Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My father is a racist  (Read 13072 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »
Reading all these comments makes me think one thing: got to open those books and read, so many things to understand ...But if it's one thing it seems that intolerance comes from lack of understanding and well fear of the unknown(this really is a common) and most of all that feeling of being insecure other than that sadly and well this is embarrassing I just do not know enough to make such a solid statement to make the best of conversation at this moment so this is my one cent on it.

Jews treat their women like blacks?

I am curious very curious about this statement what does this mean exactly? No seriously is it good bad what?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 12:54:47 AM »
HUH ?  I didn't even attribute that statement to any religion in particular.

Not many religions to choose from when you name drop "God." God is for all of man. He loves equally, with infinite mercy and forgiveness. Shouldn't you know this already?

I haven't even used the word 'atheist' either, so that's another assumption on your part.

I could have sworn you did, but review of posts shows you did not specifically label yourself as an atheist. However;

Religion taught them to be intolerant.
I don't believe in god
Any sentence that mentions logic and religious beliefs at the same time just makes my brain melt.

You've been condemning religion as a concept, and claiming no belief in God. Logically, this means you follow no religion. Now I ask; If not atheist, then what?

As long as you're mentioning atheists, studies show that they know more about religion than religious people do - but atheists already knew that, just watch debate after debate where religious people demonstrate their ignorance about their own faith.

The key word you're missing here is "sometimes." For all that touting about 'logic' you sure seem to be imposing improper absolutes here. The key here is that, the existence of ignorant followers has absolutely no barring on the legitimacy and actual teachings of the religion. You're just fabricating reasons to hate at this point.

There are many people who actually believe that god loves them more than other people, that's just plain true

See directly above.

Besides, how does that statement even demonstrate a lack of knowledge about something? It's just stating a fact.

See first part above. You know, basic God stuff. So much for coming into this with "your facts straight."

If you're going to call someone out for being intolerant of intolerance, then I guess we're all hypocrites who would be speaking german right now if such logic made any sense.

You're being intolerant of religion in general, is the point. Try to pay attention here.

If you're gonna get offended
don't get all bent out of shape

Oh right, I can't possibly be discussing this in a calm logical manner, because I believe in God. How silly of me. Who is the one with the assumptions here now? I don't think you even have what it takes to get me bent out of shape.

Come on, kid. At least try to keep up here. If you're going to rise up and defeat those evil religions, you have a very long way to go. You can't be touting 'logic' as your thematic center point and then write a sad reply like that. All you're doing is coming off as a smug, self assured, brat with a chip on your shoulder because you've had a bad experience with some ignorant people who happen to follow a religion. You think you know it all because you can throw around some random bashing and generalizations?

If you want to have a real debate about religion based in logic, then you'll have to step it up big time. If all you're going to do is take piss poor pot shots then just take it somewhere else already.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
I think that racism and religion go hand in hand because they both do the same thing for people: make them feel better about themselves. 

I think people use religion to JUSTIFY racism, just as they use it to justify a billion other irrational viewpoints - and that's ultimately how they are related IMHO.

That doesn't mean they go hand in hand. That means some people are idiots and use religion as a weapon against something. That's like guns and murder go hand in hand, which is not the case, and if you believe other wise.... well can't say anything better than a facepalm.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
That and people use, well, ALL KINDS OF REASONS AND PHILOSOPHIES to justify racism. :p Saying religion and racism go hand in hand or that they fit together like peanut butter and jelly is a gross generalization steeped in ignorance.

And not that this really means much of anything, but I know a few somewhat racist people, and they're almost always non-religious. The religious people I know—which includes family, friends, friends' families, and the people and families I know from church—are the most loving, generous, helpful people I've ever known who sacrifice so much to better the lives of others. That's true Christianity. That's biblical Christianity. And sadly, American Christianity doesn't always reflect that; there's a serious problem in this country where people who claim to be of the faith are terribly ignorant of their religion and don't live their lives the way a Christian is called to. But because a large number of people misuse the religion does not make the religion itself some awful hate-intensifier.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »
I know it's unrelated to the subject. But I was randomly reading stuff on Wikipedia when I found this:

Yeah, so I don't know much about the Sikh religion but I'll be damned if it's not the coolest religious symbol I've ever seen. 
And it's supposed to be three swords and a chakram connected. Damn, Sikhs. You're awesome.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
That is a pretty neat symbol. The name Sikh too, gotta admit, sounds edgy. (no offense intended to anyone, Just in case...)

mn the last page or so just did NOT compute. All these philosophical religious discussions. Jesus. They are hard to follow!

BTW what is your opinion on "Jews for Jesus"?

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 01:00:25 AM »

BTW what is your opinion on "Jews for Jesus"?

Is the question intended for me? Hmmm "Jews for Jesus" or the Messianic Jews movement is a controversial religious sect.
I heard at least some things about it in my country. Personally, I think it's just some sort of devious Christian plot to convert Jews to Christianity. It's quite silly, really. Those people would present themselves as Jews, while their religion is Christianity. Christians failed in converting Jews to Christianity for 2000 years, so they created this movement, which openly claims to be Jewish while teaching Christian faith values.

And the funniest thing about it, is that they would emphasize the clearly Jewish ideas presented in the New Testament, while repeating that Christ was a faithful Jew and the first Christians were Jews, i. e. Christianity is a fundamentally Jewish religion. As if there hasn't been 2000 years since then in which Orthodox Judaism and Christianity each followed its own path.
In simple words? We couldn't convert them forcefully, so let's use their religious logic to do it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2012, 04:51:03 AM »
Jesus was jewish though. And the "first" christians were jewish. Indeed Christianity are just an extension of Judaism. So those claims are not wrong. It could be real jewish people who are taking up Jesus as the Messiah as Christians have said.

That said though, it does seem to be some sort of converting "scam" as if they really were Jewish that has now acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, why not just convert to Christianity or outright break away from the traditional jews (if they want to keep jewish ways)? Though I have not really heard of this movement, it doesn't seem right, just by the sound of it.

Tags:

anything