Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975304 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1260 on: May 21, 2015, 04:40:40 AM »
+2
BUT! What would happen if we only unlock one or two of these mini stretch goals? It won't happen but what if? We're left with only one-two 8-bit tracks for the classicvania mode.

Then it'll be called "Circle of the Moon mode", and it'll be an 8-bit remix of Sinking Old Sanctuary playing for most of the areas.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1261 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:19 AM »
Quote from: OSM
This castle is going to be massive, pretty sure that last stretch goal is attainable at this point.

I'm really, really hoping this isn't another Mighty No. 9 in the making. I trust IGA WAY more than Inafune, but this still has the happenings to go wrong.

I said I wouldn't back this until I saw gameplay, but then IGA promises a Classicvania and that just ruined my tenure lol

as optimistic as every1 is, dont get ur hopes up too high. as i say once the dust settles and reality starts to kick in and people give it a playthru a few times, people will begin to pick this game apart as always. "this game was way too overhyped" mightwill be a common expressio, calling it now

i hope im wrong but cmon, iga never received this much praise during the gba/ds era and his gameplay/story decisions were being criticized left n right. sure he has way more development time this time, but i can still see people say "he had over a year to make this & this is what we get??" "theres still a severe lack of platforming, just like the other metrovanias" "too many useless items & magic, just like sotn" "the game is too derivative/not derivative enough" "i think i still like DXC more" "well at least it had good artwork & music" etc etc. this is inevitable

the fanbase is fickle, always has been and everyone is just super high rite now
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:05:18 AM by crisis »

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1262 on: May 21, 2015, 07:02:19 AM »
Man, I'm just starting the realize that the scope of this game is going to be mind boggling. Not only is this potentially (I'm pretty sure it will be) the biggest castle IGA's ever designed/developed we're getting all of this awesome bonus content on top of it. 2017 can't come soon enough guys. D: Guess I'll have to dust off my old CV games to occupy the time until then.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1263 on: May 21, 2015, 07:48:13 AM »
As long as people keep their expectations on a reasonable level, I'm sure we'll be fine. This is just a video game. It will most likely have its flaws and imperfections, just like 99.9% of the video games that came before it.

And it's probably not gonna WOW you like the first time you played SotN. Not that it necessarily have to be worse than SotN - we don't know that yet - but it's going to be a metroidvania, and we've played soooo many of those since SotN came out. We know the deal already. Also, we're older now and less likely to be super impressed by things. I hope people realize this and don't expect GROUNDBREAKING INNOVATIVE NEWNESS!! But we never know with gamers today. Nothing is ever good enough for some of them.

Many of them are probably just desperately trying to recreate their own childhood but can't seem to hit that level of enthusiasm anymore. And it's fine and perfectly normal. Lower dat expectation, child!

I hear people saying Witcher 3 looks like "shit". Which only proves how unreasonable and impossible they are to please. Yes, it looks worse than it did in the trailer from 2013 but it's still a gorgeous game.

Some people will, without a doubt, hate on Bloodstained. It's just how things work. I'm lowering my expectations, not expecting "the best IGA game ever" cause that it not realistic. I hope it's on par with the GBA/DS games, but larger. And with some catchy tunes. Anything more than that is just a nice bonus  :D

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:55:28 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1264 on: May 21, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »
^Agreed.

It may not be IGA's best game, but at least it'll be the one he wanted to make.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1265 on: May 21, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »
I'm pretty easy to please, I thought PoR was good (or at least I look back and remember enjoying it) and I know some here in the Dungeon were knocking on it. Beyond gameplay, which I'm giving IGA the benefit of the doubt and imagine it'll be high quality like all of his games, and music (which we know will rock) and graphics (which is kind of a moot point); I'm most looking forward to exploring this new world IGA is creating, learning its lore and story. Could I get dissapointed in this aspect? Probably, but I'm sure the rest of the game will make up for it.

If not? Well, that's what you guys are here for. :3

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1266 on: May 21, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
Gamers being entitled these days was something motivated by the publishers.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1267 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
+2
My only big problem with the sidescrolling igavanias was always that they ended too quickly. I wanted more! But guess what? That is part of why they worked so well IMO. They never overstayed their welcome, and they ended on a high note, when I was still wanting more.

It's interesting how this "flaw" was actually why I was so f**king PUMPED every time a new game was released. Cause I never got bored of them. There simply wasn't time for that. Even the recycled levels and graphics in PoR was easy to stomach when the game was reasonably short. Adding 10 hours would not have made it any favours whatsoever though.

Now that these games are far and few between I am ready for a longer game though, or at least bigger. Just lemme in those castle gates and I will explore all of it. I'm looking forward slashing at walls and ceilings, looking for secret rooms and areas. I hope that's what we're getting!

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
+1
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. There's a distinction between "entitled" and wanting a quality product. Are you considered entitled when you order a steak and instead you're served lutefisk? When you buy a new car and it turns out to be a lemon (not the fruit)?

I think it's fair to criticize developers and publishers for shoddy products, without this feedback they don't know what areas require improvement. I loved Assassin's Creed when it came out, but it wasn't without it's faults. The media and gamers criticized Ubisoft for this and we got the absolutely amazing Assassin's Creed II in return. Were the media and gamers being entitled when they voiced their opinion on AC? I don't think so, but some may disagree.

When I start thinking of entitled gamers I think of those that whine, "Why isn't x feature there?/I don't like your artistic vision, change it!/etc."  This isn't criticism of the product, this is wanting the product to pander specifically to you and your tastes with no regard to the developer's artistic vision. These are the cries of entitlement, imo.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
be positive..that's all I'm gonna say

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1270 on: May 21, 2015, 12:35:17 PM »
I understand not wanting a bad product but looking at Igas track record, it's been pretty flawless

journey back to the cv dungeon (not just here but at several other forums) around 2003-2007 and read peoples general opinions on iga during his tenure as cv producer & metroidvania. entirely different place than it is now lol

1 quote i distinctly remember from someone, right around the time poultry of ruin was revealed was, "...well, here we go again."

i just think its interesting how general opinion went from "ughh we need a break from iga already" to "IGA welcome back we missed youuuu!!!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:37:07 PM by crisis »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1271 on: May 21, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

i just think its interesting how general opinion went from "ughh we need a break from iga already" to "IGA welcome back we missed youuuu!!!"

I know right?

I remember constantly having to defend IGA and his games when I first joined from people who where in love with the LOS reveal and constantly took dumps on IGA and his games at every turn.

Its weird seeing this board for the most part suddenly pro IGA all the sudden...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:02:21 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1272 on: May 21, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »
+5
Are you surprised? After the shit heap what was Lords of Shadow, everything that has happened lately has been amazing.

Thing about it. IGA is no longer going to be restricted by Konami. The man can finally do what he wants and how he wants to do it. He's not getting some shitty budget this time. He has support from everyone, especially his fans. Just take a look at his team. Michiru Yamane, David Hayter, Jake Kaufman, etc.

Order of Ecclesia was an AMAZING game and IGA was able to make it as such with such a small budget. Now just imagine what he's capable of doing with Bloodstained? I can't even fathom how fucking brilliant it's going to be. The man has nothing but passion and love thrown into his games and most of the time has made it work.

You don't know what you haven until it's gone. This is the case with all these IGA haters suddenly jumping ships after experiencing travesties such as the Lords of Shadow series.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1273 on: May 21, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
+2
I think the critism of IGA during that time was mostly because of Metroidvania fatigue. And of course around 2009 Dave Cox was spreading stories to anyone who was naive enough to believe it that LoS was going to be totally like SCIV but in 3D for the real fans, and as someone already mentioned in this thread, launching a smear campaign against the Metroidvanias. Couple that with the fact that MoF was a very pathetic replacement to the previous handheld games, which are all gems in their own right, and Konami's currently salting the earth while retreating their way out of the console industry, I think I can understand why people here are welcoming IGA back with open arms.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1274 on: May 21, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
+1
It's perfectly fine to be tired of something and then welcome it back when a whoppin 7 years have passed. People are like that.

Tags: