Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bring back the thunder.  (Read 6333 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »
Capcom will be fine as long as they have Monster Hunter, but I am worried about the health of Konami.
Actually, the same can be said of Konami and Metal Gear Solid. They've pretty much got Kojima covering their asses.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
Actually, the same can be said of Konami and Metal Gear Solid. They've pretty much got Kojima covering their asses.
I think Kojima's the only thing keeping Konami afloat. MGS titles sell assloads and every reveal has gamers drooling. I think they're only keeping the company named "Konami" out of tradition(and the Japanese are very traditional). Had they been less traditional, they could very well rename the company "Solid Entertainment" or "Solid Studios", and nobody would care(well, we would, but our feelings don't count)

And yes, Konami and the rest of the Japanese developers are starting to be so short-sighted that I fear for their existence in the future. But we can have hope for the new indie developers.
Really, I don't care if big studios go under. People who make such bad decisions deserve to feel the heat of their consequences. The only thing I see bad with a big studio closing down is that they take their franchises with them.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »
Yea, I would suspect that MGS is the glue keeping Konami together.

I mean, if they got rights to ninja turtles again, would that even matter at this point?

It seems like the big name companies are at their wits end for keeping that appeal factor high
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »
I could almost see them doing this to bring in the older Castlevania titles to the newer generation. Since Lords of Shadow has been out for a while, Konami would release the older titles, with some fixes, to bring in the people who know only Lords of Shadow. Although, given Lords 2's not-so success, I'm not sure how it would fare.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »
I mean, if they got rights to ninja turtles again, would that even matter at this point?

No, but what about Sunset Riders? :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: