Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kid Dracula in Circle of the Moon (Hack)  (Read 5510 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:45:23 AM »
Here is my latest hack I would like to share with you all, it brings Kid Dracula from the Kid Dracula series to Circle of the Moon, more info within the video description, enjoy.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:48:55 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Kid Dracula in Circle of the Moon (Hack)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:51:21 PM »
Change that whip into fireballs somehow. But I do like his look. Was the sprite work full custom or just a stretched sprite? I like that you kept his arms raised when he jumps.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:25:02 AM »
Change that whip into fireballs somehow. But I do like his look. Was the sprite work full custom or just a stretched sprite? I like that you kept his arms raised when he jumps.

Custom sprites by Vedora-Kingdom, and the whip can't be changed to fireballs due to severe sprite constraints within the hacking tool and anything outside those constraints clips and looks awful so its not possible, given that Kid Dracula is well Dracula's kid I thought a blood whip would be the way to go given what I have to work with.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 01:32:00 AM »
Custom sprites by Vedora-Kingdom, and the whip can't be changed to fireballs due to severe sprite constraints within the hacking tool and anything outside those constraints clips and looks awful so its not possible, given that Kid Dracula is well Dracula's kid I thought a blood whip would be the way to go given what I have to work with.

if only you could edit it to a long sword some how :/
a whip is just not right for kid Dracula, and I think this is teen Dracula lol
but good to see another kid Dracula fan :)
good job on your hack

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »
if only you could edit it to a long sword some how :/

That should be possible considering that one of Nathan's card powers is using a sword. A sword with a rather long reach I might add.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
That should be possible considering that one of Nathan's card powers is using a sword. A sword with a rather long reach I might add.

Actually it would not work, when hacking sprites something you encounter within the hacking program (I use Tile Molester) is that you have "sprite constraints" when you edit and replace sprites, in weapon or sprites that exceed that constraint is cutoff in game it does not work and the reason for this is because the original game developer made it to where those constraints are made specific for each item,character, and weapon sprite and thus you can't exceed that or it overlaps with other stuff or is just cutoff.

In short the constraint used for the swords is much larger than the whip (which is the main weapon) and of course the sprite restraint of it is long and thin given that its a whip so my adding a entire sword such as the flame,ice, or rose sword in the game would not work since it would exceed those limits, at best I could make a longsword like a did with my Hugh Baldwin hack but no way I could add the existing swords to become the main weapon.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
Well, you could do a full memory hack, but that's clearly a lot more work than you're willing to undertake. lol No one's going to blame you there. You'd have to edit the tile data, the sprite layout data, the hitbox calculation data (if they used hitboxes) or the whip length data (if they didn't use hitboxes), and likely some other stuff. Naturally, first you'd have to find the locations of all that stuff in the memory. It's not impossible, just a lot of work.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: