Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 110202 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »
+1
Fantastic, Mig. Hard mode's kicking my ass for the time being, but it's a hell of a fun challenge.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
+1
I am thoroughly enjoying the update, but there are some bugs of note that I've encountered.

- It seems if you jump too high, you can automatically die.
- On the big sword boss, when it's spinning around, if you use too many Level 2 Cross item crashes on it, the game can crash. Has happened several times in Boss Rush.
- No idea if it's on my end or not, but I noticed the game after the update seems to minimize occasionally, causing me to usually die before I can get the screen maximized.

Other than that, excellent job! The update adds a lot of replayability to the game.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
Hi! :)
It seems you have beaten the game in "hard mode" Ralph. Congratulations it was not an Health walk.

-The jump/die effect !!! Interesting i did not notice that. If you remember,  please tell me where this can occur.
-I may have left a corrupted object in the sword boss battle. I will check that.
-I do not see why the game would sometimes minimize. If someone else has experimented this trouble please say it  :)

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
I'll see if I can replicate the jump-death and remember what level it was in.

[edit]

I PMed you the replication of the jump/death glitch (it's on a friend's Twitch.tv, didn't know if he wanted it posted here).

If you for some reason didn't get the PM I can resend it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:02:05 PM by Ralph »
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »
Has anybody besides me, tried the boss rush out yet on hard? So far the best time I have is 14:34 (I can literally beat the golem as fast as possible, which is before it is done doing its smashing the ground attacks which continue going on even if it is killed). I am using the dagger up until the vandal sword, then I switch to the cross, then switch again to the diamond for the final boss (it's level 2 is AWESOME against the wasp queen). Next I am going to try getting thru by switching to the axe at the first death fight and keeping it (which is harder without the dagger since 1 hit without the daggers level 3 = no more whip power up)

This is a great game, though it needs just a liiiiiiiittle more polishing. There are still issues with getting stuck off the edge of the screen on SEVERAL bosses (mirror master, the giant spider, experiment III, etc.) which is an INSTANT game ender and VERY aggravating. There is no soft reset, jumping too high off screen kills you (which is obscene), and MANY hitboxes need adjustment. He seems to have used the auto-precise method of collision, which just does NOT work. The game also crashes quite a bit on my win xp 32 bit machine, and THAT is a serious aggravation. Heck, there is not even a way to get the powered up version of the axe in boss rush until puppet master, and you can't get the powered up holy water until the last boss which is nuts. He should have put in at least more chances to switch sub weapons.

Hard mode was sadly disappointing; not many significant changes there compared to a game like contra 3 (which had the PERFECT hard mode compared to normal).

Still think its a great game, but Mig you really should have fixed those issues since the last release buddy.

Anyway, anyone else doing good at boss rush on HARD mode?

EDIT: best time is now 13:30 with the axe's lightning crash being heavily used.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:09:35 AM by the_truth »

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »
The only problem i keep having is random crashes.
Out of nowhere it just gives and error and closes.
I like the game over all, but a lot of times took cheap hits.. and 2 lives each time you start feels like too little.
I start getting used to a levels layout, and what to expect.. and right when i have it figured out and what i need to do or where to go.. i die and have to start all over again and by that point, i have forgotten things i memorized in the level.

Took me a bit to figure out how to get past this one area in the science level.. i came across a spiked pillar coming down from the sealing, and all the while it took me a bit to figure out i had to drop down.. hover a bit, wait for the other platform then dash across.. and often times.. i am STILL messing up that part... i die and lose all my lives and start back over again.

So frustrating.

But like i said, it's over all a great game.

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
Yeah the crashes are a nightmare at times!

But as for the difficulty, sorry but I think you just need to practice more. This isn't one of those games you can just pick up and rush thru like most of the modern trash put out. You actually have to practice and memorize it a bit. But its really not that hard; on the hardest setting I can easily get to the castle gardens without losing a life.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
The castle garden was the biggest nightmare of all for me.. thus far. I won't go into detail.. but i was banging my head and wanting to throw my controller.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »
I think we can all agree that Mig has done a fantastic job polishing this game. He has continued to do updates and add features at the requests of players even after he has moved on to the next project. I think he has gone above and beyond the expectations of a fan game. In fact, I would say that he has transcended the concept of a fan game and released something Konami themselves would have been proud of.

I'm honored to be working with him on our CV reboot called The Rise of Castlevania. We will be unveiling some details about the project soon. :)

The worst monsters are human.

Offline AkuITA

• Awards
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2013, 02:24:13 PM »
First of all, sorry for my bad eng :P

I want to say thanks in a special way MIG and everyone who worked on this wonderful chapter of Castlevania, for me much more than a simple dōjin/doujinshi game.
In this era that has seen our favorite series rolling and rumble, until around europe (I'm Italian but I do not approve Akumajo Dracula ends in Europe, many reasons, but, ok...this is frankly OT)

However, in these days, I was able to play Castlevania: The Lecarde Chronicles, and I was amazed, mesmerized by this game. Everything is just perfect, absolutely Castlevania, so that seems to be made by a Japanese devteam,  (the first boss, the arm-bone OMG). I know I exaggerate, but ask yourself if this is more Akumajo Dracula or Lords of Shadow.
There is a feeling that only makes sense that those who have achieved is very far conceptually from Castlevania Lords of Shadow or played in these years (apart CV: Rebirth)
The music, the remixes are just amazing, show a very refined taste, some are just perfect, others are evocative, unique, not to mention the level design or the gameplay. I'm a player that hardly satisfied, I am very picky....but this is superb. And then, the idea, the "Austria", at the time, the noble german family...
The idea of ​​giving a voice to Lecarde family/clan...
I would like to learn more English to be able to post hours of this great game.

It 'a sign of Fate that just when Konami stopped making Akumajo Dracula (the real Akumajo, I know you understand) their fans realize the best games of the series, or one of the best.

I have played many Castlevania "Dojin" but there is nothing like this.
Of course, I also noticed some of the enemies "ripped" from some previous chapters, but overall, this Akumajo Dracula, is a Akumajo Dracula.

I'm loving it.

That's all.  :)

Thank you Mr.MIG, I have already recommended it to many Akumajo players.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »
+1
I keep wanting to make my own CV game.. sadly though i'm not a programmer.. i'm more the artist designer type.

I love the game but.. i already played through it in easy mode... and i barely made it.. plus you can't even get to the end in easy mode... which infuriated me.
Hard mode will most likely drive me loco.
If a game stresses someone too much.. it becomes less fun.. and if it's less fun.. it's not worth playing.. because games are meant to be fun.
The sad part is we all have our different skill levels.
I felt punished for playing easy when i was not able to get to the end and it had the player "retreat" after fighting death.

I will say this though.. LOVE the graphics... LOVE the music.. and for the most part i LOVED the ideas behind the different levels.

I just felt like i was taking a lot of cheap shots left and right.. and i have HELL memorizing things.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
Wow! The game is awesome! Definitely one of my favorite Castlevania games. Reminds me of my two favorites at once - Simon's Quest and Order of Ecclesia. And I haven't seen better level design in the series.

But I agree with Mikepjr - allowing only hardcore players to see the final level is a bad idea. I would play hard mode like 20 years ago, when I had plenty of time and too little games to play. Now... I have about 30 minutes a day to play video games, and about 100 good games, waiting to be beaten. I'm too lazy to memorize anything, not related to my work. You could add a trick of some kind, which would allow to play last stages in any mode. Like "a+b+up+down+right+right..". :) Would be very oldschool. I can't remember when was the last time I needed to enter a code like that.

Anyway, I'm really glad I had a chance to play this game. Hope to see more.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
+1
Hi!
I was aware that the premature end in EASY mode could frustrate some players. The idea is to encourage the player to improve his skills in the Normal mode wich is the same game as Easy but with more damages.

Do not forget the pleasure wich is given by the completion of an hard challenge. ;)

Here is a Youtube video of the BOSS RUSH MODE  in HARD MODE completed in 11.20 min.
The player is my brother Alain.  :D A great player!!!

Do not see this video if you don't know the game and want to play it. It would be a spoiler.

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles Boss rush mode HARD 11.20 min

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
Watching the boos rush was interesting! I can see you worked hard to bring about new and unique bosses to Castlevania.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
Hi!
I was aware that the premature end in EASY mode could frustrate some players. The idea is to encourage the player to improve his skills in the Normal mode wich is the same game as Easy but with more damages.

Do not forget the pleasure wich is given by the completion of an hard challenge. ;)

Here is a Youtube video of the BOSS RUSH MODE  in HARD MODE completed in 11.20 min.
The player is my brother Alain.  :D A great player!!!

Do not see this video if you don't know the game and want to play it. It would be a spoiler.

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles Boss rush mode HARD 11.20 min
It would of been harder if you kept the same lifebar the whole time.

Anyways, this is a impressive game. Any chance it can be converted to play on emulation or CFW PS3? 

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything