Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047866 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1935 on: June 11, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
It's a separate mode...
Relax. It's just an extra mode.
I don't think it's necessarily true they'll affect the *rest* of the game.

Please actually read the quoted material. It existing in any form is going to shape the design of the game both conceptually and technically. It may not be apparent to non-developers but every design decision has a consequence to the entire project. Be it money, time, limiting other parts of the design, etc. Whether it is another mode or not it will effect the game in one form or another.

I'm not expecting them to make it the main mode, though I did share my disdain for such things. Even so it can effect how they proceed, possibly effecting level design complexity or sucking resources from making the main experience the best it can be. Same goes for classic mode.

I want the best IGAvania he can make. Not randomized bullshit and classic mode stuff that could interfere with that one important objective.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1936 on: June 11, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
Exploding... what? O_o;  Do I want to know?

I really love that Shovel Knight is making a cameo (it was a fantastic game)!!  For some reason, it usually bugged me when I came across the third recolored sprite or copied enemy in one game, but they could (and sometimes did) do a bunch of knight enemies and I didn't mind those.  I'd laugh to see a while new set... Axe Armor, Disc Armor, Flame Armor, Earth Armor, Shovel Armor, Rake Armor, Garden Hose Armor... ;-)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1937 on: June 11, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
TELL ME THIS IS A GLITCH

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING, RIGHT?!

What the heck? I'm looking at the kickstarter right now. That's crazy it must be a glitch.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1938 on: June 11, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
TELL ME THIS IS A GLITCH

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING, RIGHT?!

I saw that too. Weird.
WAS IT ALL A RUSE?!  :P
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1939 on: June 11, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »
People in the comments are saying it's a glitch. Like, Bloodstained got so much money that we broke Kickstarter.

...I hope that's true.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1940 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »
People in the comments are saying it's a glitch. Like, Bloodstained got so much money that we broke Kickstarter.

...I hope that's true.

Bloodstained broke kickstarter and if that turns out to be true... I mean... wow...

never mind it's back  :P it say's  $4,429,184
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:12:56 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1941 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
+1
It'll be really cool if the prequel game plays all Classic-Vania style! It'd be like a Castlevania Rebirth 2!

Kind of the Rondo to the main Symphony of the Night.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #1942 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »
Like Neobelmont said, FALSE ALARM!

...Damn near gave me a heart attack. >_>

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1943 on: June 11, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
It'll be really cool if the prequel game plays all Classic-Vania style! It'd be like a Castlevania Rebirth 2!

That's interesting I was thinking alongside the line of might gunvolt. Very short but enjoyable.

Like Neobelmont said, FALSE ALARM!

...Damn near gave me a heart attack. >_>

You're the one that almost gave me a heart attack  XD
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #1944 on: June 11, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
You're the one that almost gave me a heart attack  XD

I was actually saying the Kickstarter nearly gave me one, lol.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1945 on: June 11, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
I was actually saying the Kickstarter nearly gave me one, lol.

Well shoot, both of ye all most gave me one.  :P Anyways can't wait for that stream during the last four hours.
(click to show/hide)

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1946 on: June 11, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »

Not really a fair comparison. We are talking biggest kickstarter from it's start to deadline. Not how much money it's gotten from the beginning past it's end.

most funded games on Kickstarter

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1947 on: June 11, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
most funded games on Kickstarter

Too bad that's not a VIDEOGAME which is what they're saying they're number one in which they are lol

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1948 on: June 11, 2015, 04:59:32 PM »
Please actually read the quoted material. It existing in any form is going to shape the design of the game both conceptually and technically. It may not be apparent to non-developers but every design decision has a consequence to the entire project. Be it money, time, limiting other parts of the design, etc. Whether it is another mode or not it will effect the game in one form or another.

I'm not expecting them to make it the main mode, though I did share my disdain for such things. Even so it can effect how they proceed, possibly effecting level design complexity or sucking resources from making the main experience the best it can be. Same goes for classic mode.

I want the best IGAvania he can make. Not randomized bullshit and classic mode stuff that could interfere with that one important objective.
Of course new modes will affect the design. Still you forget that they have enough money to outsource the modes to other teams, if they want. Just as they used the money to outsource the ports as they would affect the development of the UE4 version.

Anyway, it's happening, it's pointless do discuss the ifs and buts of this.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1949 on: June 11, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »

True enough, but from this post it sounds like classic mode also influences the design of the game as a whole, even if perhaps not to the extent roguelike mode would (even as a separate mode, the bosses, designs of the main castle, etc. would still consider the classic mode, and it would take money and time away from the main mode anyways, etc). And while IGAvanias are great, you have to admit that a "classic" mode was as close to an ironclad demand from CV fans as you could get, so including one was pretty much inevitable.

By that line of thought, couldn't the same be said for a roguelike mode if we're getting this much money? While CV fans wouldn't really expect a roguelike, the gaming community at large might, since that genre is so popular nowadays. I can understand not wanting to spend limited resources on something beyond the main game, but these 'extra modes' might well be worth their price in how much they get people to buy Bloodstained after the kickstarter has succeeded. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: