0 (0%)
Cornell (LoS)
1 (4.2%)
Satan
0 (0%)
Other...
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Villain Excluding Dracula and Death?  (Read 7872 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Favorite Villain Excluding Dracula and Death?
« on: March 30, 2013, 02:28:35 AM »
I tried to include all the villains I could think of that had at least one scene with dialogue, but I might have left some out.  You can name what foe that doesn't have any personality that you like, too.

Brauner is mine, I think.  Horrible character art aside, he's got a rather unique presentation and some wacky moves, and his hammy lines tickle my fancy.  I've got a soft spot for Joachim, though, because I got a kick out of playing his mode.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Favorite Villain Excluding Dracula and Death?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:17 AM »
Where is Olrox and Chaos? I cant decide myself so I will vote in Indiana Jones' son, he is very charismatic.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »
If Galamoth had more of a personality as in he was given more depth in exposure, I'm sure I'd pick him. I like Graham because he's smooth. But he never had a decent chance to flourish. Brauner could be really cool too, but he, too, got the short end of the stick when it comes to exposition. He was probably the most symphatetic CV villain I can think of.

The way things are, I like Walter. He was evil essentially because he was bored. And kind of a prototype Dracula.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:30:43 AM »
I too have a soft spot for Joachim... such poor soul...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
Where is Olrox and Chaos? I cant decide myself so I will vote in Indiana Jones' son, he is very charismatic.

Chaos isn't an enemy Lelgax. It's simply the opposite of Order. It doesn't have any physical characteristics on it's own that we can grasp with our limited orderly minds. But if you are referring to that final creature/Boss in AoS then I guess it should be on the list too. However in my mind that still isn't chaos because it was too orderly in look. I chose Actress. She's only had one game story to shine and she did so with flying colors.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:26:49 AM »
Zobek, Time Reaper, Necromancer (he had dialogue in CotM, so i guess he sorta-counts? and in MoF)

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:11 PM »
cornell of lords of shadows is the best, old villains has nothing to do with him is the best.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:29:18 AM »
I love Brauner from Portrait of Ruin.

But I have to recognize, although I'm not a big fan of the MS games, that Gabriel is a brilliant villain. He does have that "villain with a good heart" that I love to see. His character journey is very moving.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:33:51 AM »
Walter Bernhard. I like doing impressions of his deep voice. I say welcome to people in school in his voice but it kinda creeps people out. I also like Shaft. My sister and I quote him from DXC.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
I chose Carmila simply because her true form looks amazing in CotM. i love when Nathan meets her and tells her to "Shut Up". Thats my favorite dialogue from that game
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
+1
I just voted for Brauner.

PS: I would have chosen Carmilla from CotM if it was for most beautiful villain.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
Definitely Joachim.

The fact that you got to play as him was a very nice bonus.

Walter and Olrox are a close second and third.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
+1
I chose Carmila simply because her true form looks amazing in CotM. i love when Nathan meets her and tells her to "Shut Up". Thats my favorite dialogue from that game

Yeah I voted for her when this poll first started though if I had seen Actrise listed it would have been a harder decision. As you say her true-form Sprite design is just stunning, one of the best character sprites in the series overall imo, which for a series as artistically rich and diverse as Castlevania is really saying something.

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
+1
I had to choose Isaac... It's very rare in a video game that I absolutely HATE the antagonist. Not because of his design, his voice acting (which I thought kicked ass), or his insanely flamboyant flair (which I also like). It was that he was just such a recurring asshole that tended to piss me off time and again (kinda like Gary Oak). Not to mention fighting him during the boss fight with my under-leveled self was annoying as shit. Honestly, it was VERY satisfying silencing him for good during the story. He was just such a damn good villain.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »
I love Abaddon.

Tags:

anything