Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975227 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1245 on: May 20, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
This castle is going to be massive, pretty sure that last stretch goal is attainable at this point.

I'm really, really hoping this isn't another Mighty No. 9 in the making. I trust IGA WAY more than Inafune, but this still has the happenings to go wrong.

I said I wouldn't back this until I saw gameplay, but then IGA promises a Classicvania and that just ruined my tenure lol

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1246 on: May 20, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »
This castle is going to be massive, pretty sure that last stretch goal is attainable at this point.

I'm really, really hoping this isn't another Mighty No. 9 in the making. I trust IGA WAY more than Inafune, but this still has the happenings to go wrong.

I said I wouldn't back this until I saw gameplay, but then IGA promises a Classicvania and that just ruined my tenure lol

Don't remind me off MN.9. the "chaos" in the forums turned me off and way too many things happened that I stopped before I could even start and then when I went back there it did not feel welcoming to me. I got out before things got super, super ugly.

Also OSM or anyone. people have been saying MN.9 looks bad or something could someone explain as to why?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:35:20 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1247 on: May 20, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »
Also OSM or anyone. people have been saying MN.9 looks bad or something could someone explain as to why?
Gameplay and level design leaves much to be desired, and the Zero DLC/whatever left a bad taste in my mouth.

There's an entire level that's practically a hallway with a couple jumps. Even earlier Mega Man games had more creative/interesting level design than that.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1248 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »
Hey so, let's talk special moves guys. What kind of special moves do you think will appear in the game possibly? Neobelmont already knows what I'm hoping for X3. Well, two things if he really guesses aside from one that Richter has. The other is my top fav (and probably might never appear.)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1249 on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:07 AM »
I haven't backed this yet, but I 100% will. Hopefully there are quite a few people who are also holding off just a liiiiittle bit longer, so we can reach that $3 million. I'm expecting things to speed up again in the final 48 hours.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1250 on: May 21, 2015, 01:34:50 AM »
I haven't backed this yet, but I 100% will. Hopefully there are quite a few people who are also holding off just a liiiiittle bit longer, so we can reach that $3 million. I'm expecting things to speed up again in the final 48 hours.

Just gotta raise some money on the side toward this game when I am able to so I can get it.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1251 on: May 21, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »
+1
Can someone contact Igavania/Bloodstained and ask if the Dungeon members can get a special clan?

Oh my gosh 22 days to go... My Gebel cross stitch is still not yet 1/4 done....

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1252 on: May 21, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »

You are officially my favorite person of the day. Cross stitch ftw! I have only ever attempted very simple 8-bit sprites, which look very cool and all, but one day I'm gonna try to make something more complicated!

I am really impressed by this kickstarter so far. From a pure marketing perspective, and how they really involve/engage the backers by encouraging us to create all sorts of great stuff, this is how you do a campaign in the days of the internetz! The big companies should take notice.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:41:13 AM by shelverton. »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1253 on: May 21, 2015, 02:42:44 AM »
Can someone contact Igavania/Bloodstained and ask if the Dungeon members can get a special clan?

I sent them a private message giving my support, and Iga did reply, so yeah, it's easy to do that, or, alternatively, just leave a comment on the KS main page.  :)  That would actually be pretty awesome to have.

Go, Shiroi, go!  You can do this, you can get Gebel done!  :D  *Pulls out a pair of black and gold cheer-leading pom-poms*

Dang it OSM my eyes to many Christophers x-x

Also if you get the book one day tell me how it is and if it's worth it.

The artbook is gorgeous, and it does explain a couple of small details of the plot.  It's not a huge book in terms of thickness, and I'd have loved more than just a few pages devoted to the character designs for Gabriel, Alucard, and Trevor, but that said, it is still very pretty, and worth picking up.  I have both the signed limited edition version and the regular version.  The art and the music were definitely LoS2's greatest strengths.  The castle sections were almost like a different game compared to the lack-lustre modern city, I'd have loved a whole game set in *that* castle.  It felt like the creativity got stomped on somewhat.  :'(  *Ends rant*

"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1254 on: May 21, 2015, 02:47:12 AM »
You are officially my favorite person of the day. Cross stitch ftw! I have only ever attempted very simple 8-bit sprites, which look very cool and all, but one day I'm gonna try to make something more complicated!

Shiroi's Nocturne of Recollection cross stitch is gorgeous - she has piccies of it in the fanart thread.  I really look forward to stitching it as well at some point, when I finally manage to finish my beast of a SotN embroidery (9 years of working on it on and off now), which Shiroi's given me the motivation to start working on again (once I have a small project that I need to finish by July out of the way).
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1255 on: May 21, 2015, 02:57:31 AM »
+1
I just now caught up with this thread since my last post. I didn't notice anyone talking about the Beta access information that was included in the kickstarter email update #5

We're happy to announce that all backers at $60 or above who choose PC copies of Bloodstained will be granted beta access via Steam. What does this mean for you?

Get a chance to play early builds of the game.
    Help the development team squash bugs and make the best Igavania possible.
    See the game's development from a different perspective.
    Provide valuable feedback.

All $60+ digital and physical PC copies will be eligible for the beta, but the beta version will only run on Windows. It's definitely going to be the biggest group of beta testers IGA has ever worked with, but he and the team are looking forward to your help.

This means that if you pick to receive a PS4 or Xbone version of the game, you won't get Beta access.

If you choose the PC version, you could help shape how the game will eventually end up in a small way.

This pretty much cements my decision to pick the physical PC version of the game.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1256 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:26 AM »
+3
https://twitter.com/virtjk/status/595708872406540288

You fucking heard the man, people. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Actually, FUCK IT, if this ends up being a real thing and not a hoax, I'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING WELCOME! =D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1257 on: May 21, 2015, 04:24:45 AM »
virt would rock on a CV-like soundtrack. Bloodstained's sound team is already excellent, but it'd be crazy to have him on board.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1258 on: May 21, 2015, 04:35:12 AM »
So, from what I understand, the 8-bit music from Virt will be used in the classicvania mode (plus the 8-bit songs from Yamane and the other guy). These 8-bit tracks are all mini stretch goals. BUT! What would happen if we only unlock one or two of these mini stretch goals? It won't happen but what if? We're left with only one-two 8-bit tracks for the classicvania mode. I sometimes don't understand how these stretch goals work. By the look of things, we're getting them all, for sure. But still... WHAT IFFFF

Maybe they're going for a regular soundtrack for the classicvania mode, and these remixes are just a bonus and not the intended soundtrack for the actual levels.. Perhaps you'll be able to choose the music before you start playing?

Virt is so awesome btw.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1259 on: May 21, 2015, 04:38:59 AM »
YOU'RE ALL FUCKING WELCOME! =D

This is exactly what I wanted! :D

Tags:

anything