Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: i just watched Twilight  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Also those picking on poor Crisis for watching with his girl, please turn in your gentlemen cards. Seriously, is it that alien of a concept to treat a lady nicely and do things she likes?

People still have those?  :o No wonder so many dudes get cheated on so much.  :P

As for twilight movies, sorry but that is what my girl has girlfriends for. Just like I have my boys for those things she isn't into too (though she luckily likes just about everything I do..... astonishingly).  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
+3
Have any of the individuals with such negative feelings actually watched or read anything from the Twilight saga to develop their own opinions of the matter instead of regurgitating what they read on the internet/heard from friends?

I have read all of the books, including the unreleased Midnight Sun, in order to be able to argue that the series sucks, and suck it does. To be more specific on why: the characters are unlikeable save for one or two (and I swear they wandered in from a better book), Meyer has pretty much rendered her vampires nigh invincible unless the plot called for it (Meyer actually admitted that killing characters makes her cry), any attempts at symbolism are smacked to the readers' faces with a sledgehammer, the "story" only happens the way it does because the characters are idiots, it's filled with backwards values and double standards (as well as several implications that actually made me feel uncomfortable reading it) and has far too much evidence that Meyer fell asleep in school compounded by an obvious lack of research (rich banker in the Great Depression keeping his job for example).

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
+1
Hell when I wrote my first book I didn't want some of my characters to die but I killed them anyways. Chances are if I had written them to the point that I was attached to them then obviously I must have done something right. Whenever my damned 5 months are up I'll submit to more publishers until I get it published.

Anyways though self-schilling aside any writer who is afraid to kill his or her characters is going to run into the Scooby syndrome where you have a ubiquitous gang of characters that survives everything and sucks the tension right out. This doesn't mean every single character has to go out in a Steinbeckian blaze of defeat but when you KNOW the cast of characters survives everything with just minor scratches you no longer have any vested interest in their survival.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
The inability to kill characters seems to be a pet-peeve of yours, doesn't it?

Meyer only kills villains, or anyone who doesn't kiss the ground the Cullens walk on if you want to be more objective.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:21:42 PM by Fofa »

Tags: