's been completely upfront with us from day one.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/684eb75413b635b8e3a3c6c2c281988d/tumblr_nom6sdw53V1uumf1jo1_1280.png

the CASTLE is either small or super massive!!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/4906d7c5a4854bcdd867165fc282700f/tumblr_nons9nypGi1uumf1jo1_1280.png

hard to say, since there is not even a tree to compare its size.  but think its massive. looks like it.   ;D

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1224 on: May 20, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
+1
New update guys now number 6: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1237015

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...

(For what it's worth: That final image is known, around the campaign, as "That castle picture, you know, the really awesome one.")   

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1225 on: May 20, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
That castle art is effin gorgeous.
Looks like there are some sub-castles or something, in front and behind the main one.
What if this is just one of many castles, and we're in for a Belmont's Revenge scenario?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:46:55 PM by OSM »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1226 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
(For what it's worth: That final image is known, around the campaign, as "That castle picture, you know, the really awesome one.")   

Much as I love Kojima's work....this is looking like a mighty fine substitute.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: May 20, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »
dont get me wrong this artwork is great, but the artists that did Lords of Shadow 2 were on a whole other level

the artwork for bloodstained better be as good if not better than this

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1228 on: May 20, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »
Mercury Steam's art was the best thing about the LoS series. I don't expect Bloodstained to look as gorgeous, but that isn't an issue for me because I think the concept art they've released looks phenomenal for what it is.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1229 on: May 20, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
+2
GET THAT LOS SHIT OUT OF HERE

THIS IS BLOODSTAINED IGAVANIA BABY

Tags: