Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: First Video of PSP DXC SoTN adult Maria!!! ^_^  (Read 19147 times)

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
Re: First Video of PSP DXC SoTN adult Maria!!! ^_^
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
This new Maria's movement is more like from recent Castleriod games, IMO it looks a bit odd, too shiny maybe.
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »
I wonder how the Librarian will sound like.. it'd also be cool if they gave Orlox something to say!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »
This is actually a bad thing. Originally sotn is in 256x240, not 320x240. The psx copy stretched the screen with hardware to fill the ratio, while the saturn one did that by stretching the sprites.

Yeah, and SNES games are drawn in a similar resolution. Am I to believe that these games aren't MEANT to be stretched out to fit a standard 4:3 television? To me, that's almost like saying that a movie filmed open matte is meant to be seen without the matting. (I'm stretching it with that comparison, but still.)

If the original system that a game is for is stretching the picture to be viewed 4:3, then to me that's the correct aspect ratio of the game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 03:46:22 AM »
This new Maria's movement is more like from recent Castleriod games, IMO it looks a bit odd, too shiny maybe.

I agree. She moves a bit too quickly IMO, not as gracfully and stately as Alucard. She's still cool tho :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 05:11:16 AM »
Yeah, and SNES games are drawn in a similar resolution. Am I to believe that these games aren't MEANT to be stretched out to fit a standard 4:3 television?
No no no.
It was done to fit the tv screen, but here there's no point at all since psp screen's wider. Keeping a 4:3 res is pointless when it's not supposed to be done to fill up the screen, but just stretch everything and make it uglier, fatter and more blurry.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 08:27:13 AM »
No no no.
It was done to fit the tv screen, but here there's no point at all since psp screen's wider. Keeping a 4:3 res is pointless when it's not supposed to be done to fill up the screen, but just stretch everything and make it uglier, fatter and more blurry.

I guess I don't really follow what you mean. Are you just saying then that the game should be presented in its original aspect ratio it was made in (whatever that would be, 5:4 or something)? 'Cos I still believe that since it was originally viewed 4:3 when it was on the PSX, then that's the original ratio. To me anyway. :P And I like that it's being presented 4:3 on the PSP's 16:9 screen. Otherwise I'll look at the sprites and think they look too tall and slender...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:53 AM »
But regardless, I just like that there's an option to view the game in anything besides 16:9, because if they were to stretch it so far and then not give any kind of option to view it otherwise, I'd be so annoyed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »
I see no reason to change the oarsmen sounds..If the SOTN sounds were not the best but changing them now seems weird. only ones I would change were Righter,Maria,Alucard and perhaps Dracula. rest were fine the main characters just sounded a bit blocky that's all.

Tags:

anything